FL FL - Leila Cavett, 21, of GA (son Kamdyn, 2, found wandering streets), Miramar, 27 July 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m thinking she’s alive being held inside one of the apartments Kamdyn was found beside.

I’m wondering if they ran dogs around there. Actually, iirc, they had a bloundhound at one point. (Exact reference re/ dog in notes, available in media thread).
I would think they have gone door to door, checked the resident roster to look for suspicious things, of course it doesn’t mean she’s not there. I remember in Savannah Greywind’s case, LE did a cursory walk through of the apt in question, before they got a warrant, and didn’t find her. She was either hidden in the dresser or the bathroom closet at that time. So, without a warrant, not sure how much they searched apartments, if they did. I’m not sure if they asked residents if they could look around real quick. They likely did canvass and ask everyone there if they saw anything.

Sadly no new tweets so far today

In a way, this could be sort of good news in the sense that it sounds like they have their hands full, which could mean they are very active at the moment and hopefully making progress and don’t need any specific help from the public.

Obviously, though, no update of finding her yet, alive, is not good news.

Was really hoping she would have been found safe already I can't imagine what her family is going through. No updates that I have seen today so I'm going to hold on to the theory that no news is good news until we hear otherwise.

Investigators believe missing mom left Georgia ‘abruptly,’ her father says

Leila’s father lives in Ohio.

Curtis Cavett told Local 10 that he learned through investigators that his 21-year-old daughter, Leila Cavett, may have left her home in Georgia abruptly.

"Leila actually picked up in the middle of the night and just left which sounded strange," said Curtis Cavett, who lives in Ohio.

He’s also going to fight for custody.

"Leila, I love you so much. Kamydn, your grandfather is coming to get you out of stage custody. We are going to fight for you and fight for your mom," he said.

Just saw this -- please forgive if it is a repeat:
Toddler found wandering alone on Florida street; police searching for his mother
07/28/2020 1:51 pm PDT
AL.com reports three sisters drove from Alabama to Florida
to reunite with their 2-year-old nephew, who was found Sunday morning wandering alone in the parking lot of an apartment complex. They met with detectives at the Miramar Police Department in hopes of learning why little Kamdyn Cavett was alone and what happened to his 21-year-old mother, Leila Cavett.
[...]
Police have received reports that Leila Cavett was possibly seen near the area of Hollywood Boulevard and US Route 441. Miramar Police also found her vehicle, a mid-to-late '90s white Chevy Silverado 3500, in Hollywood, the Herald reports.
------------------------------
Toddler found wandering alone on Florida street; police searching for his mother

Last edited:
in the middle of the night?
maybe so that Kam would sleep on that long drive

which night?
What the heck?
That's very worrisome.
It is worrisome and some would say sneaky. If done while everyone was sleeping. I don’t think she wanted any opposition, so kept it quiet and made her moves. In addition, it was easier on her and Kam if he slept. I’ve deadheaded from Arkansas to Hollywood. Once in Fla., it seemed like the state went on forever. She was probably exhausted when she arrived.

Curtis Cavett told Local 10 that he learned through investigators that his 21-year-old daughter, Leila Cavett, may have left her home in Georgia abruptly.

"Leila actually picked up in the middle of the night and just left which sounded strange," said Curtis Cavett, who lives in Ohio.

"Leila, I love you so much. Kamydn, your grandfather is coming to get you out of stage custody. We are going to fight for you and fight for your mom," he said.

My heart breaks when I read her father’s words.

This case is a parent’s worst nightmare. What on earth made her leave with the baby in the middle of the night? Urgency to get to something/one? Or urgency to get away from something/one?

I too wonder if she wanted to drive thru the night so that Kam would be sleeping.
But still, it's difficult to drive all that way without sleep herself. Was someone with her to help for the drive?
We need to know if the sighting of her, Kam and a man in Walmart was really them. That can give us some sort of timeline.
If she drove thru the night (Saturday) and Kam was found around 8:30ish Sunday Morning, when would they have been in Walmart?
Also, if she drove thru the night and Kam was dropped off with his soiled diaper, no pants or shoes, then I'm thinking that's how he traveled in his car seat for the sleeping drive.
All just thoughts.

It is worrisome and some would say sneaky. If done while everyone was sleeping. I don’t think she wanted any opposition, so kept it quiet and made her moves. In addition, it was easier on her and Kam if he slept. I’ve deadheaded from Arkansas to Hollywood. Once in Fla., it seemed like the state went on forever. She was probably exhausted when she arrived.
I’ve traveled quite a few trips by myself from Florida to N.C. and night driving goes so much faster. Less traffic.

What a cool, sweet drink of water -- to know that there is someone who seems to really care about this little guy and his mom. Note: This is not to say his mom does not care about him, please know.
It's just that we see so many times in some of these tuff cases that no one who truly cares comes to claim the innocent and probably very confused child. Sounds like father/grandfather cares deeply about them both. I hope Leila can return to him as well.

Time is passing, however, and that's not usually a good sign.
SMH and hoping.

I’ve traveled quite a few trips by myself from Florida to N.C. and night driving goes so much faster. Less traffic.

I’ve done the road trips to/from So. FL, with babies. But I’d expect a parent to leave in the evening, around bedtime, to take advantage of the baby sleeping.

The dad’s phrasing of “picked up in the middle of the night” sounded more like post midnight to me, but it’s unclear.

Sorry if I’ve missed this, but did Leila live with family in GA? Or did she live alone with Kam?

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member