FL FL - Leila Cavett, 21, of GA (son Kamdyn, 2, found wandering streets), Miramar, 27 July 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't shake the feeling that the entire Florida thing is a red herring.

That she's deceased somewhere in Georgia, and somebody had Kamdyn for a few days, then drove her vehicle to Miramar, left the boy somewhere he'd be found, abandoned the truck somewhere else, and melted into the background.
Oh wow! Who knows ?
In the beginning I considered that she was abducted or came to harm in Georgia somewhere, and Kam was taken alone to Florida.
But changed my mind when other details and reports came out.....especially the online meeting thing.
I don't know anymore what to think.
Will Leila be found? She could be anywhere.

That she's deceased somewhere in Georgia, and somebody had Kamdyn for a few days, then drove her vehicle to Miramar, left the boy somewhere he'd be found, abandoned the truck somewhere else, and melted into the background.
But LE says she was last seen near the Walmart in Florida. I’m assuming it’s her car on a surveillance camera but we don’t know. If it was her car and they couldn’t see her, they’d say her car was last seen. But they said she was last seen in Hollywood.

Has anyone been on Hollywood PD's FB page? People are beginning to talk about search parties. Pouring through documents, IMO, isn't getting us nearer to Leila. Why does it seem the PD are at a stall in their leads? Still asking for our help, not issuing some type of phone alert. Hlwd PD and Broward County SO should have all the technology needed to locate her. They have access to state, county and city camera systems. In today's world of technology this is unacceptable. It's almost like "Gone Girl."

The other thought is: in this area of Florida there are many hiding spots, the beach, the Everglades, the Keyes. We're surrounded by water everywhere. She could be anywhere? Why would she or her captors stay in a 2-5 mile radius? They would have left when the truck was found, IMO.

Why isn't the PD using a phone emergency system to notify people, I still have friends that still haven't heard about her. Sign up for Amber, Silver and Blue Alerts - Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles. This is to sign up, but you get the gist.

It is a private group.

Members can not bring any information from that group to this discussion at Websleuths.

I'd also like to put it out there that her family does NOT approve of that particular Facebook group(the one mentioned in the post you quoted) and wants it shut down. Just putting that information out there as I've invited her family to WS and I would hate for them to come on here and see people supporting that group. Like i said before I have told them how respectful Tricia and everyone on this website is how they go out of their way to make sure the victim and her family are protected etc.. I am not sure if any of them have joined yet but for all we know they could be lurking and reading.

Has anyone been on Hollywood PD's FB page? People are beginning to talk about search parties. Pouring through documents, IMO, isn't getting us nearer to Leila. Why does it seem the PD are at a stall in their leads? Still asking for our help, not issuing some type of phone alert. Hlwd PD and Broward County SO should have all the technology needed to locate her. They have access to state, county and city camera systems. In today's world of technology this is unacceptable. It's almost like "Gone Girl."

The other thought is: in this area of Florida there are many hiding spots, the beach, the Everglades, the Keyes. We're surrounded by water everywhere. She could be anywhere? Why would she or her captors stay in a 2-5 mile radius? They would have left when the truck was found, IMO.

Why isn't the PD using a phone emergency system to notify people, I still have friends that still haven't heard about her. Sign up for Amber, Silver and Blue Alerts - Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles. This is to sign up, but you get the gist.
I’m confident LE is actively looking at all surveillance activity as we speak. It’s not a quick task. No doubt they are going through all the electronic data and footage, unfortunately that does take time. Moo

I'd also like to put it out there that her family does NOT approve of that particular Facebook group(the one mentioned in the post you quoted) and wants it shut down. Just putting that information out there as I've invited her family to WS and I would hate for them to come on here and see people supporting that group. Like i said before I have told them how respectful Tricia and everyone on this website is how they go out of their way to make sure the victim and her family are protected etc.. I am not sure if any of them have joined yet but for all we know they could be lurking and reading.

Very true. I know there are some really respectful people in that group. But also some very DISrespectful people (that is to be expected of ANY group to be honest). Unfortunately the DISrespectful ones RUIN it for the respectful ones.

