Found Deceased FL - Kristina French, 53, Neptune Beach, 21 Nov 2017 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The mom has posted on her FB that they do not know if he has insulin with him and that Logan’s phone was left at his dad’s house. They do not know about Kristina’s (the grandmother) phone.

Also, a friend commented that Logan had texted with a classmate about homework on Tuesday, but that the classmate hadn’t talked to him since.

If Logan was that a friend on Tuesday, then that would seem to indicate that everything was still normal. Knowing that Logan missed school on Monday and Tuesday, then it is possible he was texting his friend about missed school work.

But if this was a voluntary leaving, then texting a friend could've been a good way to throw people off.

I have to say, I'm very confused about what could have happened.

We have two people missing, one vehicle missing, potentially one cell phone missing (Grandma), and some guns missing.

The mom has posted on her FB that they do not know if he has insulin with him and that Logan’s phone was left at his dad’s house. They do not know about Kristina’s (the grandmother) phone.

Also, a friend commented that Logan had texted with a classmate about homework on Tuesday, but that the classmate hadn’t talked to him since.

More thinking:

If Logan left his cell phone at home, then what phone did he use to text a friend on Tuesday?

It just seems that no one has seen them on Monday or Tuesday, which could mean they were gone from the house sooner.

If Logan was that a friend on Tuesday, then that would seem to indicate that everything was still normal. Knowing that Logan missed school on Monday and Tuesday, then it is possible he was texting his friend about missed school work.

But if this was a voluntary leaving, then texting a friend could've been a good way to throw people off.

I have to say, I'm very confused about what could have happened.

We have two people missing, one vehicle missing, potentially one cell phone missing (Grandma), and some guns missing.

I am confused too. I am stuck on 2 opposing scenarios. One possibility=, a home invasion by people wanting to hurt the father. The boy might have been home sick for 2 days, and it was a coincidence. And the perps knew the father was away, so they had an opportunity to kidnap his family.

But I am also wondering a bit about the son. His recent buzzcut makes me curious. And he probably knew the code for the safe, and may have had a meltdown of some kind? Leaving his phone behind ad Dad;s, very curious. When my son was 15 he would have died if he was at his grandma's and didn't have his cell for a few days.

I don't know...very scary whatever happened...

I am confused too. I am stuck on 2 opposing scenarios. One possibility=, a home invasion by people wanting to hurt the father. The boy might have been home sick for 2 days, and it was a coincidence. And the perps knew the father was away, so they had an opportunity to kidnap his family.

But I am also wondering a bit about the son. His recent buzzcut makes me curious. And he probably knew the code for the safe, and may have had a meltdown of some kind? Leaving his phone behind ad Dad;s, very curious. When my son was 15 he would have died if he was at his grandma's and didn't have his cell for a few days.

The media is reporting that police searched two homes, the dad's home and then another one on South Nipigon. Just guessing, but I am think that is the home of Logan's grandmother. If this was an abduction, would we really have to crime scenes?

And does Logan's grandmother work? If so, was she at work on Monday and Tuesday, the days we know Logan was not at school?

ETA: This article does note that the grandma works but is not commenting on whether or not she was at work on Monday and Tuesday.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.news4jax.com/news/large-police-presence-blocking-off-part-of-seagate-avenue-in-neptune-beach

I don't know which is worse, a scenario where Logan snapped, harmed his grandmother and took off with the guns or criminals looking for payback of some sort. LE scoured both houses for evidence so IMO they may already have a pretty good idea of what occurred. It's sad either way. :(

[video=twitter;933855155044388864]https://twitter.com/LarryANjax/status/933855155044388864[/video]
Larry Spruill Jr
✔
@LarryANjax
RIGHT NOW: @JSOPIO officers are taking pictures outside home. @ActionNewsJax

Larry Spruill Jr‏Verified account
@LarryANjax
Follow Follow @LarryANjax
More
Another crime scene van just pulled up to the house where grandma Kristina French lived. @ActionNewsJax

[video=twitter;933855155044388864]https://twitter.com/LarryANjax/status/933855155044388864[/video]
Larry Spruill Jr
[emoji818]
@LarryANjax
RIGHT NOW: @JSOPIO officers are taking pictures outside home. @ActionNewsJax

Larry Spruill Jr‏Verified account
@LarryANjax
Follow Follow @LarryANjax
More
Another crime scene van just pulled up to the house where grandma Kristina French lived. @ActionNewsJax

If they’re taking pictures of the outside windows like that seems like a possible break in/burglary. IMO I sure hope they find them soon. So scary when two people go
Missing like that. But I’m also curious why he buzzed his hair? My son has long hair like that and no way he’s gonna cut it. Idk just seemed weird to me.

If they’re taking pictures of the outside windows like that seems like a possible break in/burglary. IMO I sure hope they find them soon. So scary when two people go
Missing like that. But I’m also curious why he buzzed his hair? My son has long hair like that and no way he’s gonna cut it. Idk just seemed weird to me.

Could have been for a sport. I remember when I was in high school the wrestling, swim, baseball and lacrosse coaches all had a rule that hair was to be no longer than an inch. This was a while ago though - my little cousin who's Logan's age did not have to do that for his sports, I'm pretty sure.

