FL - Lincoln(28)/Amanda(26) Germana, missing from IN, found w stolen van & UID baby, Dec'21 Arrests

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

dotr

Reaction score
Couple reported missing in Indiana found with unidentified baby in Volusia County, deputies say
''DELEON SPRINGS, Fla. - A missing couple from Indiana was found in Central Florida in a stolen van with a baby.

Police said the couple was listed as "missing out of Indiana."

Detectives pinged their cellphones to DeLeon Springs State Park in Volusia County.

Deputies staked out the stolen rental van until the pair showed up with a stroller.''

The baby boy is now in the care of the Department of Children and Families while a DNA test is underway.

Body camera from Volusia County deputies captured the moment they recovered the baby from the back of a stolen Penske rental van that was parked at the DeLeon Springs State Park.

Deputies said the baby’s car seat was attached to a makeshift seatbelt with bungee cords in the rear cargo area surrounded by dirty diapers.

Deputies arrested Amanda and Lincoln Germana for grand theft and child neglect.

couple.jpg

According to the incident report, Amanda told deputies the baby was not hers.

''During her first appearance at the Volusia County Jail, the judge made it clear that there will be a no-contact order with the baby to which Amanda spoke up and said, "Can I ask how long?" The judge said she would need to talk to her lawyer.

One week ago, Lincoln Germana’s mother reported the couple missing from Greenwood, Indiana, and was concerned for their 3-year-old daughter they left behind.''

This has to be one of the strangest stories. It sounds like they might both be having a mental health crisis or delusions. certainly not in a fit state to care for a baby (whoever's it is). I think it might be theirs though.

Still unclear about the baby..
Dec 20 2021 rbbm.
Missing Greenwood Couple Found in Florida With Unidentified Baby - 93.1FM WIBC
''Deputies searched the van and found the baby boy in a car seat that was secured with a bungee cord. The car seat was surrounded by dirty diapers.

According to a police report, Amanda Germana told deputies the baby was not hers.

Family members told police that Amanda Germana had a miscarriage and had not given birth since then, making it unclear to whom the baby belonged, reports FOX 13.

Police said that since the arrest, the couple has claimed the baby is theirs, saying it was born at home in Indiana so there were no records. The couple also gave police two different names for the child.

Sheriff’s deputies tell FOX 13 they will use DNA to determine the child’s parentage. The baby boy is being cared for by the Department of Children and Families.

Lincoln and Amanda Germana are both charged with child neglect. FOX 13 reports Lincoln Germana is also charged with grand theft.''

Been decades, but I earned a degree in Human Development.

When adults respond to an infant's verbalizations, the infant quickly learns that the world is a reliable place & will ask when something -- food, dry diaper, entertainment, comfort -- is needed.

When adult responses are unpredictable, or just not there -- the infant makes fewer & fewer sounds and eventually can give up completely because verbalizing doesn't work. :(

(Often followed by failure to thrive, since the baby is not receiving appropriate care.)

Hope children's services placed that baby with a real chatterbox of a foster home, so he hears & learns to use spoken language to get what he needs & wants!

jmho ymmv lrr

Been decades, but I earned a degree in Human Development.

When adults respond to an infant's verbalizations, the infant quickly learns that the world is a reliable place & will ask when something -- food, dry diaper, entertainment, comfort -- is needed.

When adult responses are unpredictable, or just not there -- the infant makes fewer & fewer sounds and eventually can give up completely because verbalizing doesn't work. :(

(Often followed by failure to thrive, since the baby is not receiving appropriate care.)

Hope children's services placed that baby with a real chatterbox of a foster home, so he hears & learns to use spoken language to get what he needs & wants!

jmho ymmv lrr
That was well put. When I had my baby, our paediatrician said it was a good sign she was very vocal about her needs and cried every so often - it meant we had taught her that there would always be someone to answer to her needs. Whenever I meet babies that are totally quiet I wonder what’s going on in their home.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hiyaworld
Back