Found Deceased FL - Kristina French, 53, Neptune Beach, 21 Nov 2017 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who in their right mind would keep those weapons in the vehicle with him for 15+ hours and 1000 miles?
You would think he'd have gotten rid of them somewhere along that long road? Stop at a riverbank, bury a hole in a field and toss 'em in, something.
I can't imagine a reason for keeping them. Anyone?

Maybe he had visions of going bush and living off the land?

I wonder if perhaps Logan and his Grandmother used to have a good/close relationship when she lived far away and seeing her wasnt as frequent therefore she was the fun grandma he saw while vacationing to see her but once she moved very close by, perhaps that dynamic changed greatly and he viewed her more as a 3rd parent meddling in his life more and that change created distance and a disliking of her?

She moved so recently that I find it to be a theory that isn't very likely, but figured I'd still throw it out there.

I can see that as a possibility. Especially if Dad was saying something like ' You don't need to live with your Mother, you have your grandma here and she is a better mother etc...'

I can see that as a possibility. Especially if Dad was saying something like ' You don't need to live with your Mother, you have your grandma here and she is a better mother etc...'

I just can't imagine an adult son passing off a grandmother as a "better mother". Even with intact families, it's absolutely normal for grandmothers and grandfathers to be involved in their grandchildren's lives. It's not unusual to relocate for that very reason.

Sadly in this case it turned tragic.

I totally agree that Dad's hitting him and leaving red marks is abusive.

But I am not sure that having him run as punishment is automatically abusive. When I played sports in school, I had track coaches and ski team coaches that made us all run, and many, including myself, would throw up at the start of the season.

Dad was in the service and then Law enforcement, for most of his life. Running and doing push ups as punishment is natural to him. I don't know that it is abusive, in every circumstance.

We don't know what the situation was. Maybe he came home and his son had done something very seriously wrong. What does a father do as punishment these days?

If I found out that a 12 or 13 yr old had stolen from Mom's wallet, or played with his fathers weapon or stolen from someone, and I then saw the father out at a track, 'forcing' the kid to run until he couldn't run anymore---I don't think I would see it as abusive.

I totally understand those that feel it is abusive. I guess I just weigh it against those parents who do little or nothing when they see their kids going down the wrong path at 12 or 13.

And Dad worked in the jails. The last thing he wanted was to see his son end up in there someday. Sadly, his fears have come to fruition...:jail:

I believe I read KF had 3 years service at her place of employment. Hard to fathom she hadn’t expressed concern over her sons strict parenting. Guns, knives, survival training, he’s one scary Dad. IMO

I just can't imagine an adult son passing off a grandmother as a "better mother". Even with intact families, it's absolutely normal for grandmothers and grandfathers to be involved in their grandchildren's lives. It's not unusual to relocate for that very reason.

Sadly in this case it turned tragic.[/QUOTE.

Unfortunately, I can see this guy saying it to his son. Twelve/thirteen years is a long time to hold a grudge and hate for an Ex. Curious, how he treats the girlfriend? He certainly punished his son over the hate he holds for his sons Mother. IMO

".......Erie County District Attorney John Flynn suggested the defense is merely prolonging the inevitable by delaying the extradition hearing. If they continue to delay, he explained, Governor Cuomo will forward the appropriate paperwork to Florida's governor for a signature.

"They can either waive the hearing and consent to go back to Florida or they can fight it," Flynn said. "If that happens, the governor's office will prepare the paperwork, send it to the governor of Florida, and the governor of Florida will sign a warrant and get the young man."

The murder case itself was not discussed in the courtroom. Following Wednesday morning's proceedings, Saraceno was asked how the delay in Mott's extradition hearing may affect his case.

"I don't think it does anything to his case. It doesn't prove anything," Saraceno said. "There's no motive. There's no confession. There could be dozens of alternative theories on what happened.".........

http://news.wbfo.org/post/extradition-hearing-florida-teen-accused-grandmothers-murder-moved-friday

Saraceno is a Buffalo, NY attorney.

My question, after the extradition to Florida occurs, would he be able to continue defending LM or are attorneys licenced only by their state?

What I'm wondering, is it in Saraceno's best interest to drag on the extradition process because after that he'd lose his job?

".......Erie County District Attorney John Flynn suggested the defense is merely prolonging the inevitable by delaying the extradition hearing. If they continue to delay, he explained, Governor Cuomo will forward the appropriate paperwork to Florida's governor for a signature.

"They can either waive the hearing and consent to go back to Florida or they can fight it," Flynn said. "If that happens, the governor's office will prepare the paperwork, send it to the governor of Florida, and the governor of Florida will sign a warrant and get the young man."

The murder case itself was not discussed in the courtroom. Following Wednesday morning's proceedings, Saraceno was asked how the delay in Mott's extradition hearing may affect his case.

"I don't think it does anything to his case. It doesn't prove anything," Saraceno said. "There's no motive. There's no confession. There could be dozens of alternative theories on what happened.".........

http://news.wbfo.org/post/extradition-hearing-florida-teen-accused-grandmothers-murder-moved-friday

Saraceno is a Buffalo, NY attorney.

My question, after the extradition to Florida occurs, would he be able to continue defending LM or are attorneys licenced only by their state?

