FL FL - Leila Cavett, 21, of GA (son Kamdyn, 2, found wandering streets), Miramar, 27 July 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven’t shared a media link before so please forgive me if I get this wrong:

Family of 2-year-old found in Miramar wants answers. The search for his mother continues.

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/news/lo...g1C9wWQ_jxYlIhNN1J72tZ-MrSEIx-E#storylink=cpy

Thank you for this. :) From your link :

Cavett is approximately 5’4,’’ and has a cursive tattoo that says “Kamdyn” on her right arm and a Jesus fish symbol on her right wrist, according to her sister TC.
116711531_2810408905859751_1586060458156325911_o.jpg

116384092_2810408995859742_7122291829774119140_o.jpg

A little hard to see the tattoo on the inside of her upper arm.

Mom of wandering toddler has ties to Walker County
rbbm.
''A woman believed to be the mother of a toddler found wandering outside an apartment complex in Miramar, Florida, on Sunday has ties to Walker County.

Walker County Sheriff's Office Investigator Carl Carpenter said Leila Cavett, 21, has lived in Walker County in the past and currently has a pending court case here but is not considered to be missing from Walker County.

Her Facebook page lists her as living in Atlanta. Court records list her address as Muscle Shoals.

"We don't have any reason to believe that she is anywhere else but southern Florida,"
said Carpenter, the major crimes/missing person investigator at WCSO.

"She's very close to her child from what we understand. I believe whatever the circumstances were in Florida for her child to turn up down there, I don't have any reason not to believe that she is down there, and I have a lot of concern about her if the child was by himself," Carpenter said.''

''The last time Cavett was confirmed to be in Walker County was in October 2019, according to Carpenter.

According to court documents, Cavett was arrested in Cordova on drug charges in September and received two traffic tickets in October. Cavett failed to appear on the traffic violations at a court date in February, which resulted in her driver's license being suspended in March.''
Wow, didn't the family say there was no reason for her to be in FL or that she was there before? Did I misread that? Also, no Drivers license, who's truck is it? That damn truck is going to be a huge clue. IMO

“We don't have any reason to believe that she is anywhere else but southern Florida,"“

Hmm, so have they confirmed that she made it to Florida? This is a curious statement (Still catching up and working on timeline/facts above, sorry if brainfart)- In an investigation like this, I would think that unless they have successfully tracked her movements and can confirm or think she made it to Florida, she could possibly be anywhere under the sun including Alabama or Georgia. Just thinking out loud as I’m trying to get a strong hold on the GA/FL foundation and catch up, work on fact sheet. Making a strong note that they seem to know she has made it to Florida. If so, how do they know this, and when do they think she arrived. Etc. Thanks for putting up with my rough brainstorming and notes as I catch up; it is imperative to have a strong base going forward.

They might have more detailed information, but I think what that guy says is that if Kamdyn is in Florida, then Leila is too because she would not have left him. It struck me as rather dismissive.

They might have more detailed information, but I think what that guy says is that if Kamdyn is in Florida, then Leila is too because she would not have left him. It struck me as rather dismissive.

Yeah, one can not just assume that, strictly approaching it logically going into an open investigation, and I think LE would know this, my point exactly.

Yeah, one can not just assume that, strictly approaching it logically going into an open investigation, and I think LE would know this, my point exactly.

Yeah, and I totally do not see anything in that post to indicate that there's any hard information behind his statement. Just LE logic and we know how often that can be misleading.

Leila Cavett: 3 sisters make emotional plea for missing mom whose tot son was found wandering alone in a different state [Update]

As the search continues for missing Georgia mother, Leila Cavett, her three sisters are hoping their pleas will somehow reach her.

Leila Cavett’s three sisters drove from Birmingham, Alabama, to Miramar, Florida, overnight Monday to meet with detectives after their 2-year-old nephew, Kamdyn Cavett Arnold, was found wandering alone in Mirimar on Sunday, at an apartment complex off of 1860 block of SW 68th Avenue.

MIRAMAR, FLA. (WSVN) - Police are reviewing surveillance video linked to the disappearance of a woman believed to be the mother of a boy found wandering alone in Miramar over the weekend.

Meanwhile, her sisters traveled to South Florida from Alabama and are pleading for the public’s help in finding her.

The search continues for 21-year-old Leila Cavett, Tuesday.

Police returned to the neighborhood where, they said, 2-year-old Kamdyn was found wandering alone on Sunday.

Detectives have confirmed they have surveillance video but are not releasing the footage at this point because they are still working the case.

Earlier on Tuesday, Cavett’s sisters arrived at the Miramar Pol
Police have video in case of missing woman believed to be mother of boy found in Miramar

It's sorta like Leila is the black sheep of the family. No judgement intended, just an observation. Family dynamics can be very complicated, and if you've went down any facebook rabbit holes in this family, you understand what I mean.

I'm scared she may be deceased though :(
I’ve gone down the holes, I’m still holding on for her— as Gina said —no matter what she’s done.

Wow. A friend suggested I put on “lipstick” and check out the “alley”
I do not have a good feeling about Leila.
I hope she is safe somewhere.

Off topic but I too like to put on lipstick and check out the alley. I tend to get my "tea" there.

Edit this story is no laughing matter but I did chuckle at this.

The location where the body was found in WPB is 54 minutes north of Miramar on I-95; and about an 1hr north on Turnpike. If his/her remains were found just before 2pm today, wonder how long it will take for police to release information?

Attachments

• 9D1F2C00-FE05-4E81-8CA5-3FAA843D53AA.png
    9D1F2C00-FE05-4E81-8CA5-3FAA843D53AA.png
    246.8 KB · Views: 18
I think it's pretty clear (because people asking if she was in AL or GA) that she was in GA due to her seller's post.

But where?

The location on one had a zip code of 30534. That's an area near the shore of the west side of Lake Lanier continuing west to Dawsonville. I am really wondering if the zip on that location was pinged off the phone or something she typed in a field?

Here's why...

On another lost she was asking for space to hold a yard sale in... Gillsville.? I've lived in Georgia for almost 40 years. I have never heard of Gillsville. It's damn near an hour from Dawsonville, east of Gainesville (which is just off the east shore of Lanier). Population of 254.

If you lived in or around Dawsonville why would you want to hold a sale there? You wouldn't unless you lived near there. You would be looking for space in Dawsonville, Cumming, Flowery Branch, or Gainesville.

Dawsonville - 30534
Gillsville - 30543

There is so much more I want to say but I hate posting family issues.

It's sorta like Leila is the black sheep of the family. No judgement intended, just an observation. Family dynamics can be very complicated, and if you've went down any facebook rabbit holes in this family, you understand what I mean.

I'm scared she may be deceased though :(

I went down that rabbit hole. And 100% agree. But black sheep or not... every indication from everything seems to be that, despite whatever mistakes she made, that boy was loved and taken care of by her and wouldn't be wondering around with no sign of her unless something terrible happened to her.

I think you get that feeling too. And that's why you feel she is deceased. Unfortunately and sadly I think so too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper