FL FL - Leila Cavett, 21, of GA (son Kamdyn, 2, found on street), Miramar, 27 July 2020 #3 *arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it was Leila's and Kam's clothing and toys in the dumpster, because SR was clearing out the truck, the tarp would have been with them? There was no mention of it being in the dumpster. I just find it a little odd.

Yeah, they sure should find out where it is and why , it could just be any reason not directly related to a crime, that's all i'm saying. He did buy trashbags later and we don't know where the truck was until plate was scanned some time on the 27th..

The guy just noticed the clothes and toys, possibly because they were not in a throw away state. A tarp in a dumpster and at a gasstation specifically, i personally wouldn't think much about, these things have a tendancy to rip. It might have been there but he just had not registered it as odd.

And that still doesn't explain any crime as is does go with a story of cleaning out a car you just bought.

He also could have rolled her up in that to throw her in the trash of course, but it's just one of so many options, the tarp in itself not being there is not that odd imo, it could have been inside the cabin of the truck for all we know.

I don't think SR sold LC. Her window was broken out, her clothes found in the dumpster and a shovel had red on it.
That doesn't sound like a sale to me.
It sounds like violence occurred. moo

While it might be the most probably scenario, where is the glass? Did someone broke in or out?
The shovel was in her truck, not his car. It might have been hers in the first place including stains. If it was blood, i think they would have sais so as even the kidnapping charge is only circomstancial, did he drop of KC or did he snatch LC from there ? So anything agravating would have been welcome imo.

Also they didn't even state they didn't come back to racetrac at 2.30am, they said he didn't park where he claimed he parked as to validate the lying charge.

It's all very mystérious for a 'simple' kill&dispose scénario too in a way.
Imo.

I found odd that the tarp was gone, but what appears to be a bungee cord which goes over a tarp to keep down while travelling is in the photo, and dangling on the ground from the FBI photo.

Moo that happened when stationary as if the bungee cord (very long one!) flew out when driving, it would not be between the truck and the bumper.
That actually looks like a ratchet strap, not a bungee cord. Looks like the tailgate was down and that caused the strap to get pinned behind the bumper like that.

I don't think SR sold LC. Her window was broken out, her clothes found in the dumpster and a shovel had red on it.
That doesn't sound like a sale to me.
It sounds like violence occurred. moo
I wish the affidavit had been more descriptive about these "shovels". For all we know they are plastic children's beach toy shovels from a play kit. Or the menacing long handled steel shovels used for serious digging. Or anything in between.

And the broken window. Broken how, exactly? Is the glass literally broken? Did the window just slip off the tracks and get wedged down inside the door frame?

This case is frustrating. Need more info.

While it might be the most probably scenario, where is the glass? Did someone broke in or out?
The shovel was in her truck, not his car. It might have been hers in the first place including stains. If it was blood, i think they would have sais so as even the kidnapping charge is only circomstancial, did he drop of KC or did he snatch LC from there ? So anything agravating would have been welcome imo.

Also they didn't even state they didn't come back to racetrac at 2.30am, they said he didn't park where he claimed he parked as to validate the lying charge.

It's all very mystérious for a 'simple' kill&dispose scénario too in a way.
Imo.
It's really hard to kick out a car window.
I had to break into my car one day and couldn't with all my might.
I finally went and got a baseball bat and that did the trick.
I also am pretty sure LE knows if the truck window was broken in or out. I also think SR cleaned it up as he said he cleaned the truck out. I'll bet there was broken glass in the dumpster with LC's clothes.
So, he cleaned the truck out and threw her clothes away? mmmmm.
To me, it's pretty clear he wasn't expecting her to come back.

