Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
No. Gran tells her she is TOO EARLY for MS to have arrived there
This, to me sounds like a strained relationship between JS and her mom, <modsnip: Name redacted>. We don't know the dynamics at all but we know now that grandma <modsnip: Name redacted> did "not like Stephan" per report, page 00986....

So the whole thing about SS being involved in the dropoff itself could have been a point of contention. Kind of like a "Oh now you're coming to me cuz the BF who I don't like anyway dropped off my granddaughter and you can't find her?"-type of thing. I only think so cuz a very judgemental mom figure is in my life, too.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240619-214957.png
    Screenshot_20240619-214957.png
    148.8 KB · Views: 44
Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone remember this next part, or am I having a false memory: In one of the earliest news interviews, I swear I remember that it was said (by the Grandmother? By JS?) that JS "texted SS to pick up MS for school" (paraphrased). It was only said once, but it seemed to imply that's how she got hold of him that morning. I only remember it because I wondered at the time: she was up early and texted him, why couldn't she just take her? (No intent to be rude to people whose situations are difficult, just struck me, so I recalled it.)
I totally remember that, it was hard to know because it was in Spanish, and we heard a couple different translations, one was she called him to pick her up., " so she told him to take her" another was " bring her" I thought the same thing at the time, which one was it? I think it was the translation done by A.I. and different news channels that made it confusing. I believe that was what the mom was told. Jenn probably didnt tell her mom he was even here, let alone staying with jenn and maddi, and had to explain why he was the one that drove Maddi. (IMO) that was my first clue that there might have been some conflict in the family.

Last edited:
This, to me sounds like a strained relationship between JS and her mom, <modsnip: Name redacted>. We don't know the dynamics at all but we know now that grandma <modsnip: Name redacted> did "not like Stephan" per report, page 00986....

So the whole thing about SS being involved in the dropoff itself could have been a point of contention. Kind of like a "Oh now you're coming to me cuz the BF who I don't like anyway dropped off my granddaughter and you can't find her?"-type of thing. I only think so cuz a very judgemental mom figure is in my life, too.
This made me wonder if Ms left the residence on her own that evening and ended up dead as a result? Do we believe she was killed in the family home? I am not convinced tbh. LE haven’t said yet - only that the SA seems to happened inside the home.

Last edited by a moderator:
Per the roommate, yes, he was trying to move back. At least that's what s/he thought. Pg 872:

View attachment 511728
that clip: he goes back home to mom and dad b/c he couldnt stay at jenns ( I'd love to know why) daddy gives him a job, big surprise it didnt work out , he probably never worked a day. Then the professional couch surfer goes back to Jenns. What does a person do with 1700 photos like that? A person with no money and zero skills.

This made me wonder if Ms left the residence on her own that evening and ended up dead as a result? Do we believe she was killed in the family home? I am not convinced tbh. LE haven’t said yet - only that the SA seems to happened inside the home.
Oh I absolutely agree with you. All I believe is

Maddie was alive at 830pm on Sunday night.
By Monday morning she was seen deceased in the passenger side of the vehicle.

I have a sense she was killed in a vehicle. Carrying a dead body from the condo to a car in the broad morning daylight??? I know neighbors keep to themselves these days.. but that is bordering on fantastical..

I'm looking at pages 554 and 555.
Evidence and Property Report

Samples and swabs from the Nissan. That's whose car???

• Trunk mat
• Pillowcase
• Pocket knife
• Trace filter from seats in the upholstery
Looks like it's a vacuum that takes and stores small particles from a crime scene.
• Soooo many swabs
• one hair from under passenger seat

At this point I think she was killed in the Nissan.

Notably

TWO SWABS FROM STAIN ON INTERIOR FRONT DRIVER DOOR JAMB

STAIN?? What stain? Why would there be a stain on a door jamb? Did someone injure a hand?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240619-223956.png
    Screenshot_20240619-223956.png
    397.6 KB · Views: 24
  • Screenshot_20240619-223947.png
    Screenshot_20240619-223947.png
    358.6 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Ill be glad to hear the COD . I keep thinking about another case a few years ago. Taylor Beal. Wonder if this could be how Maddie died? Murder of Taylor Behl - Wikipedia
A surveillance video showed Behl and Fawley leaving Behl's dormitory together on the night she disappeared.[4] According to police, Fawley told them Behl died accidentally during a consensual sex act (likely erotic asphyxiation) with him in her car at Mathews County, Virginia. He claimed he then panicked and dumped her unburied body in a ravine.

only think so cuz a very judgemental mom figure is in my life, too.

RSBM. JS's mother stated she did not like SS, but honestly, who would like him, as their daughter's boyfriend and granddaughter's "father figure?"

Even if JS's mother judged the relationship between JS and SS, does that really make her "very judgmental?"

Maybe the relationship felt really "off" to JS's family, and isn't it actually a good thing if JS's parents wanted something better for their own daughter and granddaughter?

I suppose I see it as good for her, trying to get that guy away from them, and it wasn't because she's judgmental. But JMO.

Samples and swabs from the Nissan. That's whose car???

