FL FL - Kevin McGrath, 26, missing from a cruise ship, Miami, 4 Sept 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The state of Tennessee has reopened his case as of 9/22 and it says that he is booked for probation violation. There’s a bond of 5,000 dollars. At this point, I have no idea if he’s alive or not because according to this, he’s sitting in jail..
The bond was posted on 11/29/2020 and is closed. Not for 2023.

The hearing for the civil case (child support) was on 9/25/23, but it seems the state initiated its own action before that? I'm guessing for missing a check-in with a probation of some sort.

He does not show up in the Montgomery County Inmate search.
The probation violation stems from the aggravated assault adjudication. Whatever child support issues he is entangled in did not result in the probation violation.
I just wonder why it says booked as of 9/22/23. Could it be possible he was arrested in the Bahamas or somewhere in Miami? Maybe the family tried to help him escape?

Once I found out about his legal issues it changed my feelings about what possibly happened to him. JMO

I just wish people would stop bashing Carnival on social media.
Yes Carnival is not at fault for him disappearing. I wish they had cameras in the hallway to see who used his card at 3:30am. I always thought he went overboard either accidentally or on purpose and maybe it was in a blind spot which is why cameras didn’t detect him going overboard, but now that it says “booked” it makes me think he never got back on the boat when it left the Bahamas. Or he somehow escaped in Miami without carnival knowing. It’s possible his twin scanned his sail card to cover for him and maybe he ended up getting caught? Weird case.

McGrath's probation officers say he never got permission to go on the cruise, and it appears his probation office only found out he was aboard the ship when the media reported he'd vanished.

What's more, the docs say he's violating probation by failing to maintain communication with his probation officer. All attempts to contact him have been unsuccessful since the cruise, and his whereabouts remain unknown

IF an individual faked a disappearance to avoid legal issues or any other reason I think that person should be responsible for the enormous costs involved in the Coast Guard search of 3,300 square nautical miles.

IF the individual received any type of assistance from one or more family members in faking a disappearance I think they should face legal charges as well.

IF family members knowingly slandered Carnival Cruise Lines I think they should face legal charges and/or civil damages.

All this JMO.

Last edited:
Also TMZ mentioned that he didn't get permission to go on the cruise and that he's not keeping in contact with his PO.

McGrath's legal troubles might provide another clue in his Labor Day weekend disappearance, which led to a Coast Guard search that has since been called off without finding him.

According to legal docs, obtained by TMZ, McGrath pleaded guilty to aggravated assault in Tennessee in September 2022 -- his wife said he threatened to kill her and their kids -- and he ended up getting sentenced to 6 years of supervised probation.

IF an individual faked a disappearance to avoid legal issues or any other reason I think that person should be responsible for the enormous costs involved in the Coast Guard search of 3,300 square nautical miles.

IF the individual received any type of assistance from one or more family members in faking a disappearance I think they should face legal charges as well.

IF family members knowingly slandered Carnival Cruise Lines I think they should face legal charges and/or civil damages.

All this JMO.
I agree wholeheartedly with your thoughts, and, as you stated in a previous post, knowledge of KM's legal woes places his disappearance in an entirely different light. At this juncture, I'm inclined to believed that 1) Kevin jumped off the ship in the wee hours before arriving in Miami so he couldn't be held accountable for his crimes and go to prison. Or 2) Kevin had help from family member/s and didn't return to the ship after the stop in Bimini, or someone helped him disembark in Miami without being detected. JMO

I agree wholeheartedly with your thoughts, and, as you stated in a previous post, knowledge of KM's legal woes places his disappearance in an entirely different light. At this juncture, I'm inclined to believed that 1) Kevin jumped off the ship in the wee hours before arriving in Miami so he couldn't be held accountable for his crimes and go to prison. Or 2) Kevin had help from family member/s and didn't return to the ship after the stop in Bimini, or someone helped him disembark in Miami without being detected. JMO
Not that it matters but I'll take option #1, in honor of Mr Occam. By age 26yo, he had a criminal history.

At this stage, I'm inclined to believe KM became highly intoxicated, on purpose and with intent, in order to end his life by throwing his drunken body into the water.

It is significant that his ship pass was used to open the door to his cabin. But, did he enter the room? Did he prop the door open for whatever reason, to grab something, or to leave something? When the door closed, he was in the hallway and not in his room. jmo

Suicide is the tenth leading cause of death in the U.S. One person dies by suicide about every 11 minutes. It is the second leading cause of death among people ages 10 to 34

A recent life crisis and problems with money or legal problems can be contributors.

Does anyone know offhand if probation terms usually forbid going on cruises? Or if someone can look up the terms of KM's probation agreement?

Either way, I think the idea is pretty out there, especially since KM did not have his passport, ID, or birth certificate, which are pretty important documents to have. Not impossible, but very improbable.

If you are planning to go off grid to avoid court, garnishments, incarceration, etc, I would think your legitimate identity documents would be the last thing you would want on your person. And if for some reason he is alive and did manage to bypass all the security cruise ships have in place for embarking and disembarking passengers I would think it would be easy for some relative to send him his documents by courier or the USPS in a plain brown wrapper. If you want fake ID, there are ways to get it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yoshibee
Back