Found Deceased FL - Kristina French, 53, Neptune Beach, 21 Nov 2017 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay well, if it was a comment added to a MSM news site on FB, then the homework text isn't a fact of the case.

Other than the text from KF's phone confirming the pickup of dad and gf from the airport, we just don't know a lot of what occured or when. Just guessing though, somehow someone must've contacted the school and KF's workplace in advance of neither showing up otherwise surely someone would've pursued the absence, I'd hope?

Public Pages
Mainstream Media (MSM)
Law Enforcement (LE)
Group support pages for victims, such as "Help Find..." and "Justice for...”
Legitimate non-profit organizations who provide assistance and support to victims and their families (e.g., Klass Kids, Texas Equusearch).

Links may be used to direct members to a post by the owner or an admin of an approved social media page/profile.
Posts by an owner or admin may be copied or quoted. This refers primarly to posts or tweets by MSM reporters, and announcements by law enforcement, the immediate family, or the admin of a group support page.
Paraphrasing is okay.
***NOTE: Comments and posts by readers/visitors of these pages are not allowed to be quoted, copied or referenced. Just don’t mention them.
Regarding group support pages, i.e., "Help Find..." and "Justice for...”: If at any time the WS staff determines a group support page to be inappropriate, a notice will be posted in the thread stating that the page is no longer approved.

Thank you, and apologies. I will edit my original post to reflect this.

Well, what about those knives?

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

What about them? Knives are not designed specifically and only to kill. Knives have many common household uses and one can argue that they are indispensable for daily living. Not so with guns. Guns are nothing like knives and there is no need for anyone to have a gun in their home. His dad had a deadly weapon in the home, the kid got ahold of it and used it for it's intended purpose. Daddy needs to go bye bye too.

What about them? Knives are not designed specifically and only to kill. Knives have many common household uses and one can argue that they are indispensable for daily living. Not so with guns. Guns are nothing like knives and there is no need for anyone to have a gun in their home. His dad had a deadly weapon in the home, the kid got ahold of it and used it for it's intended purpose. Daddy needs to go bye bye too.

This is your opinion? But I'm not seeing that it's supported by Florida gun storage laws if in fact the guns were stored in a gun safe that was broken into.

BBM

A person who stores or leaves, on a premise under his or her control, a loaded firearm, as defined in s. 790.001, and who knows or reasonably should know that a minor is likely to gain access to the firearm without the lawful permission of the minor’s parent or the person having charge of the minor, or without the supervision required by law, shall keep the firearm in a securely locked box or container or in a location which a reasonable person would believe to be secure or shall secure it with a trigger lock ......
http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes...ute&URL=0700-0799/0790/Sections/0790.174.html

"Police said Friday that the gun safe appeared to have been damaged....."
https://www.news4jax.com/news/murder-warrant-issued-for-neptune-beach-teen-in-grandmother-s-death

While I don't agree with the liberty of gun laws, what law did the father break that you believe would entitle the state to make him "go bye bye"?

What about butcher knives and hunters knives? No need for them in the house either.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

That is ridiculous. Those guns were his 'work tools' and were authorized as such. They were locked away in a safe.

That is your opinion only, that guns are 'never needed in a home'. Tell that to people who have protected themselves from home invasions.

That kid used a knife as well. So the gun was unnecessary in order to commit the deadly crime.

That is ridiculous. Those guns were his 'work tools' and were authorized as such. They were locked away in a safe.

That is your opinion only, that guns are 'never needed in a home'. Tell that to people who have protected themselves from home invasions.

That kid used a knife as well. So the gun was unnecessary in order to commit the deadly crime.

The old adage,"Guns don't kill people, people with guns kill people."

Getting rid of legal guns won't stop illegal killing.
Finding out the WHY is the only way to figure out what happened.

Weird/different/strange/odd family dynamics could be the key.

What was SO awful in this kid's life caused this behavior?

By learning the WHY, there could be a possibility that society might have a way to prevent others from going through this situation (again).

JMO, there's a family dynamic involved. It might not be something readily seen. However, there could be a pattern we, as a society, can learn to look out for...

Personal experience: I have 2 stepsons that my husband and I gained custody of when they were 6 & 8. The older son was constantly in trouble at school. He was quite a handful from early on. Fast-forward to college. We expected no less than C grades. Every semester was a let down. Last year, he promised us his grades were mostly A's and maybe a B, but for some reason "ahem", there was a glitch in the system that showed he actually had nothing better than ONE "C".
We called him out, and he decided that we were "causing him too much stress" and his mother (who had moved to another time zone) told me that he "had demons" and she had moved back to help him.
He has since shaved his head, which we found out from our other son. And I'm a little freaked.
I guess that's why I'm so vocal against what I think is enabling on the part of the mom in this case. It's probably too personal for me, which is why I spoke out about the mom using the same last name. I have screen-shots where my DH's ex posts about it being "x-years, and I still want and miss him" and I just KNOW she's feeding this now 20yo.

