FL FL - Leila Cavett, 21, of GA (son Kamdyn, 2, found wandering streets), Miramar, 27 July 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
“Family members told CBS4 they have attempted to contact Cavett on her cell phone, but after several rings, no one picks up.”

(source:
'I Just Want To Know My Sister Is OK': Family, Police Concerned About Missing Mother Of Wandering Toddler
July 28, 2020 at 5:15 pm)

Notes/comments/questions:
(Still catching up)

So, it doesn’t go straight to voicemail.

Does this mean her phone could still be on then?

Or does she not have voicemail set up?

If it’s on, then obviously pinging would/could lead to her phone’s vicinity by now, so maybe they haven’t received the judge sign offs on the warrant(s) yet for her phone provider?

Who is her phone provider? What Internet was used in the FB communication with grandma, WIFI, phone, etc. What type of phone does she have? Any other mobile devices?

Last edited:
I’m not getting a good feeling about this at all. She appears to have 2 Venmo accounts Leila-Cavett and Leila-Cavett-1. The first has transactions visible from 2019 from an interesting looking guy who has only sent payments to young women. :/

Last edited:
Police have video in case of missing woman believed to be mother of boy found in Miramar
''Police returned to the neighborhood where, they said, 2-year-old Kamdyn was found wandering alone on Sunday.

Detectives have confirmed they have surveillance video but are not releasing the footage at this point because they are still working the case.

Earlier on Tuesday, Cavett’s sisters arrived at the Miramar Police headquarters to get an update on the search and investigation.

“It’s just starting to become a lot more real now, and I definitely just want to know that my sister is OK,” said Gina Lewis, one of the siblings.''

Police have video in case of missing woman believed to be mother of boy found in Miramar
''Police returned to the neighborhood where, they said, 2-year-old Kamdyn was found wandering alone on Sunday.

Detectives have confirmed they have surveillance video but are not releasing the footage at this point because they are still working the case.

Earlier on Tuesday, Cavett’s sisters arrived at the Miramar Police headquarters to get an update on the search and investigation.

“It’s just starting to become a lot more real now, and I definitely just want to know that my sister is OK,” said Gina Lewis, one of the siblings.''

I wonder....Leila herself, the truck?

The video of the sisters speaking....HERE is the first time I see the segment about the thumbs up message, in their own words ! Might have been edited out in the other videos I saw.

Mom of wandering toddler has ties to Walker County
rbbm.
''A woman believed to be the mother of a toddler found wandering outside an apartment complex in Miramar, Florida, on Sunday has ties to Walker County.

Walker County Sheriff's Office Investigator Carl Carpenter said Leila Cavett, 21, has lived in Walker County in the past and currently has a pending court case here but is not considered to be missing from Walker County.

Her Facebook page lists her as living in Atlanta. Court records list her address as Muscle Shoals.

"We don't have any reason to believe that she is anywhere else but southern Florida,"
said Carpenter, the major crimes/missing person investigator at WCSO.

"She's very close to her child from what we understand. I believe whatever the circumstances were in Florida for her child to turn up down there, I don't have any reason not to believe that she is down there, and I have a lot of concern about her if the child was by himself," Carpenter said.''

''The last time Cavett was confirmed to be in Walker County was in October 2019, according to Carpenter.

According to court documents, Cavett was arrested in Cordova on drug charges in September and received two traffic tickets in October. Cavett failed to appear on the traffic violations at a court date in February, which resulted in her driver's license being suspended in March.''

“We don't have any reason to believe that she is anywhere else but southern Florida,"“

Hmm, so have they confirmed that she made it to Florida? This is a curious statement (Still catching up and working on timeline/facts above, sorry if brainfart)- In an investigation like this, I would think that unless they have successfully tracked her movements and can confirm or think she made it to Florida, she could possibly be anywhere under the sun including Alabama or Georgia. Just thinking out loud as I’m trying to get a strong hold on the GA/FL foundation and catch up, work on fact sheet. Making a strong note that they seem to know she has made it to Florida. If so, how do they know this, and when do they think she arrived. Etc. Thanks for putting up with my rough brainstorming and notes as I catch up; it is imperative to have a strong base going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper