FL FL - Leila Cavett, 21, of GA (son Kamdyn, 2, found wandering streets), Miramar, 27 July 2020

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the first I hear of Leila's father. He says Leila was communicating with someone online (exactly what I was afraid of), and was invited for the weekend.

I wonder why the sisters didn't know that. Is this new to them too?
Maybe Leila was closer to her dad.
Maybe LE was able to access her phone records/social media and informed her dad about that. Or maybe she's just closer to her dad, but then why just say something about it now?

Wonder how hard it would be for police to access her facebook messages just to see if there is anything on there that might be helpful? I don't know if they would have to have a warrant for that or what but hopefully they will look into it.
Or a dating site? But people might have fake names, particularly someone who isn't who he says.

Wonder how hard it would be for police to access her facebook messages just to see if there is anything on there that might be helpful? I don't know if they would have to have a warrant for that or what but hopefully they will look into it.
Typically, LE has access. Although, I’m surprised how The FB pages of Leila, her mother, her grandmother, her siblings, uncles and aunts are all on public view. I would have shut it all down, the day she went missing. If Leila was my daughter, I would have contacted FB and asked them to take her page off of public view. I think deactivating wouldn’t be good, it’s one way of keeping in contact.

Maybe LE was able to access her phone records/social media and informed her dad about that. Or maybe she's just closer to her dad, but then why just say something about it now?
Yes, could be that LE found the info, and informed dad, as the parent rather than the sisters....or maybe the sisters have been told after they came to Florida.

I believe a warrant is required.

Facebook: Safety Center

So, just out of curiosity and based on a possible hunch with absolutely no factual basis whatsoever, or anything to indicate such, I googled the distance from Miami to Hollywood, and it’s a straight shot at 21.6 miles. As some of you may remember, coincidentally, “22 miles” is my magic number, specifically “22-28 miles/minutes”- again this is based on studying the “mileage” associated with various past cases, and this applies to if there is FP here.

Distance / Miami to Hollywood:
28 min (21.6 mi)
via I-95 Express and I-95 N

I noticed that. Interesting. You're right that about 20 miles seems to often be the mental line where people think "this is out of my immediate area and won't be connected to me."

This case reminds me a bit of Paige...her last name escapes me at the moment.

Basically she had a history of drug use, but had been sober for a while. She left a nightclub with a man, who turned out to be a sex offender.

Her body was found on a property associated with him, and there was much discussion about if she was murdered or if she overdosed. I was strongly in the murder camp, based on the sexual offender history with whom she was last seen, but it turned out in fact to be an overdose, so the case DID turn out to be drug related.

However, there are other cases where the victim had a history of drug use, but that wasn’t the factor that led to her death (trying to think of an example, can’t think of one atm, but nonetheless I think this is true, jmo...)

My point is this: IMO, if there are hard drugs involved in any case, specifically meth or heroin, there is often a drug connection to the circumstances of missing. It’s a dangerous game with shady people. So, again IF I had to lean in a direction, I would guess it’s highly possible that this may have to do with something, but that’s certainly not a guarantee as I mentioned, and not said in anyway to be judgmental or disrespectful to the victim, just saying that in soooo many cases here, IF there are hard drugs involved, it can be relevant.

Also, how does one find $ for a drug habit, if she had one.

Last edited:
I noticed that. Interesting. You're right that about 20 miles seems to often be the mental line where people think "this is out of my immediate area and won't be connected to me."

Exactly. Not too close, but not too far either. A lot of people are very nervous about traveling with a body in a car. It can also be hidden within a timeline well, when accounting for whereabouts. and minimize traffic cams, etc.

There’s also the awareness space aspect, and often geographic profiling type variables which may exist.

Exactly. Not too close, but not too far either. A lot of people are very nervous about traveling with a body in a car. It can also be hidden with a timeline well, and traffic cams, etc.

There’s also the awareness space aspect, and often geographic profiling type variables which may exist.
I love it when your on a thread I’m following! I always learn something new! Thanks!
MOO

Also, O/T, but why are you not on the Suzanne Morphew thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member