So it seems LC and K must have gone somewhere after the 10:30 (approx) pic at the store. It seems it would have been the beach as K had sand in his diaper the next morning.
We're assuming SR is the one who took them there.
I'm thinking LC's body is either buried near or at the beach or she was placed in a dumpster nearby.
jmo
This is my theory as well. They were at a beach after 10:30, he did something to Leila or disposed of her there. I wonder if he put her in the water. I hate to even say that, but I do believe he did something bad to her. moo

Aug 21 2020
Man accused of kidnapping missing woman’s son to appear in federal court
''Man accused of kidnapping missing woman’s son to appear in federal court
R54SDAMERVFYRMUZUXAWEXKGYU.jpg

Man faces kidnapping charge after boy found in Miramar; mother still missing
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. – A self-proclaimed witch who has been charged with kidnapping after a 2-year-old boy was found alone in Miramar was transported Friday morning to the federal courthouse in Fort Lauderdale from the Broward County Mail Jail, where he will go before a judge.''
rbbm.

Seeking Missing 21-Year-Old Mother; $10,000 Reward for Information | Federal Bureau of Investigation
''Seeking Missing 21-Year-Old Mother; $10,000 Reward for Information
The FBI is offering a reward of up to $10,000 for information leading to the location of 21-year-old mother Leila Cavett who mysteriously disappeared on or about July 25, 2020. If anyone has any information as to the whereabouts of Leila Cavett, please call FBI Miami at 1-800-CALL-FBI or go to tips.fbi.gov.

Video Transcript
The video contains seven clips of Leila and/or her movements as follows:
  • Leila’s Chevrolet pickup truck traveling from North side of RaceTrac gas station (5800 Hollywood Blvd, Hollywood, FL 33021) to West side of gas station on the afternoon of July 25th at approximately 2:20 p.m.
  • Leila exiting a four door Lexus sedan on the north side of RaceTrac gas station (5800 Hollywood Blvd, Hollywood, FL 33021) on the afternoon of July 25th at approximately 3:06 p.m.
  • Leila inside the convenience store of the RaceTrac gas station (5800 Hollywood Blvd, Hollywood, FL 33021) on the afternoon of July 25th at approximately 3:09 p.m.
  • Leila inside the Race Track convenience store (5800 Hollywood Blvd, Hollywood, FL 33021) on July 25th at approximately 10:16 p.m.
These are the last known images of Leila Cavett.

If anyone has any information as to the whereabouts of Leila Cavett, please call FBI Miami at 1-800-CALL-FBI or go to tips.fbi.gov.''

Welcome to Websleuths,
Allyoucantleavebehind!

The only way I can see him putting a body in the dumpster is if he was sure it would be picked up very soon. Still it would be very risky. You're probably right and they are just searching for more evidence. I wonder why it took so long.

I thought about the sand, too, and whether or not there was sand on the shovels. I bet they did look for sand and dirt on and underneath the vehicles. I'm sure they are doing a lot that SR never would have imagined!

Thank you MsBetsy. Yes, holding hope that they are closely analyzing the sand. Not sure if I'm allowed to share this (and still learning the rules so please correct me if this isn't okay to post) but I was actually looking for school-related stuff to help manage this virtual schooling time and I found an interesting thing (directed at kids) on sand and crime. This link really made me feel sure that LE and investigators are analyzing the sand and using it in this case to help build a map of where Leila was and went....

Forensic Geology Lab: The Sands of Crime

Yeah, they sure should find out where it is and why , it could just be any reason not directly related to a crime, that's all i'm saying. He did buy trashbags later and we don't know where the truck was until plate was scanned some time on the 27th..

The guy just noticed the clothes and toys, possibly because they were not in a throw away state. A tarp in a dumpster and at a gasstation specifically, i personally wouldn't think much about, these things have a tendancy to rip. It might have been there but he just had not registered it as odd.

And that still doesn't explain any crime as is does go with a story of cleaning out a car you just bought.

He also could have rolled her up in that to throw her in the trash of course, but it's just one of so many options, the tarp in itself not being there is not that odd imo, it could have been inside the cabin of the truck for all we know.

Put together though.

• The clothes and toys documented in the dumpster.
  • The black bags documented in his trunk, from photos HE posted.
  • The tarp on the truck is no longer seen in the photo yet the blue strap cords (which I would think were over tarp) are outside the truck/within the bumper and laying on ground.
  • If the truck travelled with those bungee cords over the road, they would have been VERY marred. MOO
I wonder what he took out of the truck from the back under the tarp and discarded, vs. what he bagged and put in his trunk.

