FL FL - Lawrence Higgins, Murdered In His Garage, Odessa, Oct 2008

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

c@tw0man

Reaction score

On October 10, 2008, at 9:50 am, the victim, Lawrence P. Higgins, 61, was found deceased in the garage of his residence located at 11523 Trotting Down Dr., Odessa.

Higgins died as a result of upper body trauma; therefore his death was ruled as a homicide, according to investigators.

A business associate of Higgins went to check on him after not hearing from him for several days. Robbery does not appear to be a motive in the murder, according to authorities.

Lawrence Higgins was an avid thoroughbred racehorse owner and left behind three daughters from his first marriage and an adopted son from his second marriage.

A former insurance law practitioner in D.C., Higgins was the CEO of Delaware-based Icarus Aircraft, which provides blimps and flying crews to corporate customers. He was also a racehorse owner and executive vice president of the Tampa Bay Horsemen’s Benevolent and Protective Association.

This case has remained unsolved.

Icarus Aircraft, Inc. 12157 W. Linebaugh Ave. Suite 325 Tampa, FL 33626-1732

For further information, and to set up your airship program, please contact:

Kim Higgins
Icarus Aircraft, Inc.
12157 W. Linebaugh Ave
Suite 325
Tampa, FL 33626-1732

Tel.: (703) 593-3278
Fax: (813) 926-5833

Email: IcarusAircraft@aol.com

A business associate of Higgins went to check on him after not hearing from him for several days. Robbery does not appear to be a motive in the murder, according to authorities.

Lawrence Higgins was an avid thoroughbred racehorse owner and left behind three daughters from his first marriage and an adopted son from his second marriage.

A former insurance law practitioner in D.C., Higgins was the CEO of Delaware-based Icarus Aircraft, which provides blimps and flying crews to corporate customers. He was also a racehorse owner and executive vice president of the Tampa Bay Horsemen’s Benevolent and Protective Association.

Crime Stoppers of Tampa Bay is offering a reward of up to $3,000 for information that leads to the identification and arrest of the unknown suspect.

Crime Stoppers of Tampa Bay is offering a reward of up to $3,000 for information that leads to the identification and arrest of the unknown suspect.

After all the horse doping scandals in the past few years, I wonder if he knew too much. 7 horses died during Derby week, this year. Racehorses disappear or suddenly die in insurance fraud schemes, routinely. Somebody he knew has blood on his or her hands.

On October 10, 2008, at 9:50 am, the victim, Lawrence P. Higgins, 61, was found deceased in the garage of his residence located at 11523 Trotting Down Dr., Odessa.

Higgins died as a result of upper body trauma; therefore his death was ruled as a homicide, according to investigators.

This case has remained unsolved.

I noticed it says he died of upper body trauma. Do you think this precludes a firearm as the murder weapon? MOO

I noticed it says he died of upper body trauma. Do you think this precludes a firearm as the murder weapon? MOO
Hard to say, the information I have found seems deliberately vague. I wonder if they have a likely suspect, maybe even a motive, but have been unable to make a solid case. I wish they would release more background on Mr. Higgins, and more evidence. MOO. There are a lot of horsey people in Odessa, many farms and stables associated with Tampa Bay Downs who could know who might have held a grudge. Nothing was mentioned about any robbery, or disgruntled employees. Family members have not added any information as far as I know. It just seems strange there has been so little follow up to this murder.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back