TWO SWABS FROM STAIN ON INTERIOR FRONT DRIVER DOOR JAMB

STAIN?? What stain? Why would there be a stain on a door jamb? Did someone injure a hand?
and dogs hit on her car tire...
allegedly they put trackers on their cars the night maddi was reported. ( shannon butler (Vinnie Politan Investigates / court tv ) so they know where he travelled at 4 am that night.
I wonder if he suspected they put a tracker on his car but not hers?
29:41

Last edited:
I've been really wondering about JS saying she asked SS to take "pickup Maddie and take her to school" because she was "going to be tired".

For starters, that would imply she KNEW she was going to be tired. But things just aren't lining up (like with just about every aspect of this case). Also, the roommate decided to go to bed @ 8:45pm, not long after SS arrived. Why? Because she didn't like SS like Maddie's grandmother didn't?

Pg 874 - Maddie's grandmother: View attachment 511702
Gemmie's note - Which is likely why he wasn't invited to the party.

But back to the roommate... does she know more and it's simply convenient to say you're weren't around to notice anything? Or does she just dislike SS like the grandmother? She very well might have picked up bad vibes from him so avoided being around him but that's just a guess on my part.

Things aren't adding up in regards to the timeline:

Sunday night:

8:30 PM - Maddie’s aunt drops her off at home after the party

8:45 PM - SS arrives at Jenn and Maddie’s home (15 minutes after Maddie arrives)

8:45 PM - Roommate View attachment 511704(Pretty much as soon as SS arrived)

10:30 PM - JS arrives home from work

11pm – JS sends Maddie and SS to bed in the upstairs bedroom marked “4” (30 minutes after JS got home)

Monday morning:

9:00 AM - JS gets out of bed (Gemmie's note - had she gone to bed the same time she sent Maddie and SS to bed, she'd have not only gotten a good night's sleep (~9+ hours), she would have been able to drive Maddie to school herself. Instead of getting up at 9am, she could have gotten up 30 min or an hour earlier in order to take Maddie to school and then go to her Dr. appt from there. What is wrong with this picture?). JS used to drop her off no later than 8:50:

View attachment 511705

9:30am – School starts

9:30 AM - JS leaves home to go to a doctor’s appointment

Reviewing the timeline makes me think "I asked SS to pick her up and take her to school" was just a fabrication. I, and others of you, have thought that all along, but now that I put 2 and 2 together in regards to just how much sleep she would have gotten, even if she had to get up 30-60 min earlier (it still could have been ~8 hrs sleep) it's adding up to nothing but a lie.

That lie helps make sense of the something JS said that has puzzled me since the get go. And that's that SS "picked her up" and dropped her off. You don't "pick someone up" if you slept at the same house that night! You only "pick someone up" if you were coming from somewhere else. So, I'm guessing JS tripped herself up in her own lies.

View attachment 511707
What 15 year-old boy goes to bed at 8:45 unless he is sick though?

Was the other teen home Sunday night? If so, you're really telling me he was locked in his room with his mom that early and never came out? No snacks? Bathroom?

It's possible the mom was tired and/or didn't like SS, just wanted privacy, etc. but yeah....doesn't add up to me either how conveniently everyone just "goes to bed, and that was it." in this house.

:(

RSBM. JS's mother stated she did not like SS, but honestly, who would like him, as their daughter's boyfriend and granddaughter's "father figure?"

Even if JS's mother judged the relationship between JS and SS, does that really make her "very judgmental?"

Maybe the relationship felt really "off" to JS's family, and isn't it actually a good thing if JS's parents wanted something better for their own daughter and granddaughter?

I suppose I see it as good for her, trying to get that guy away from them, and it wasn't because she's judgmental. But JMO.
Agree.

Grandmother also stated she wasn't suspicious of SS, just that she didn't like him. It's not that uncommon for family members to not care for a boyfriend, and given the other things we know about SS, what mom WOULD like him?

Take away the child abuse and murder, and he's still a creepy loser. I wouldn't encourage my kids to have a relationship with someone like him. If they were, and you asked, easy answer lol

It's really no surprise that Grandma, though she reportedly could not really articulate specific reasons why, did not really care for Stephan.

He has limited gumption and therefore has no job. At nearly 40, he moved back to his parents house 2+ hours away to work, but that job didn't work out either. And instead of being grateful for their hospitality, he tends to just complain about them.
Despite contributing $0 to the household, he has his OWN room, separate from Jen's at the condo, while they rent out the other rooms and Maddie has essentially no room.

He spends the money he does somehow "magically" have at vape shops, on Tamagachi and other various toys and fake trips to McDonalds. Notice that for his pretend alibi, there's no mention of errands which included going places to fill out job applications, to drop-off his resume or to have job interviews. But he did manage to make not 1 but 2 trips to the vape shop. He also, apparently cannot change a tire by himself even if given 3-5 hours to do it.

He's been her on again off again boyfriend for 7 years, with no clear intention of marrying her and based on the dates given by the woman he was seeing & told the "erection story" to, there is either overlap in his relationships or the off times in their relationship can be quite long periods of time. But he returns. Because where else is he going to go and "eat all the food?"