I probably shouldn't have said anything (I usually don't mention other groups). I will remember that next time. Just keep it to myself. I am one of those people that pretty much stays on the sidelines and lurks anyway in MOST of the groups I am in.

I just know SOME of the people in that group are doing some really good sleuthing. I have found out a lot of good information. But unfortunately MANY of the people in that group are also spreading a lot of lies and hearsay.

I always try to look at the positive in ANY thing. So with that group for instance I ignore all the negative stuff (the lies and hearsay) and focus on the positive so to speak. Unfortunately A LOT of people can't do that.

I understand COMPLETELY. If they shut it down that doesn't matter to me (if it's meant to be it is meant to be). No skin off my bones so to speak. If it's meant to be it's meant to be.

Last edited:
What makes this even harder is the fact that EVERYONE (or most everyone--especially people in South Florida) is wearing masks because of COVID. If the authorities DO have videos of this person (who took her) it would be REALLY HARD to identify them.

It's really unfortunate that there are people out there who have no idea how difficult this is for Leila's family, nor how hurtful they can be. They are unable, unwilling to step in their shoes. A lot of people on those pages just want attention and to show off with their ignorant and disrespectful comments.

Whatever happened, and whatever actions and decisions Leila may have made in the past, she certainly does not deserve this. By all accounts Leila adores her little boy and is a good mother to him. She is so young too, and if she has made mistakes....haven't we all at that age?

Hoping for a good resolution here, as questionable as that might be for now. Look at Jayme Closs, Abigail Hernandez and more. I feel for Leila's family.

It's really unfortunate that there are people out there who have no idea how difficult this is for Leila's family, nor how hurtful they can be. They are unable, unwilling to step in their shoes. A lot of people on those pages just want attention and to show off with their ignorant and disrespectful comments.

Whatever happened, and whatever actions and decisions Leila may have made in the past, she certainly does not deserve this. By all accounts Leila adores her little boy and is a good mother to him. She is so young too, and if she has made mistakes....haven't we all at that age?

Hoping for a good resolution here, as questionable as that might be for now. Look at Jayme Closs, Abigail Hernandez and more. I feel for Leila's family.

I AGREE COMPLETELY!! A GREAT reason to LOVE Websleuths. They don't allow all that nonsense in here.

I’m beginning to feel the same. And, as I said Florida is tricky when it comes to a search. This county, Broward (Hlwd/FtLaud), has 1.9 million people. broward county population - Google Search

I think whatever crime(s) happened to Leila (I sadly suspect sexual assault, homicide) may have happened to her in Hollywood FL - and perhaps happened at a single family residential unit (a detached house - rather than an attached apt. or town home) located within about 4 miles of that Walmart on 301 S State Rd 7

I think the perp possibly arranged to meet up with LC and her son at that convenient Walmart SupetCenter lot (it would have been a large, easy-to-locate landmark for LC to find, esspecially if she had been traveling south from GA along the FL Turnpike. You might even be able to see the SuperCenter from the Turnpike.. Once at the lot, I think they all loaded into the perp's vehicle and then headed to dinner or to his house. Sadly, I think that whatever crime occurred might have occurreed later that same noght, in that house, while Kam was likely asleep in another bedroom.

I think the next morning, the perp may have simply taken Kam and driven his own vehicle (or a friend's vehicle) west into Miramar, where he dropped off poor Kam at a good size apartment complex, knowing that there'd be plenty of people at a complex lthat size who be willing to take Kam in and call authorities, etc. I completely reject any scenario in which Leila and the perp were planning to abandon Kam to go away together somewhere to start a new life. Kam was just too cool. He was the dude.Leila would've never left w/him, but that's just my vibe,

I actually don't think that this case is going to be very hard for LE to solve. After checking digital communication and SM (which should provide a LOT of evidence), checking the Walmart CCTV for both vehicles, checking CCTV of the Walmart and many many other nearby businesses and residences on the way from the Walmart to perp's residence (hopefully they know that car-vehicle).