Do you (or anyone) know if the friend's comment was posted on Logan's mom FB? Has LE addressed that yet to verify the text? It doesn't seem like something a kidnapper would text to throw LE off so if the friend is sure it was Tuesday then the timeline would be that Logan and his grandmother were still home as late as Tuesday and nothing out of the ordinary was going on.

And IMO it would indicate that at least until the time of the text that Logan was of calm mind. So if he had some sort of meltdown it would have occurred later.

I don’t think the buzz cut is necessarily that weird. I remember I had a male friend in high school who had such a huge MOP of hair.. it was kind of his thing. One day he came in with it buzzed and I legitimately didn’t recognize him!

I wonder if Logan had close friends— if so, they should be able to tell LE whether there were any other indications something was off with him.

Additionally since his phone was left at home, that & any laptops in the house should give LE a good idea of what Logan was up to online in recent months. That might be helpful.

If his insulin pump was left behind- it indicates he was interrupted while changing it/ filling it OR he was showering and it was disconnected OR it was intentionally left behind by Logan.

Highly unlikely he had a 'spare' (as a PP posited) as they are terribly expensive. My grandson wears a pump and he has never been offered a spare. It was understood when he got it that he needed to be uber-careful with it as it is literally his lifeline.

Thank you for this insight. I am not familiar with having a pump and what is required and/or typical of use. It is scary to think he may be without it.

One thought that I am hopeful for regarding the tents being set up — it has rained here in the Jacksonville region overnight and most of the day, so maybe I am being naive in hoping it was just for a staging area to stay dry and out of the home (“crime scene”).

Regarding Logan’s friend commenting about the text, that was on a news FB site but I’ll have to find which one. Apologies — I didn’t even think that would be considered a rumor until confirmed by LE.

If another crime scene van just pulled up to the grandma's house, that seems to confirm TWO crime scenes: one at grandma's and one at Logan's dad's house.

While dad was out of town, I wonder if Logan stayed at the house by himself or if he stayed at his grandma's house.

And if someone had wanted revenge and or to steal the guns, would that person really take both Logan and the grandmother, assuming that they (the abductors) had to go to two locations? It makes sense if Logan and his grandmother were at the same house but would abductors drive them to a second home for something?

One thought that I am hopeful for regarding the tents being set up — it has rained here in the Jacksonville region overnight and most of the day, so maybe I am being naive in hoping it was just for a staging area to stay dry and out of the home (“crime scene”).

Regarding Logan’s friend commenting about the text, that was on a news FB site but I’ll have to find which one. Apologies — I didn’t even think that would be considered a rumor until confirmed by LE.

If you saw it on an msm FB site then it's open for discussion. But yeah, it would be good to see LE confirm the text. Thanks!

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/florid...andmother-missing-after-home-found-ransacked/

This article states that Carrie Mott
(Ex wife of Eric Mott) said that French,
(The grandmother) last texted Eric Mott, French's son, on Tuesday night to confirm she would pick him up at the airport.

Seems like the last texts by both missing people occurred Tuesday evening. I wonder how Carrie Mott knew that French had texted her ex husband on Tuesday night?!

Unless, of course Eric Mott told his ex wife this. So it appears "all was well" Tuesday night unless someone other than those 2 were texting. ??!!

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/florid...andmother-missing-after-home-found-ransacked/

This article states that Carrie Mott
(Ex wife of Eric Mott) said that French,
(The grandmother) last texted Eric Mott, French's son, on Tuesday night to confirm she would pick him up at the airport.

Seems like the last texts by both missing people occurred Tuesday evening. I wonder how Carrie Mott knew that French had texted her ex husband on Tuesday night?!

Unless, of course Eric Mott told his ex wife this. So it appears "all was well" Tuesday night unless someone other than those 2 were texting. ??!!

Either someone else was texting or forced them to send those texts, OR one of them texted to throw people off.

It is just really hard to think either the son or grandma did this. I'd think the only way would be if one of them had a total mental meltdown. But there doesn't seem to be any evidence of that, as far as we know.

And if one of them was really enraged, hard to understand why they'd take it out on each other and not the dad or Mom.

According to the reporter at the link below, the grandmother is a therapist. Perhaps an unstable patient of hers abducted her and the boy?

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1754233434610085&id=118249174875194

I am starting to wonder the same.

The angry ex-con scenario is possible, but it seems very odd that they would take any hostages. It seems more likely, if they wanted revenge, they'd harm/kill the Deputy's family and leave them there. Why take them ?

Same with a robbery/home invasion. Why take them away from the crime scene. So much more risky/complicated that way.

But a mental patient that was obsessed or enraged might do so. Very frightening to imagine.

Either someone else was texting or forced them to send those texts, OR one of them texted to throw people off.

It is just really hard to think either the son or grandma did this. I'd think the only way would be if one of them had a total mental meltdown. But there doesn't seem to be any evidence of that, as far as we know.

And if one of them was really enraged, hard to understand why they'd take it out on each other and not the dad or Mom.
Yes! Both communications were written (no verbals) and both on Tuesday night. It could be they were gone long before that.

But, in order to send a FB note to a friend re homework, or a text to French's son, it would have to be someone close to both of them or at least very familiar with both of them
to know their routine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members