FL FL - Lauren Brittney Dumolo, 29, Cape Coral, 19 Jun 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I completely agree with all of this. IMHO they didn't fully pursue the leads they were given
I find it really hard not to be frustrated with law enforcement in this case, it feels like they did a shoulder shrug and that was the end of their effort on the initial investigation. I hope that's just a result of public perception and that there has been more work done that we don't know about.

I find it really hard not to be frustrated with law enforcement in this case, it feels like they did a shoulder shrug and that was the end of their effort on the initial investigation. I hope that's just a result of public perception and that there has been more work done that we don't know about.
Next month will be two years. I would like to know what is holding them back from investigating this as a homicide.

This case has had a lot of media attention and LE is doing what they can with what they got. Her purse was found sitting neat next to a tree by a huge pond/man made lake its said that's where she liked to go to clear her head and hang out mental health issues. possible she was having a psycotic episode and went into that water lots of gators in florida its a possibility

This case has had a lot of media attention and LE is doing what they can with what they got. Her purse was found sitting neat next to a tree by a huge pond/man made lake its said that's where she liked to go to clear her head and hang out mental health issues. possible she was having a psycotic episode and went into that water lots of gators in florida its a possibility

Did she have a history of psychotic illness?

The only history was two episodes that resulted in her being hospitalized. Those episodes both occurred in the month or so before Lauren disappeared. Her family said she had no other history of psychosis.

It does make me wonder. It's possible she has a psychotic illness, like schizophrenia. But schizophrenia is a relatively rare illness. Drugs can also cause psychosis, including marijuana. The other possibility, though, that we shouldn't dismiss is that she wasn't psychotic at all and her strange behavior and paranoia was legitimate fear. Any (or all) combination of those three is also possible. Very sad cases of people with underlying mental illness being gaslighted or made to look "crazy" to others and in some cases, the victims are hospitalized because their perception of their lack of safety is thought to be psychosis.

Hope we find her and get some answers.

Admin note:
Websleuths is fact-based, and requires that prior approval be given before any podcast may be linked and discussed on this site. There are countless podcasts and YouTube channels that feature the crimes and missing person cases that are presented here on Websleuths. We have no way of knowing if any specific podcaster or YT host follows the same standards that Websleuths upholds, thus very few are allowed to be brought here. Websleuths does not allow self-promotion of such podcasts without permission from our owner and senior administrator. Posts that have done so have been removed.

Thank you for your efforts to post within the Terms of Service that we ALL agreed to when we joined as members.

CocoChanel
Adminitrator/Moderator

It does make me wonder. It's possible she has a psychotic illness, like schizophrenia. But schizophrenia is a relatively rare illness. Drugs can also cause psychosis, including marijuana. The other possibility, though, that we shouldn't dismiss is that she wasn't psychotic at all and her strange behavior and paranoia was legitimate fear. Any (or all) combination of those three is also possible. Very sad cases of people with underlying mental illness being gaslighted or made to look "crazy" to others and in some cases, the victims are hospitalized because their perception of their lack of safety is thought to be psychosis.

Hope we find her and get some answers.

Her family said the two psychotic episodes happened after she had an abortion, and I believe they said her doctors believed severe hormone fluctuations might have been the cause.

DEC 5, 2022

Lauren Dumolo

lauren_dumolo.jpg

Lauren Dumolo, 29, was last seen by her boyfriend at the apartment they shared on Coronado Parkway in Cape Coral, Florida on June 19, 2020. On the same day, Lauren’s purse was found in Four Freedoms Park, a place she was known to frequent. Her cell phone was later found in the apartment. On June 24, 2020, police deemed Lauren’s disappearance “suspicious” and the status was changed to missing person endangered, based on their investigation, according to Detective Nick Jones of the Cape Coral Police. Police are looking at all leads in the case and Det. Jones confirmed several people have been interviewed, including Lauren’s boyfriend. He would not comment on whether anyone they’ve interviewed is being considered a person of interest in the case. Lauren is described as being 5’0” and weighing about 110 lbs. She has brown eyes and light brown hair that, at the time of her disappearance, had been dyed blonde. She has tattoos, including “Namaste” on her right side, a symbol on her wrist, an “NY” symbol on her pelvis, and rosary beads on her ankle. Lauren would be 31 years old today. Anyone with any information on Lauren’s whereabouts is asked to contact Cape Coral Police at (239) 574-3223. You can also submit an anonymous tip here or at www.capecops.com/tips. You can also call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-780-TIPS. Please reference case number 20-011323.

Palm bay is quite a drive from Cape Coral.
You are right. My apologies. The person who linked the post on another site, put in the wrong location, showing somewhere near Marco Island and I (stupidly) assumed her info was correct and copied the Namus link without verifying.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB
Back