Found Deceased FL - Kristina French, 53, Neptune Beach, 21 Nov 2017 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LEO are issued guns and I believe they stay in possession of them. I could be wrong.

Am I reading this right? The father had guns (in his home gun safe?) that were actually property of the Sheriff's department? Is that a common practice, or would those guns be considered "stolen?" If LM knew they were "hot" maybe using them was another way to "out" his father as a not-so-great guy?

From the outside looking in, it appears me to me that due to the father's job, favoritism played a factor in the custodial decisions made by the judge.

A man who works as a corrections officer is going to be looked upon with a higher factor and also as one of them (state employee).

As a corrections officer, it stands to reason that complaints would be filed against Eric Mott due to the people he is dealing with -inmates. Apparently the complaints didn't amount to much since Eric still has his job.

ETA: My iPad posted before I was finished.

The example of LM being taken from mother's custody due to the hospitalization over diabetes and illness sounds pretty petty.

It is very difficult to get older children to be strict with their medicine and diets. An illness can effect a diabetic much differently than one without diabetes.

Age 15 is often a typical age that many young people chose to experiment even though their home situation may be entirely healthy and satisfactory. JMO

SBM. Coincidentally, Kristina was 15 when she had LM's dad. Not that that means anything. I just found it an interesting observation.

From the outside looking in, it appears me to me that due to the father's job, favoritism played a factor in the custodial decisions made by the judge.

A man who works as a corrections officer is going to be looked upon with a higher factor and also as one of them (state employee).

As a corrections officer, it stands to reason that complaints would be filed against Eric Mott due to the people he is dealing with -inmates. Apparently the complaints didn't amount to much since Eric still has his job.

ETA: My iPad posted before I was finished.

The example of LM being taken from mother's custody due to the hospitalization over diabetes and illness sounds pretty petty.

It is very difficult to get older children to be strict with their medicine and diets. An illness can effect a diabetic much differently than one without diabetes.

I'm on the outside looking in as well. But hospitalization over diabetes and illness is not always petty. Some people believe in holistic or herbal remedies as opposed to traditional treatments and it doesn't always work. We're given scant information with no details so it's impossible to really know the whole story of what occured.

But I certainly agree, it surely must be challenging and worrisome for family members of a teen faced with diabetes if the child isn't always fully onside. I wonder if that's also one of the reasons the grandmother recently moved closer.

I think this was posted earlier. It was written by LM's mom before he was arrested. Her admiration of KF sounds 100% sincere to me, makes her vicious murder even more difficult to understand...

".....In an earlier Facebook message, she wrote in part, “As a mother the worst situation imaginable is your child going missing. When I got pregnant with Logan we had previously miscarried. It was absolutely devastating losing our first child. It was the only time I saw my husband cry. Kristina came to the hospital and helped me go thru the D and C. She held my hand the whole time. Kristina is one of the best people I have ever known. Kristina loves Logan dearly and Logan loves her just as much. Kristina has a heart of gold and would help anyone. Kristina sees the good in people, the potential in people and she never judges. The best mother and grandmother and overall person anyone could meet. Kristina has the greatest smile and she’s so full of life. We know Kristina would fiercely protect Logan..."
http://heavy.com/news/2017/11/logan-mott-kristina-french-jacksonville-florida-father/

But this from the same link, I hadn't noticed before - BBM
".....There is a warrant out to find him for taking Kristina’s car. He is listed as a person of interest in her death. He is believed to have taken the firearms from the house and was last seen driving Kristina’s car in Pennsylvania yesterday around 1..."

I wonder how it was believed that LM took the firearms before he was located? Just a totally wild guess but it's not unusual for the homes of correctional officials to be monitored by CCTV because of employment risks. Maybe more is known by LE than has yet been released?

Many details we are not privy and I'm guessing will be bombshells.

https://www.news4jax.com/news/local...an-mott-fight-extradition-grandmothers-murder

Agreed.
With the parent's endless conflict, is it possible for this kid to have someone assigned to him, a neutral party, to protect Logan's best interests and make the choice of who gets to be the lawyer?
I can understand the conflict of interest with the dad, for sure. But is there a way that dad picking an attorney would be not in Logan's best interests? Unless he tells that lawyer, "Don't try very hard to defend him." what influence would dad have that could hurt?