Sorry to post so long, Katydid23.

https://www.news4jax.com/news/local...ll-face-grandmothers-murder-charge-in-florida
Logan Mott expected in Jacksonville to face murder charge
15-year-old accused of killing his grandmother, taking off in her car
Posted: 7:00 AM, December 04, 2017

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - Logan Mott, the 15-year-old Neptune Beach boy charged with murder in his grandmother's violent death, will be returned to Jacksonville Monday morning to a murder charge in the death of Kristina French.

He was housed at a juvenile facility in New York after he was stopped the day after Thanksgiving driving French's car on the bridge between Buffalo and Canada.

"Logan is frightened. He doesn't know what the future holds for him, but again, he's adamant that he had no involvement in his grandmother's death,” Mott's attorney, Dominic Saraceno, said.
[...]

This is MY OPINION too. Sorry you are getting heat here for sharing your opinion.

So very sad that this happened... so sad for all those who knew and loved Kristina.

Let us all keep in mind LM “allegedly” committed the crime and is “innocent” until proven guilty. What we do have is a 15year old with no reported previous history of violence, anger, behavioral orchemical dependency issues. We do have a Mom and Dad who’ve spent the past 13years of this young man’s life battling in court over custody, visitation,education, child support and suspected or actual acts of child abuse. Mom was very active in pleas to locate her son, showed relief when he was apprehended (without incident), hired an attorney and has been in NY to support her son. Dad on the other hand has remained relatively silent, save the conversation LM attorney where he stated he wanted to be involved in LM defense. Dad, was not in NY nor has he spoken with his son and recently expressed interest to LM attorney in hiring an attorney in FL. We do not know how contentious the relationship is between Mom and Dad, nor how KF may or may not have been involved in trying to maintain some peace in LM’s life. LM attorney stated LM “adamantly”denies any involvement and has “no motive” regarding the crime. MOO, I’m inclined to agree. There are gaps in the timeline and the known facts just don’tadd up. There is much more to come and we may not ever get the answers as to “why”. In the meantime, we all have our theories and opinions. Please be respectful and agree to disagree.

Let us all keep in mind LM “allegedly” committed the crime and is “innocent” until proven guilty. What we do have is a 15year old with no reported previous history of violence, anger, behavioral orchemical dependency issues. We do have a Mom and Dad who’ve spent the past 13years of this young man’s life battling in court over custody, visitation,education, child support and suspected or actual acts of child abuse. Mom was very active in pleas to locate her son, showed relief when he was apprehended (without incident), hired an attorney and has been in NY to support her son. Dad on the other hand has remained relatively silent, save the conversation LM attorney where he stated he wanted to be involved in LM defense. Dad, was not in NY nor has he spoken with his son and recently expressed interest to LM attorney in hiring an attorney in FL. We do not know how contentious the relationship is between Mom and Dad, nor how KF may or may not have been involved in trying to maintain some peace in LM’s life. LM attorney stated LM “adamantly”denies any involvement and has “no motive” regarding the crime. MOO, I’m inclined to agree. There are gaps in the timeline and the known facts just don’tadd up. There is much more to come and we may not ever get the answers as to “why”. In the meantime, we all have our theories and opinions. Please be respectful and agree to disagree.

I'm with you. Waiting for more facts...

I think the few facts that we do have, sadly, speak for themselves.

Both Logan and his grandmother were absent from school/work on Monday and Tuesday, without prior explanation. During that time period, KF was shot and stabbed, wrapped in plastic, taped up, and buried in a shallow grave in her son's backyard.

Someone used her cell to text her son and assure him she was picking him up the next day at the airport. And POSSIBLY, someone texted one of Logan's classmates about upcoming homework assignments.

Both homes were ransacked and KF's car was stolen by Logan, and he took the bloody knife and stolen guns, a few weeks worth of insulin, but left behind his cell phone--probably so he couldn't be tracked.

I don't think we know if he did or didn't have any prior legal issues, as he is a minor and they would be sealed. And we don't know if he had anger problems because no one has come forward to say yes or no.

But with the few facts that we do have, it is really hard to accept the claim that he had no involvement in the tragedy. How did he end up driving to the Canadian border with the stolen car and the murder weapons? It is really hard to overlook those circumstances and explain it away.

He would have had to be framed and set up by a master con man, and I suppose it is a possibility. But I don't see it as a probability.

Responding to "there is no need for anyone to have a gun in their home" - where I live most homes have guns, as does mine. It could take up to an hour for LE to arrive in this area, and I will protect my family if needed!
Also, a majority of the families here hunt. For food. Plenty people here financially depend on hunting to feed their children.
Just pointing out this statement is not inclusive of different cultures and locations in this country.
Children are taught gun and knife safety from early ages up here too. And they aren't shooting people. And most have their own guns.