MOO LE hasn't given us that timeline, but they must have seen while under surveillance?

And yes... is she in that tarp somewhere?

ETA:

Good point.. ratchet strap vs. bungee cord.. you are correct... I just saw the hood on the end that I am familiar with bungees having. Perhaps ratched straps have hooks on them.. I didn't think so

That actually looks like a ratchet strap, not a bungee cord. Looks like the tailgate was down and that caused the strap to get pinned behind the bumper like that.

Nobluetarp.JPG

FBI Releases New Pictures Of Missing Mom Leila Cavett Before Her Disappearance In South Florida

ETA: Corrected nomenclature to strap cords vs. bungee cords as I wasn't aware of difference until another pointed out to me, thanks

Last edited:
Thank you MsBetsy. Yes, holding hope that they are closely analyzing the sand. Not sure if I'm allowed to share this (and still learning the rules so please correct me if this isn't okay to post) but I was actually looking for school-related stuff to help manage this virtual schooling time and I found an interesting thing (directed at kids) on sand and crime. This link really made me feel sure that LE and investigators are analyzing the sand and using it in this case to help build a map of where Leila was and went....

Forensic Geology Lab: The Sands of Crime
Yes. It is allowed since it is significant to the case. I'm about to read it now, thanks!

I also am pretty sure LE knows if the truck window was broken in or out. I also think SR cleaned it up as he said he cleaned the truck out. I'll bet there was broken glass in the dumpster with LC's clothes.
Just a guess, but I think SR could have used that shovel to break the window and then used it on her.... I hate the thought, but there is it....

So it seems LC and K must have gone somewhere after the 10:30 (approx) pic at the store. It seems it would have been the beach as K had sand in his diaper the next morning.
We're assuming SR is the one who took them there.
I'm thinking LC's body is either buried near or at the beach or she was placed in a dumpster nearby.
jmo

And wasn't he so smoooooooooooooth to say that the people that she left with at Racetrac were folks she met from the beach. (oh, there is sand in diapers... must be them ...sarcasm intended)

There is no glass on the ground when LE took the photo of her truck. MOO

Nobluetarp.JPG

FBI Releases New Pictures Of Missing Mom Leila Cavett Before Her Disappearance In South Florida

Put together though.

• The clothes and toys documented in the dumpster.
  • The black bags documented in his trunk, from photos HE posted.
  • The tarp on the truck is no longer seen in the photo yet the blue bungee cords (which I would think were over tarp) are outside the truck/within the bumper and laying on ground.
  • If the truck travelled with those bungee cords over the road, they would have been VERY marred. MOO
I wonder what he took out of the truck from the back under the tarp and discarded, vs. what he bagged and put in his trunk.

MOO LE hasn't given us that timeline, but they must have seen while under surveillance?

And yes... is she in that tarp somewhere?

View attachment 260722

I was assuming that the toys and clothes were under the tarp and that once he junked those, he didn't need the tarp? Though the question of where the tarp is sounds like an important one. Possibilities:

1. Tarp is in dumpster thrown away with toys and LE is not releasing that info yet.
  2. Tarp was used to hide L's body during transportation to burial site.
  3. Tarp was left somewhere between places that SM drove and might offer a clue as to what happened in what order.

I was assuming that the toys and clothes were under the tarp and that once he junked those, he didn't need the tarp? Though the question of where the tarp is sounds like an important one. Possibilities:

1. Tarp is in dumpster thrown away with toys and LE is not releasing that info yet.
  2. Tarp was used to hide L's body during transportation to burial site.
  3. Tarp was left somewhere between places that SM drove and might offer a clue as to what happened in what order.

I'm trying to find the 3 photos of his trunk in WM parking lot that he and/or LE took within past threads. Anyone have handy those to bump up and repost? All I saw was a lot of black plastic bags. I'm wondering how many bags he packed up from her truck until the photos that HE took.

He said that he woke up and then was confronted. I'm thinking he was under surveillance.. and bagged up lots of stuff and they only went for him when his trunk was full of stuff he transferred.. and not just when he woke up. MOO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member