FL FL - Leila Cavett, 21, of GA (son Kamdyn, 2, found on street), Miramar, 27 July 2020 #3 *arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to find the 3 photos of his trunk in WM parking lot that he and/or LE took within past threads. Anyone have handy those to bump up and repost? All I saw was a lot of black plastic bags. I'm wondering how many bags he packed up from her truck until the photos that HE took.

He said that he woke up and then was confronted. I'm thinking he was under surveillance.. and bagged up lots of stuff and they only went for him when his trunk was full of stuff he transferred.. and not just when he woke up. MOO

YES. Trying to bump this.

I wish the affidavit had been more descriptive about these "shovels". For all we know they are plastic children's beach toy shovels from a play kit. Or the menacing long handled steel shovels used for serious digging. Or anything in between.

And the broken window. Broken how, exactly? Is the glass literally broken? Did the window just slip off the tracks and get wedged down inside the door frame?

This case is frustrating. Need more info.
I don't think investigators would have included the shovels in the affidavit if it wasn't important. They included just enough to show probable cause, so there is probably a lot more evidence they did not include.

I'm not sure about the window, either. How easily does glass break on a car window? Maybe it was pushed on hard or got bent somehow and wouldn't go back up? If the glass was broken it doesn't seem likely that there would be no glass left at all. In the picture it looked like the window was stuck down or there was no window at all.

I'm trying to find the 3 photos of his trunk in WM parking lot that he and/or LE took within past threads. Anyone have handy those to bump up and repost? All I saw was a lot of black plastic bags. I'm wondering how many bags he packed up from her truck until the photos that HE took.

He said that he woke up and then was confronted. I'm thinking he was under surveillance.. and bagged up lots of stuff and they only went for him when his trunk was full of stuff he transferred.. and not just when he woke up. MOO
Photos of LE searching SRs car at Walmart

This isn't a contribution so I apologize. I'm inclined to agree that perhaps SR wanted Leila to bring him an SUV which she likely assumed was part of a job and why she ended up with a truck instead. I believe he saw her as a means to an end and manipulated her. That things unraveled so quickly (with his google searches and all) after her arrival shows that whatever this was was likely premeditated. That his goal was never to "help" her. I just wish with every fiber of my being that when he saw that she brought the "wrong" vehicle and when he saw that she brought her toddler son with her that he could have just let them go. His plan was ruined from the get-go. It was never going to work, so why did he still follow through with his nefarious plot? His ego, I know, but ... damn. I really wish he would have thought that through. I *really* wish he just wasn't the type to hurt others in general, but preying on young single mothers? There's a special place in hell. All my opinion.

I don't think investigators would have included the shovels in the affidavit if it wasn't important. They included just enough to show probable cause, so there is probably a lot more evidence they did not include.

I'm not sure about the window, either. How easily does glass break on a car window? Maybe it was pushed on hard or got bent somehow and wouldn't go back up? If the glass was broken it doesn't seem likely that there would be no glass left at all. In the picture it looked like the window was stuck down or there was no window at all.
Maybe the "small droplets of a red substance" on the shovels is what is important and not so much the shovels themselves. Blood spatter?

Affidavit, para. 10.

“There are only 2 options I can come up with that Leila could still be alive is if SR has her trapped somewhere or he sold her into human trafficking.”

I think the sold her to someone could work.

Yea, I feel like there is some truth to the $3000. I'm just not sure in what context.

What if the money was actually Leila's - bear with me - there is speculation that she didn't have much money but maybe this is why, she had been selling items/saving to buy into what SR was selling.

Magnetic Kundalini

look at the prices he was charging for things on 18th August post - maybe he did have her believing that she could make a successful business for herself and Kam but only if she 'invested' in him. I don't know, very unlikely I know - it's just a thought.

Blood on shovel and front seat of truck. Video shows SR leaving WM parking lot on 7/27 @11:11 am in Leila's truck. Drives to RaceTrac dumpster; discards large and small items from interior of truck and bed of truck.

Blood also in Lexus. Lexus seen at RaceTrac dumpster; multiple items discarded.

SR spoke with FBI on Sat 8/15.

Gov requests no bond. Flight risk. Wandering witch. Lexus not his. Expired tags. Previous failure to appear. Off parole less than a year.

No bond. Case will go to grand jury.

ETA: Listening to bond hearing.

Last edited:
Blood on shovel and front seat of truck. Video shows SR leaving WM parking lot on 7/27 @11:11 am in Leila's truck. Drives to RaceTrac dumpster; discards large and small items from interior of truck and bed of truck.

^^^ That does sound like he may have busted the window with the shovel and possibly whacked her with it.

Maybe the "small droplets of a red substance" on the shovels is what is important and not so much the shovels themselves. Blood spatter?

Affidavit, para. 10.
Yes, I'm sure they were very interested in the red substance. I'm thinking they were not toy shovels since he threw the toys and their belongings in the dumpster. We also don't know if Leila brought them with her or if he obtained them at some point.

Oh gosh I’m afraid he disposed of Leila in that dumpster which would explain why they removed the dumpster.

I'm curious about her phone's location when her family called her shortly after they found Kam. It sounds like her sister called her after they found Kam. I remember the sister saying "it just rang and rang." Also, I saw a clip where the narrator said "her father said, she tried to reach out to her father some time on the 25th on facebook messenger. He did not see that call. After that he tried to message her on facebook, but she did not read that message". (This was a clip on youtube from Crime 411. Is that site allowed to be posted here?) Basically I am thinking, if they called her and her phone rang after they found Kam on the 27th, did it ping and if so, where did it ping? If someone didn't turn off the phone I wonder how long before it ran out of power?

Apparently they haven't confirmed if the blood found is human blood yet. Testing is not complete.

They also found trash bags and cleaner in the Lexus. The trash bags were not used though.

Edit:No bond for the SR and no proof of life found for LC at this time

Blood also in Lexus. Lexus seen at RaceTrac dumpster; multiple items discarded.

SR spoke with FBI on Sat 8/15.

Where were you able to listen to the hearing? Just curious :)

^^^ That does sound like he may have busted the window with the shovel and possibly whacked her with it.
I think that is a likely scenario. There was definitely a huge struggle in that truck considering the bent visor and broken window. I think he attacked Leila while she was in the drivers seat at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18