Found Deceased FL - Kristina French, 53, Neptune Beach, 21 Nov 2017 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He is a corrections officer. Why would that be a conflict of interest? They don't have any sway over the law.
Only because he works for JSO where LMs charges are at.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Except that's not the law, as far as I know. I also don't believe he was negligent; he had them locked in a safe, I don't know how the safe was breached except for in his 911 call I think he said his keypad was ripped off.
He also took precautions by having his mom stay there to monitor the child, so it's not like he even left the child there without adult supervision.
In my opinion, and in my opinion only, I believe he took reasonable precautions to safeguard his weapons.

Oh, I know it's not the law, but it should be. And, I don't think he took reasonable precautions to safeguard his weapons. The fact that his son got them puts the lie to that. If you can't 100% guarantee that your weapons cannot/will not be obtained by your children, then you have no business having weapons in your home. And there's only one way I know of to make that guarantee. So, if you choose to have the weapon, you have to face the consequence, no matter how the weapon winds up being obtained by your child.

Oh, I know it's not the law, but it should be. And, I don't think he took reasonable precautions to safeguard his weapons. The fact that his son got them puts the lie to that. If you can't 100% guarantee that your weapons cannot/will not be obtained by your children, then you have no business having weapons in your home. And there's only one way I know of to make that guarantee. So, if you choose to have the weapon, you have to face the consequence, no matter how the weapon winds up being obtained by your child.
Well, what about those knives?

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Well, what about those knives?

Indeed, imo it's the multiple stab wounds that are puzzling. Had it been one single but fatal gunshot, it could've been possible that KF's death was purely accidental. LM broke into the gunsafe out of curiosity and KF startled him or even that he had suicidal thoughts and she was accidentally shot as she wrestled the gun away from him. Instead of calling 911, because he was a frightened juvenile, he tried to hide the accident and then ran. But no, that scenario is highly unlikely as it's impossible to justify multiple "accidental" stabbings regardless of what was the actual cause of death.

Indeed, imo it's the multiple stab wounds that are puzzling. Had it been one single but fatal gunshot, it could've been possible that KF's death was purely accidental. LM broke into the gunsafe out of curiosity and KF startled him or even that he had suicidal thoughts and she was accidentally shot as she wrestled the gun away from him. Instead of calling 911, because he was a frightened juvenile, he tried to hide the accident and then ran. But no, that scenario is highly unlikely as it's impossible to justify multiple "accidental" stabbings regardless of what was the actual cause of death.

Stabbing is such an up close and personal thing. I think that this boy had a lot of hate inside him.

Unless he was sleepwalking. [emoji52]

Should parents be arrested and held responsible, and arrested, if a teen steals their car and gets in an accident, harming someone?

Should parents be charged and arrested if a teen gets into their alcohol stash and gets sick from drinking or drives drunk?

Should parents be charged and arrested if a teen takes a knife from the kitchen and does an armed robbery?

I totally agree that parents should be charged criminally if they leave weapons laying around, accessible to minors. Like the grandma who had the loaded gun in her purse, which her toddler grabbed and shot herself with. :cry:

But if a parent locks them in a safe, and does not leave the key or the code accessible, then I believe they took appropriate care to safeguard them.

Stabbing is such an up close and personal thing. I think that this boy had a lot of hate inside him.

Yes, especially when a stabbing involves a friend or relative.

In another type of scenario involving a knife or gun, for example an assault and/or robbery, the victim may have the opportunity to overpower the attacker, grab the weapon and kill in the act of self-defence. But in a family violence situation, an example of a grandmother attacked by a grandson, I just think the grandma might not even fight back to defend herself if it risked harming the child. Situations like that aren't supposed to ever happen.

I can buy sleepwalking to its literal definition - walking in one's sleep. But breaking into a gunsafe and then shooting and stabbing a relative without being jolted awake at any point, that's take a very long leap of imagination imo.

The other issue is, if that sort of defense resulted in an acquittal, what's to protect other innocent people from the sleepwalker's murderous acts in the future?

ETA if I had to take a wild guess, I'd blame it on meth. The homework text, was that code talk? It does horrible things to the minds of good people.

I can buy sleepwalking to its literal definition - walking in one's sleep. But breaking into a gunsafe and then shooting and stabbing a relative without being jolted awake at any point, that's take a very long leap of imagination imo.

