Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Sunrise was at 6:53 am Feb 26th in Orlando, so first light was about ~6:23. I think by virtue of the fact that he wasn't spotted on the condo complex cameras carrying her, we have to assume he was able to do so discreetly/in darkness.
Good point about sunrise times. Either that or no cameras pointed in the direction of the front door and car which is entirely possible.

Sunrise was at 6:53 am Feb 26th in Orlando, so first light was about ~6:23. I think by virtue of the fact that he wasn't spotted on the condo complex cameras carrying her, we have to assume he was able to do so discreetly/in darkness.
I think so too, the way their apartment faces , there is really only one unit that could have captured anything definite ( if they had a ring) the other units facing the parking lot, would have had a more limited view.

Last edited:
LE was aware of the complex parking lot footage on 2024-02-28 and was talking to JS just before they arrested SS. I wonder why they chose the next day to inform her they believed MS was dead? Maybe they thought after SS was arrested JS might reveal something? I wonder why that conversation was not described in any incident reports in the doc dump? Maybe they didn't consider it an interview? I also wonder if LE believed MS was dead based off of the initial security gate footage that showed SS leaving the parking lot (found on the 27th) or if they weren't confident until the footage at the trash compactor (found on the 28th).
I woke up thinking about when they told JS on the 29th that they believed Maddie was dead. What I'm wondering is what her reaction was to that news. And I don't mean that her child is deceased, but because of HOW they knew that. (saw Maddie looking deceased in SS's car). Even if that's not in the data dump because it wasn't a true interview (I don't know if that's the reason, it's a guess as to why), you'd think noting her reaction to the news would be considered important enough to include. Sure, a mother is likely to be really upset at the news, but what about the news of who they think did it? Her lover and Maddie's "step-father" of 7 or so years. And whatever that reaction was, was it believable in LE's minds? Or did it look and feel like an act?

JMO

I woke up thinking about when they told JS on the 29th that they believed Maddie was dead. What I'm wondering is what her reaction was to that news. And I don't mean that her child is deceased, but because of HOW they knew that. (saw Maddie looking deceased in SS's car). Even if that's not in the data dump because it wasn't a true interview (I don't know if that's the reason, it's a guess as to why), you'd think noting her reaction to the news would be considered important enough to include. Sure, a mother is likely to be really upset at the news, but what about the news of who they think did it? Her lover and Maddie's "step-father" of 7 or so years. And whatever that reaction was, was it believable in LE's minds? Or did it look and feel like an act?

JMO
I remember them saying "she reacted just as any mother would, hearing that news", I took that to mean a natural reaction and believable. Does anyone else remember hearing that? I doubt I can find a source. As for her questioning who may have killed her? or how they knew? We have never heard a word.

I remember them saying "she reacted just as any mother would, hearing that news", I took that to mean a natural reaction and believable. Does anyone else remember hearing that? I doubt I can find a source. As for her questioning who may have killed her? or how they knew? We have never heard a word.
I remember that from Chief Holland during the joint presser believing that Madeline was deceased:

Sheriff Mina: " detectives from the CMI Police Department met with madeline's mother and they had to tell her the very devastating news that although we have not found meline uh we are now confident that she is dead so our efforts will be focused on recovering..."

Chief Holland:

yeah so obviously detectives have spoken um to her mother and you know as you can imagine um the reaction that any parent would have

I remember that from Chief Holland during the joint presser believing that Madeline was deceased:

Sheriff Mina: " detectives from the CMI Police Department met with madeline's mother and they had to tell her the very devastating news that although we have not found meline uh we are now confident that she is dead so our efforts will be focused on recovering..."

Chief Holland:

yeah so obviously detectives have spoken um to her mother and you know as you can imagine um the reaction that any parent would have
Thanks for finding that, I knew I heard it somewhere.

JMO
As well, at this point (the 29th), SS had already been arrested. SS and JS were both at the Sheriff’s office for the scheduled press conference on the 28th. I don’t know if the original plan was to have either one of them appearing at the conference, but they reinterviewed both at that time and during the course of interviews with SS they decided to seek an arrest warrant for SS. Then the press conference was held at 15:33, then later that evening SS was arrested.

I don’t recall if it was publicly stated, but presumably SS was still at the Sheriff’s office when he was arrested, and if he hadn’t gone home I can’t imagine JS would have gone home. So IMO it only makes sense that JS would have found out about the arrest while she was still at the Sheriff’s office. But information on that conversation isn’t in the doc dump, despite other conversations from that night being in there.

For what it’s worth I think the absence of information there is a clear indication that at that time, LE did not suspect JS to be knowingly involved in MS’s disappearance at that point.

Might also be worth pointing out that we know JS was shown photos of SS abusing MS and asked if she recognized the people in them. However, to my recollection, we don’t have any knowledge of any other conversations in which LE gives JS any information on what they think happened (including when they told her on the 29th they believed MS was dead, but also if they ever told her SS’s story wasn’t matching hers ,etc.)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mareno
Back