Found Safe FL - Lula Wise, 87, and great-granddaughter Asia Myers, 5, Jacksonville, 14 Jan 2021

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

CastlesBurning

Reaction score
St. Johns County Sheriff’s Office searching for missing child, 87-year-old

ST. JOHNS COUNTY, Fla. – (1 p.m. update: Lula Wise made a purchase at a convenience store located along Phillips Highway in Jacksonville at 4 a.m., police told News4Jax. Wise purchased items in relation to her medical condition. Police said the great-grandmother and five-year-old were both seeing on surveillance cameras in good conditions.)

(12 p.m. update: Lula’s car was last seen this morning on Old St Augustine Road in the Mandarin area of Jacksonville. Lula came home at 3 a.m. this morning, and sometime later left the home in West Augustine with 5-year old Asia. Lula is diabetic and doesn’t have her insulin. She left her cell phone home so it can’t be traced.)

The St. Johns County Sheriff’s Office is searching for two family members who went missing early Thursday morning.

The report said an 87-year-old family member along with a 5-year-old went missing from the family home, along with a family member’s vehicle.

The missing individuals have been identified as Lula Wise of St. Augustine Florida, along with her great-granddaughter Asia Myers and may be in Ms. Wise’s dark colored 2019 Hyundai Sonata, bearing Florida Tag NAJJ74.

The pair may have left the residence overnight and were last seen on West 3rd Street in St. Augustine.

News4Jax learned that Asia did not go to school on Thursday. A family member came home, and found the two of them gone, along with Lula’s car. The house was not disturbed, and there is no sign of foul play. Family members said Lula has some medical issues befitting her age, but no issues with mental acuity. Investigators are trying to determine if she has a cell phone so it can be traced.

If you have any information regarding the current whereabouts of Lula Wise or Asia Myers, please contact the nearest local law enforcement agency or the St. Johns County Sheriff’s Office at 824-84304.

Attachments

• XUMAJM75EBHUNFORBMTENBXUTQ.jpg
    XUMAJM75EBHUNFORBMTENBXUTQ.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 32
I just drove home from Tampa and saw the electronic signs stating a missing child and the car info. It made me realize I have no idea what a Hyundai Sonata looks like. Anyway, I see this is on the east coast. Of course I watched for dark vehicles with the tag number anyway.

Interesting that Gma's age is 87, she's diabetic but no memory issues mentioned. Perhaps she needed some food item (candy) to help regulate her system. Maybe the little girl was spending the night. I've seen people who's blood sugar dropped so low they couldn't form a coherent sentence. Very odd that they drove that far north tho if they're from St. Augustine but were spotted in Jacksonville.

I’m curious if her car was in the area of Old St Augustine Rd in Mandarin at 3am, then back 30-45min south in St Aug to pick up the girl — was it possible that she was getting her and snacks to wait in line at one of the two vaccination sites in Jacksonville? They’ve had seniors waiting in lines at 4-5am and one of the two locations is directly off of St Augustine road...

This is heartbreaking. I hope she is just lost somewhere and they are otherwise safe. That is quite a distance from the location in Jax to St Augustine. Maybe she had been visiting someone. But in the middle of a school night?

Updated at 2:35EST: by MarilynParkerTV on Twitter (reporter) UPDATE: Confirmed spotting in GA on 95 North. Authorities there now searching for the vehicle. Don’t believe it’s anything criminal, and is possibly just confusion by the 87-year-old.

Updated at 2:35EST: by MarilynParkerTV on Twitter (reporter) UPDATE: Confirmed spotting in GA on 95 North. Authorities there now searching for the vehicle. Don’t believe it’s anything criminal, and is possibly just confusion by the 87-year-old.
Doesn’t have her cell phone or insulin and on I-95 in GA.
Very scary. Hope they find them soon!

Twitter: Jax reporter FCN2go First Coast News: NEW DETAILS: The vehicle of missing 87-year-old Lula Wise was spotted in the last hour on I-95 in Georgia, where Wise has family, according to the St. Johns County Sheriff's Office. Also missing is Wise's great-great-granddaughter, 5-year-old Asia Myers.

(Watch, lol, the person who reported them probably forgot she said she was going to visit family today. That would be my luck. Light humor. Hoping they’re found safely soon and this was all being overly cautious.)

I’m curious if her car was in the area of Old St Augustine Rd in Mandarin at 3am, then back 30-45min south in St Aug to pick up the girl — was it possible that she was getting her and snacks to wait in line at one of the two vaccination sites in Jacksonville? They’ve had seniors waiting in lines at 4-5am and one of the two locations is directly off of St Augustine road...
Did she leave the child alone between the two trips?

I think it might be time to take away Grandma's car keys...:rolleyes:

My Mom is 89. She drove her own car and lived in her own home until 87. But then her lack of judgement began to get in her way.

Her doctor sent a letter to the DMV asking that she pass a Driver's Test in order to keep her license. She didn't pass, so we didn't have to be the 'meanies' to take it away from her. But even then, she was sneaking out to drive on her own. My brother had to hide her car keys.

Even though she still has her wits about her, she does have bouts of confusion, which doesn't mix well with driving or babysitting young ones. JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mjinmidwest
Back