The other issue is, if that sort of defense resulted in an acquittal, what's to protect other innocent people from the sleepwalker's murderous acts in the future?

ETA if I had to take a wild guess, I'd blame it on meth. The homework text, was that code talk? It does horrible things to the minds of good people.

Did someone link the text about homework? I must have missed that. Was it psychobabble?

Ah yes, the man who raped (almost raped?) his daughter. What a messed up case.

Did someone link the text about homework? I must have missed that. Was it psychobabble?

My source is that it was mentioned here early on, page 2 of this thread. As I can't find a media source, I think it'll have to be considered a rumour.

The mother stated it on her Facebook as the last communication from him.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Yikes, young males who murdered older female family members in Jacksonville, one last year and another the year before.

"Other notable deaths involving young family members

• October 2016: Dylan Broughman, 18, is arrested in the beating death of 69-year-old grandmother Joyce Ann Courso at their Ashridge Drive home in Jacksonville. He was angry because she hid his beer.

• August 2015: Mitchell Daughtry, 14, is arrested in the stabbing death of 52-year-old mother Pamela Daughtry at their Monument Ridge Drive home in Jacksonville. He had been acting out and angry. The suicidal teen and their SUV were located several hours later in Miami.

• October 2004: Christopher Henricks, 15, is arrested in the beating death of 67-year-old grandmother Patricia Barnes at her Dickson Road home in Jacksonville. He was caught with her car and a 14-year-old girl in Louisiana. He had been in trouble with his family for marijuana and skipping school....."
http://jacksonville.com/news/public...n-detained-us-canada-border-body-found-buried

My source is that it was mentioned here early on, page 2 of this thread. As I can't find a media source, I think it'll have to be considered a rumour.

It was my who originally made the post here. It was a comment on a Jax news FB page that the mother of Logan's classmate made. I will try and find the original. I understood that we can talk about that since it was on a news FB comment thread?

It was my who originally made the post here. It was a comment on a Jax news FB page that the mother of Logan's classmate made. I will try and find the original. I understood that we can talk about that since it was on a news FB comment thread?

I'm quite sure FB news is an acceptable source. That neither he nor KF were where they'd usually be on Monday or Tuesday yet somebody was sending text messages as if everything was normal, meanwhile the body was being prepared and buried.... All that is a extraordinary diabolical coverup as opposed to a moment of rage and then someone who flees out of fear. So after the fact, that homework was any priority whatsoever just does not make sense to me.

If the child wasn't known to have episodes of severe psychosis, then my theory is he'd began experimenting with drugs and meth is well known to sometimes cause severely irrational, paranoid and violent behaviour. I don't think diabetes is reason enough although it may compound the reaction. I really have no idea how young people manage to obtain illegal drugs but in the world of contacts through text messages, I'm just imaging that code words are a possibility.

The proliferance of street drugs in today's world, on the streets and in schools, particularly elevates the risk of kids with problems trying them out. It's just a horrible thing with no easy solution.

"....According to News 10, Logan’s mother said he’d been having problems in school. “He has had some problems over the last couple of years. It has just been a tough time for him transitioning from one school now to high school, and he is in the early college program and that’s really intense,” said told the television station..."
http://heavy.com/news/2017/11/logan-mott-kristina-french-jacksonville-florida-father/

Public Pages
Mainstream Media (MSM)
Law Enforcement (LE)
Group support pages for victims, such as "Help Find..." and "Justice for...”
Legitimate non-profit organizations who provide assistance and support to victims and their families (e.g., Klass Kids, Texas Equusearch).

Links may be used to direct members to a post by the owner or an admin of an approved social media page/profile.
Posts by an owner or admin may be copied or quoted. This refers primarly to posts or tweets by MSM reporters, and announcements by law enforcement, the immediate family, or the admin of a group support page.
Paraphrasing is okay.
***NOTE: Comments and posts by readers/visitors of these pages are not allowed to be quoted, copied or referenced. Just don’t mention them.
Regarding group support pages, i.e., "Help Find..." and "Justice for...”: If at any time the WS staff determines a group support page to be inappropriate, a notice will be posted in the thread stating that the page is no longer approved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member