Then checking CCTV from residential CCTV and business CCTV on the most likely routes from that area of Hollywood to the apartments in Miramar where Kam was dropped off (this is the hard part, as you really don't know where to begin; where was the perp's house? Where they'd "spent the night (and IMO where the crimes were committed)? Again, I presume the house would've to have been located within about a 4 mile radius of the Walmart.

IMO the perp wasn't very clever. There will be Facebook Market communications, NameYourPrice communications, cellphone pings, GPS, vehicle location info/GPS (based on type and year of vehicle), CCTV, (on which he may have been seen) and other.. Find that house though and you might find everything you need to convict (unless he already sanitized the CS - which he very well may have done).

But then he had to put LC somewhere, and I'm clueless about where. I hope I'm wrong about all this pure conjecture, but right now it just seems to make the most sense to me based on what I know now. Very tragic

IMO

Edited: need to learn to write and type

Last edited:
I think whatever happened to Leila (I sadly suspect sexual assault, homicide) may have happened to her in Hollywood FL - and perhaps happened at a single family residential unit (a detached house - rather than an attached apt. or town home) located within about 4 miles of that Waart on 301 S State Rd 7

I think the perp possibly arranged to meet up with LC and her son at that convenient Walmart SupetCenter lot (it would have been a large, easy-to-locate landmark for LC to find, esspecially if she had been traveling south from GA along the FL Turnpike. You might even be able to see the SuperCenter from the Turnpike.. Once at the lot, I think they all loaded into the perp's vehicle and then headed to dinner or to his house. Sadly, I think that whatever crime occurred might have occurreed later that same noght, in that house, while Kam was likely asleep in another bedroom.

I think the next morning, the perp may have simply taken Kam and driven his own vehicle (or a friend's vehicle) west into Miramar, where he dropped off poor Kam at a good size apartment complex, knowing that there'd be plenty of people at a complex lthat size who be willing to take Kam in and call authorities, etc. I completely reject any scenario in which Leila and the perp were planning to abandon Kam to go away together somewhere to start a new life. Kam was just too cool. He was the dude.Leila would've never left w/him, but that's just my vibe,

I actually don't think that this case is going to be very hard for LE to solve. After checking digital communication and SM (which should provide a LOT of evidence), checking the Walmart CCTV for both vehicles, checking CCTV of the Walmart and many many other nearby businesses and residences on the way from the Walmart to perp's residence (hopefully they know that car-vehicle).

Then checking CCTV from residential CCTV and business CCTV on the most likely routes from that area of Hollywood to the apartments in Miramar where Kam was dropped off (this is the hard part, as you really don't know where to begin; where was the perp's house? Where they'd "spent the night (and IMO where the crimes were committed)? Again, I presume house would've have like been within about 4 mile radius of the Walmart.

IMO the perp wasn't very clever. There will be Facebook Market communications, NameYourPrice communications, cellphone pings, GPS, vehicle location info/GPS (based on type and year of vehicle), CCTV, (on which he may bee see) and other.. Find that house though and you might find everything you need to convict (unless he -already sanitized the CS - which he may have define). But he had to put her somewhere. I hope I'm wrong about all this pur conjecture, but right now it just seems to make the most scenes based on what we (shaoukd say ai"I) know? Very tragic

IMO
Very well thought out and unfortunately believable beyond measure. My heart breaks for her family and friends, I was holding out for her safe return. However, like you, I’m leaning toward the “tragic” end as well. It’s scary to think about, possibly a local prep, walking our streets in plain sight.

Last edited:
What makes this even harder is the fact that EVERYONE (or most everyone--especially people in South Florida) is wearing masks because of COVID. If the authorities DO have videos of this person (who took her) it would be REALLY HARD to identify them.

Not everyone here in Florida are wearing masks outside, some do but not all. They put them on before going inside the stores. I will speculate that if someone is committing a possible crime in a Walmart parking lot, the last thing on their mind is probably not about wearing a mask. Walmart has so many cameras in their parking lots and LE in large cities have cameras on most busy streets, hopefully we will hear something very soon.