Agree, the young man needs someone to assist him navigate the road ahead of him. IMO, The attorney must have presented very valid argument regarding the conflict of interest for the judge to sign order for no questions unless attorney is present. As LM ‘adamantly’ maintains he had no involvement in the alleged charges pending against him. From a previous report, the third gun belongs to Dad’s girlfriend. Is she also in LE? More to the storyline regarding Dad, MOO.

Mott's father needs to be charged. You take the chance of having guns in the house with children, YOU must pay the consequences when they maim and or kill with them. No excuses.

Mott's father needs to be charged. You take the chance of having guns in the house with children, YOU must pay the consequences when they maim and or kill with them. No excuses.

Except that's not the law, as far as I know. I also don't believe he was negligent; he had them locked in a safe, I don't know how the safe was breached except for in his 911 call I think he said his keypad was ripped off.
He also took precautions by having his mom stay there to monitor the child, so it's not like he even left the child there without adult supervision.
In my opinion, and in my opinion only, I believe he took reasonable precautions to safeguard his weapons.

Except that's not the law, as far as I know. I also don't believe he was negligent; he had them locked in a safe, I don't know how the safe was breached except for in his 911 call I think he said his keypad was ripped off.
He also took precautions by having his mom stay there to monitor the child, so it's not like he even left the child there without adult supervision.
In my opinion, and in my opinion only, I believe he took reasonable precautions to safeguard his weapons.

One of the newscasters mentioned Dad could face charges regarding the stolen guns. I’m trying to locate the link.

One of the newscasters mentioned Dad could face charges regarding the stolen guns. I’m trying to locate the link.

You might be referring to this. If so, nowhere does it use the word "stolen". And without following up on the actual interview in order to understand what charges he was even referring to, the newscasters comment is purely speculative.

On @ActionNewsJax at 6: #LoganMott captured with two guns belonging to the #Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office. @DaleCarsonLaw weighs-in on if Mott’s dad could be charged. Prosecutors say Mott stabbed & shot his grandmother, #KristinaFrench, to death. https://t.co/cFqu5YbT6m

[video=twitter;936367736246231046]https://twitter.com/RussellANjax/status/936367736246231046[/video]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Agreed.
With the parent's endless conflict, is it possible for this kid to have someone assigned to him, a neutral party, to protect Logan's best interests and make the choice of who gets to be the lawyer?
I can understand the conflict of interest with the dad, for sure. But is there a way that dad picking an attorney would be not in Logan's best interests? Unless he tells that lawyer, "Don't try very hard to defend him." what influence would dad have that could hurt?

In the many cases I've followed where one family member harms another, I have *never* seen the remaining family accused of having a conflict of interest.

There are a gazillion cases on websleuths where there was family violence... does anyone remember even one case where a survivor was said to have a conflict of interest?

IMO, this is just mom trying to push dad out of the picture. A continuation of the last 11 years.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Surely the one who picks the lawyer would be the one who has the money to pay for it?

In the many cases I've followed where one family member harms another, I have *never* seen the remaining family accused of having a conflict of interest.

There are a gazillion cases on websleuths where there was family violence... does anyone remember even one case where a survivor was said to have a conflict of interest?

IMO, this is just mom trying to push dad out of the picture. A continuation of the last 11 years.

My thinking is that not only is it his mom who was killed, but also due to his job.

Here's the article. Sounds to me like the tweet is just a normal "teaser" to a report where a self proclaimed expert who has no facts renders a meaningless opinion and says nothing of value.

http://www.fox30jax.com/news/local/...ves-under-his-bed-former-nanny-says/656505402

Action News Jax law and safety expert Dale Carson said he’s required to keep the guns secure.

“We know there’s a safe,” Carson said.*“We know that the guns are missing. We don’t know that it was locked. If it wasn’t locked then it’s not really safe, right? So all of those are factors that have to be looked at.”

Carson said Mott’s father could be charged.

Surely the one who picks the lawyer would be the one who has the money to pay for it?
I think they will fight about it regardless of where the money comes from. IMO the parents are going to be a huge side show.

My thinking is that not only is it his mom who was killed, but also due to his job.

Not unless he was directly working on the case.

He's a corrections officer, not a policeman, not a crime scene technician, not DA.

He is a corrections officer. Why would that be a conflict of interest? They don't have any sway over the law.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kezzx