. Dad on the other hand has remained relatively silent, save the conversation LM attorney where he stated he wanted to be involved in LM defense. Dad, was not in NY nor has he spoken with his son and recently expressed interest to LM attorney in hiring an attorney in FL.

Would you speak to your son if you thought he had just killed your mother for no apparent reason?

I feel for the man. He just lost his son and his mother. IMO

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

Responding to "there is no need for anyone to have a gun in their home" - where I live most homes have guns, as does mine. It could take up to an hour for LE to arrive in this area, and I will protect my family if needed!
Also, a majority of the families here hunt. For food. Plenty people here financially depend on hunting to feed their children.
Just pointing out this statement is not inclusive of different cultures and locations in this country.
Children are taught gun and knife safety from early ages up here too. And they aren't shooting people. And most have their own guns.

Thank you for your post. I truly hope this doesn't turn into a gun debate in general, because honestly all posters will never be in total agreement.
Me, my entire family, my area in general, grew up around guns. We have 'hunter safety' courses here for kids. Hunting is a huge thing around here to the extent that our schools have the first day of deer season off as a holiday, lol.

Same with knives. I had to gasp when I heard about the box of knives. My son at that age had several knives of his own, which he still has as an adult. However...he has never shown any signs of mental illness, problems with other people, troubles at school, etc. We don't know if LM did or not. I'm hoping we find out much more as to what was typical of him in regards to behavior.

Did this kid just finally snap from being a pawn between his parents for almost the entirety of his life?
Since he firmly denies killing KM, I'd like to hear his story about what happened that day/those days as I find that truly hard to believe.
It's the "Why" that is bugging me.

I must interject that guns are usually not allowed in jails period. when a police officer brings arrestees to the intake sally port, they must put their gun in a locker outside. that being said, I would venture to guess most CO's own firearms at their home. and I know that apparently some of these guns were sheriff's issue.

guns are In the towers at state prisons though.

similar.... its been 8 years since my husband left his ex wife and 7 years since we have been together and we have a 4 year old. her rich gma recently offered him 2 mil to walk away from my son and I and get back w her "because 3 of the kids are yours and no one else will want her w 5 kids." o_O

The old adage,"Guns don't kill people, people with guns kill people."

Getting rid of legal guns won't stop illegal killing.
Finding out the WHY is the only way to figure out what happened.

Weird/different/strange/odd family dynamics could be the key.

What was SO awful in this kid's life caused this behavior?

By learning the WHY, there could be a possibility that society might have a way to prevent others from going through this situation (again).

JMO, there's a family dynamic involved. It might not be something readily seen. However, there could be a pattern we, as a society, can learn to look out for...

Personal experience: I have 2 stepsons that my husband and I gained custody of when they were 6 & 8. The older son was constantly in trouble at school. He was quite a handful from early on. Fast-forward to college. We expected no less than C grades. Every semester was a let down. Last year, he promised us his grades were mostly A's and maybe a B, but for some reason "ahem", there was a glitch in the system that showed he actually had nothing better than ONE "C".
We called him out, and he decided that we were "causing him too much stress" and his mother (who had moved to another time zone) told me that he "had demons" and she had moved back to help him.
He has since shaved his head, which we found out from our other son. And I'm a little freaked.
I guess that's why I'm so vocal against what I think is enabling on the part of the mom in this case. It's probably too personal for me, which is why I spoke out about the mom using the same last name. I have screen-shots where my DH's ex posts about it being "x-years, and I still want and miss him" and I just KNOW she's feeding this now 20yo.

Sorry to post so long, Katydid23.

#LoganMott arrived with #JSO at the Jacksonville airport at 5:04 p.m. The flight landed at the scheduled time, it was not late. He has been transported to the police station to be interviewed and arrived at 5:39 p.m. We will advise once he is booked in jail.https://twitter.com/JSOPIO/status/938178758799953922

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

https://www.news4jax.com/news/logan-mott-returned-to-jacksonville-to-face-murder-charge

Logan Mott back in Jacksonville to face murder charge, police say
15-year-old accused of killing his grandmother, taking off in her car

Updated: 6:20 PM, December 05, 2017

The teen had not been booked into the jail as of 6 p.m.
[...]
According to the sources, there was an informal agreement between Mott's Buffalo attorney and the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office that Mott would be taken to a juvenile detention facility outside of Duval County because of concern over conflict of interest, as his father is a lieutenant at the Duval County jail.

The closest Department of Juvenile Justice Facility outside of Jacksonville is in Volusia County.

Mott will be arraigned on the murder charge Wednesday, sources said.
[...]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member