Though whether Grandma recognizes it or not, Jen's no winner either, so it's no surprise these two would find each other because you tend to attract what you put out there and/or are willing to tolerate.

If you read the rest of their write up of what they told Le, you’ll notice they said SS arrived a week before Ms went missing. You’ll also notice they saw Ms walking the dog on the day or so (Sat or Sun) before she was killed which they thought was notable because usually JS did that. They also said they’d seen SS enter the car belonging to JS in the days before Ms was missing. That’s a lot!

So why did SS tell Le he arrived on he guessed Sunday, the night of the party? He’d clearly been there awhile already.
IMG_3927.jpeg
IMG_3928.jpeg
Here’s the report about the neighbor couple’s Interview. Pg. 61-62 of the Dropbox PDF file.

It appears they were initially contacted and interviewed on 2/28 and the officer later returned to their residence and recorded an interview containing the same information they initially provided to have an official record of it. We don’t exactly know what constitutes “later” but I think it was probably the following day (2/29), as that’s the date the report is signed.

On 2/28 (or possibly 2/29) the couple said they saw SS “a couple days back going into ______ white’s vehicle”. A couple days before 2/28 would be 2/26, so that makes sense to me. The report also says the couple “had not seen until approximately a week ago”. There’s an important word missing from that sentence, but I think it’s safe for us to assume the author of the report meant to type “had not seen Stephan until approximately a week ago”.

All of this is to say — because the neighbors qualified their sightings of Stephan with terms like approximate and couple of days, I think these timeframes are rough estimates. They were much more definitive about when “they saw three people at _____’s door” (Monday night).

I don’t believe a word SS or JS says about anything (and they’ve both expressed uncertainty at times about the day SS arrived — which is dumb and unbelievable because how could they not know that!) …but I don’t know if we can accept vague estimates as proof that he arrived before Sunday night either. SS is a proven liar either way.

I am curious about the communication between SS and JS prior to his arrival in Kissimmee. Were they getting back together? Did they make plans for the future, especially plans that seem like they would not include MS? Or was everything in the relationship between SS and JS according to his will and JS just accepted whatever plans he had the moment they came up?
JS LE interview she states he was planning on staying THE WEEK. but its a head scratcher why she 'couldnt remember' when he arrived that weekend, saying Sat or Sunday??????? BS. likewise for him...during his audio LE interview released, he couldnt IMMEDIATELY remember when asked when he arrived that weekend, but then settles on sunday evening "after the BD party".

JS LE Interview:
"The reason Stephan moved out of the home is because he was offered a job by his father; however, the job fell through, and he is trying to move back. Typically when Stephan visits he will stay for a few days; however this time, he planned to stay for a week. Stephan either arrived on Saturday, February 24, or the morning of Sunday. February 25; however, not remember when."

Will someone please lmk where we can find info on the cars?

- The Lincoln is registered to dad of SS, it's the hooptie that SS "caught a flat tire". That much I understand

- The Nissan? Who is the owner?

- 3rd car? Is there a third car? What is it?

Sorry I'm so lost on this... so much mention of the Lincoln and now all of a sudden, talk of swabs and samples from the Nissan and the trunk?

If JS was waiting at the school an hour before school let out, and Maddie didn’t come out, why would she think Maddie might have walked to her mom’s office? Without JS seeing her?
Exactly. nonsensical that she would 'think' she exited and began walking when she's sitting right there in front. instead of pulling away and parking and going in to check for her, SHE LEAVES. and she didnt drive to her mother's business first, according to grandmom JS called her first to see if Madeline was there. how could she be there? Madeline would not be permitted to leave the school ahead of the bell without authorization for early dismissal.

If Maddie and SS were both in the home that night, where did SS have to “pick her up” from?
further in her LE interview, JS begins a new narrative....she wasnt sure if she told Madeline she was picking her up?????? ...well according to JS she was there an hour early, therefore Madeline exiting the school would see her ride, no confusion as what she knew about pickup or not. ALL BS in my opinion. there was no reason to assume Madeline was on foot because she was right there waiting for AN HOUR before the bell.

I’ve asked the same thing in the last thread!! Then when she isn’t at the office, does she go back to the school? Call them frantically? No. Gran tells her she is TOO EARLY for MS to have arrived there. So JS decides to park her butt in her car along the road and WAIT for awhile before she goes back to the now closed school. Seriously. Not sure but I think she called the friend of MS before she even emailed the school so by the time she called the school, if she called and spoke to the the friend first then she already heard from the friend that Ms hasn’t been in class all day. So much nonsense!!
its difficult to understand the order in which she responded to "Madeline wasnt there at pickup" and who she called or emailed first. during the onsite LE bodycam, she says she received an EMAIL from the school that she was absent all day. I thought it was just autocalls but she said EMAIL. we know now the school's notifications via autocall about absenteeism were later, around 5:30-6pm(which has now been changed). next breath, she contacted the teacher who confirmed by checking her attendance record.

there was no reason for JS to believe her daughter walked when she was sitting right there for over an hour prior to the bell. secondly, I know Im banging the drum repeatedly, she DID NOT check to see if she was still in the school.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back