What I'm wondering, is it in Saraceno's best interest to drag on the extradition process because after that he'd lose his job?
He can get a license on Fla and defend him

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I believe I read KF had 3 years service at her place of employment. Hard to fathom she hadn’t expressed concern over her sons strict parenting. Guns, knives, survival training, he’s one scary Dad. IMO

Exactly how I feel. Guns, knives and survival training are not things that children should learn, Imo.

IMO LM was likely mentally unwell if he kept those bloody weapons in the car for 2 days while driving around.... he could have ditched them anywhere and any logically-thinking killer would have done so. They may never have been found and therefore decreased the possibility of a conviction.

Unfortunately, I can see this guy saying it to his son. Twelve/thirteen years is a long time to Goldberg hate for an Ex. Curious, how he treats the girlfriend?

Whether or not he'd say it, I guess I'm just thinking it's disrespectful to the victim, the grandmother, if the suggestion is that she was involved in trying to play "mom" merely by her added presence in her grandson's life. A 15 year old certainly should be capable of understanding the role of a grandmother is different than a mother.

On @ActionNewsJax at 6: #LoganMott captured with two guns belonging to the #Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office. @DaleCarsonLaw weighs-in on if Mott’s dad could be charged. Prosecutors say Mott stabbed & shot his grandmother, #KristinaFrench, to death. https://t.co/cFqu5YbT6m

[video=twitter;936367736246231046]https://twitter.com/RussellANjax/status/936367736246231046[/video]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Am I reading this right? The father had guns (in his home gun safe?) that were actually property of the Sheriff's department? Is that a common practice, or would those guns be considered "stolen?" If LM knew they were "hot" maybe using them was another way to "out" his father as a not-so-great guy?

Exactly how I feel. Guns, knives and survival training are not things that children should learn, Imo.

I agree. But oddly his lawyer does not.

"....Gallardo said the incident caused her to have nightmares, and she was not surprised when she heard that his grandmother's body was found and he was charged with murder.

Asked for a reaction to the nanny's information, Logan Mott's attorney said it was not surprising.

"I cannot confirm if it’s accurate, but he was an avid outdoorsman, so I would not be surprised, nor do I see anything wrong with it," Saraceno said."
https://www.news4jax.com/news/family-troubles-complicate-logan-mott-s-murder-defense

Am I reading this right? The father had guns (in his home gun safe?) that were actually property of the Sheriff's department? Is that a common practice, or would those guns be considered "stolen?" If LM knew they were "hot" maybe using them was another way to "out" his father as a not-so-great guy?

If that was so, that surely wasn't justification to allegedly murder his grandmother as opposed to just making a phonecall to anyone including his mother, considering his father was away for the entire week.

"....Gallardo said the incident caused her to have nightmares, and she was not surprised when she heard that his grandmother's body was found and he was charged with murder.

Asked for a reaction to the nanny's information, Logan Mott's attorney said it was not surprising.

"I cannot confirm if it’s accurate, but he was an avid outdoorsman, so I would not be surprised, nor do I see anything wrong with it," Saraceno said."
https://www.news4jax.com/news/family-troubles-complicate-logan-mott-s-murder-defense

Except he isn't a man, he is a boy. BBM.

https://www.news4jax.com/news/family-troubles-complicate-logan-mott-s-murder-defense[/QUOTE

He can’t confirm her statement is accurate and we don’t know what has been discussed with LM or LM’s parents. IMO, the attorney is downplaying her story to direct the questions elsewhere.

IMO LM was likely mentally unwell if he kept those bloody weapons in the car for 2 days while driving around.... he could have ditched them anywhere and any logically-thinking killer would have done so. They may never have been found and therefore decreased the possibility of a conviction.

It doesn't make sense to me either. I'm surprised LM's being held in a Youth Detention Center as opposed to being admitted to a psychiatric hospital for observation, at the very least.

There is a detachment, coldness and sophistication to this whole thing that is very disturbing to me, and speaks to a seriously either ill or evil young man. First of all he was only 15, and he had the presence of mind to dig a shallow grave, wrap his grandmother in plastic and tape and bury her. Then this not even legal to drive 15-year-old boy steals a car and drives hundreds of miles from Florida to almost Canada, and even though they say his getting near the border was a mistake, that may have been his plan all along, again pretty sophisticated for a 15 year old who has never killed before.

I mean, obviously it wasn’t the perfect crime because he got caught, but either he was in some robotic trance or he really doesn’t have any remorse in order to have executed the coverup and his escape.

If, and that’s a big if, the nanny’s account is true, that starts to explain a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMO if you have department issued firearms, you put them in a safe when you are not in immediate possession of them. Dad was out of town, a safe is a normal and logical place for firearms to be. Our kids do not have combos or keys to our safes, regardless of what is inside of them.

MOO

There is a detachment, coldness and sophistication to this whole thing that is very disturbing to me, and speaks to a seriously either ill or evil young man. First of all he was only 15, and he had the presence of mind to dig a shallow grave, wrap his grandmother in plastic and tape and bury her. Then this not even legal to drive 15-year-old boy steals a car and drives hundreds of miles from Florida to almost Canada, and even though they say his getting near the border was a mistake, that may have been his plan all along, again pretty sophisticated for a 15 year old who has never killed before.

I mean, obviously it wasn’t the perfect crime because he got caught, but either he was in some robotic trance or he really doesn’t have any remorse in order to have executed the coverup and his escape.

If, and that’s a big if, the nanny’s account is true, that starts to explain a lot.

Excellent points!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members