I think whatever crime(s) happened to Leila (I sadly suspect sexual assault, homicide) may have happened to her in Hollywood FL - and perhaps happened at a single family residential unit (a detached house - rather than an attached apt. or town home) located within about 4 miles of that Walmart on 301 S State Rd 7

Then checking CCTV from residential CCTV and business CCTV on the most likely routes from that area of Hollywood to the apartments in Miramar where Kam was dropped off (this is the hard part, as you really don't know where to begin; where was the perp's house? Where they'd "spent the night (and IMO where the crimes were committed)? Again, I presume the house would've to have been located within about a 4 mile radius of the Walmart.

IMO the perp wasn't very clever. There will be Facebook Market communications, NameYourPrice communications, cellphone pings, GPS, vehicle location info/GPS (based on type and year of vehicle), CCTV, (on which he may have been seen) and other.. Find that house though and you might find everything you need to convict (unless he already sanitized the CS - which he very well may have done).

But then he had to put LC somewhere, and I'm clueless about where. I hope I'm wrong about all this pure conjecture, but right now it just seems to make the most sense to me based on what I know now. Very tragic

IMO

Edited: need to learn to write and type
Agree with this and sadly it’s just a matter of time before we hear the horrible details.

“The family has now hired an attorney.”

https://www.cbs42.com/news/local/walker-county-leila-cavetts-family-searching-for-answers/
The family is saying “they believe the 21-year-old could have been with a man she was in communication with online.”

T
he family isn’t the only one involved since Leila disappeared and her son was found alone in Miramar.

“The child's biological father, 35-year-old Daniel Lee West, of Ellijay, Georgia, is now seeking custody of the child while the search for the missing woman continues.”

“I just want Leila and Kamdyn safe,” West told the Herald. “Leila is a great mom. [She] would do anything for our son.”

Last edited:

Yes I‘ve had the same thought too, carbuff. As @IHAVENOCLUE mentioned, the ole @Foxfire special (jurisdictional blindness).

I checked on this earlier, to see if she specifically mentioned “Florida” though, and it seems per the dad’s quote, that she did. So it seems that was the intention. They also said they believe she was “last seen” in Hollywood.

EDIT (changed dates)
Kamdyn was found around 8:30 Sunday morning.
Walmart Hollywood FL is 18 minutes from where Kamdyn was found.
Walmart Is 9 hr. 38 minutes from Atlanta
That’s a 10 hour drive not counting gas & coffee stops and the time spent inside Walmart’s.
Leila would have to leave around 9:00 pm Saturday night for the 10 hour drive plus an extra hour for gas and coffee stops and the time spent inside Walmart’s.

I wonder if she even ever even in that Walmart. That could’ve just been a post vehicle dump.

Last edited:
Thoughts currently running through my mind:

How many times has Leila gone to Florida before...

Maybe she wasn't introducing Kamdyn to a complete stranger..

Maybe she was going to take the next step...

Thinking out loud, if she’s been lured and harmed by a predator, this person(s) knew they’d be abandoning a baby and leaving a small child without a mother. :mad: Thankfully, though, they left K alive.

Yeah, this has been a concern about all crimes going forward during these times... :( and no rest for wicked either during a pandemic.

Or she arrived to meet someone and they overpowered her and put the baby out and took her? a possibility IMO

Yes, agree. For example, Mackenzie Lueck was incapacitated/ abducted immediately upon meeting AA in the park.

Another thing, she may have realized as soon as she met the person face to face that this was NOT the person she was expecting to meet (catfish).

It sounds like that to me, too. As if she got a message, or a call, or saw or heard something that made her go immediately.

On the other hand, if she made the plan to switch to a truck instead of her car, that could indicate she was planning this longer.

I wonder if LC had a history of impulsive behavior, or any episodes of manic behavior.

MOO

This possibly screams at predatory luring and grooming, lured out in the night: Nicole Lovell, Savannah Pruitt...

I wonder if she was asked to do this, leave at night, “so they could later spend the day at the beach”, or something like that.

—-

“The father said he had plans to visit Leila and Kamdyn in Georgia
, but before he could make it there, he learned the news of his daughter and grandson.”

Investigators believe missing mom left Georgia ‘abruptly,’ her father says

Hmmm.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads