Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Im not saying she was involved in Maddi's murder or the cover-up, but she did some things that made her look suspicious, If she didn't do it to cover for him, then what other reason could there be?
If not to protect him, then to protect herself. She certainly didn’t say those discrepancies to protect her daughter since Madeline was missing and LE needed the right information to find her. MOO

JS isn’t a victim of bad choices. I refuse to minimize what happened to Ms to this sentiment. JS invited the monster into their lives and didn’t just keep him there - she sent her child to bed with him. Repeatedly. I don’t care if she is charged or not as nothing will bring her daughter back anyhow and she has to live with this for the rest of her life but I think it’s a great disservice to the memory of Ms to minimize this down to JS is a victim of bad choices.

Ontario Mom - I quoted your post but this is NOT directed at you personally and I’m sorry if it comes across as an attack. It isn’t meant to be and was only a jumping off point for what I believe is the larger issue of how things like this continue to happen in society time after time. :(
It didn't come across that way, I understand your compassion and appreciate it.
We just see things differently.

Instead of minimizing the horrific act against Madaline, I see it as maximizing the evil SS is responsible for.
Everyone who loved that girl is a victim of SS, in one way or another, based on what he did to her.
It isn't just children who are groomed by sexual predators, it's their parents & other adults in their lives as well.
My heart goes out to every adult who's ever been in this same situation where a vile child rapist weaseled their way into their lives the way they do.

jmo

It didn't come across that way, I understand your compassion and appreciate it.
We just see things differently.

Instead of minimizing the horrific act against Madaline, I see it as maximizing the evil SS is responsible for.
Everyone who loved that girl is a victim of SS, in one way or another, based on what he did to her.
It isn't just children who are groomed by sexual predators, it's their parents & other adults in their lives as well.
My heart goes out to every adult who's ever been in this same situation where a vile child rapist weaseled their way into their lives the way they do.

jmo
Why minimize any of it at all? SS told a woman he dated briefly that he had woken in a bed with Ms with an erection and had to turn away. If he made this comment to a woman he had not been with for very long, what comments might he have made to JS whom he had a long standing relationship with? I’m sorry, I simply do not see JS as a victim of SS. She isn’t blameless here and she has massive responsibility for what her daughter endured.

It's important to remember, LE never once accused JS of giving them conflicting statements.
That allegation was made my media (and the reason stated for us allowing to discuss her as a suspect), and fed by other media & folks in the social media sphere, and folks here & elsewhere discussing her.

Given what happened to her child, I will 100% see her as a victim (of both poor choices as well as a predatory child raping murderous monster) until or unless LE tells me that is not the case.

So far, they have not given me reason to believe that.

jmo
I totally hear you, but IMO LE did accuse her of doing just that, or at least prosecutors and their investigators (who are LE) did. They didn't do it publicly, but it is all there in the nearly 900 pages released by prosecution. The press may have been who put it together for the public, but we here at WS were already aware and discussing her public statements that weren't adding up.

I totally hear you, but IMO LE did accuse her of doing just that, or at least prosecutors and their investigators (who are LE) did. They didn't do it publicly, but it is all there in the nearly 900 pages released by prosecution. The press may have been who put it together for the public, but we here at WS were already aware and discussing her public statements that weren't adding up.
IMO the press read the same 896 page data dump that we did and came to the same conclusion most of us here have. "several inconsistencies" are the words LE used (Pg 876).

Wondering: as it relates to topic of DP vs LWOP or alternative sentence, if the chip SS had to play might involve additional victims. Multiple examples where an SK avoided the DP by revealing victims for which the connection had never been made, or for revealing the location of remains. Gary Ridgway comes to mind immediately....
Completely speculative on my part...

I agree JS parenting skills were severely lacking. This could be related to her medical / mental health conditions. Ones that’s she publicly admitted to, and ones that may be undiagnosed.

Sadly, there are many adults with undiagnosed ADHD, Autism, depression or anxiety. JMO

During the evaluation phase, the way the psychiatrist described it to us was, “spin the wheel” and whichever diagnosis it lands on, is the main diagnosis that is treated first.

By spin the wheel it means evaluations have been done and conclusions have been made. Treatment begins.

The remaining 3 diagnoses are co-morbid. They’re there, they affect the primary diagnosis, there may be more meds, behavioral modifications needed, as the entire patient is analyzed & treated.

While SS bears full responsibility for MS’s abuse and death, he surely recognized way back in the beginning, that JS was “moldable.” It’s possible that “applying gentle pressure” so to speak, combined with JS’s possible inability to recognize social cues, inherent red flags, motherly instinct, she felt MS was safe, particularly over time. JMO

I strongly suspect, JS will never be formally charged with anything. It’s never about what is right or wrong, it’s about what you can prove in a court of law.

How would prosecutors prove she was a lousy parent? If her medical issues became known in court, what punishment would right the wrong of her undiagnosed mental illness? How would jail time or even probation help? Yes, if she committed a punishable crime, she should be charged.

She needs long term mental healthcare. Unemployed, uninsured people don’t get that unless they’re a danger to others. The legal effort, the financial impact to the taxpayers, would be a waste. JMO

The court of public opinion has already crucified JS. She’s done, her career is done, her family relationships are fractured, no doubt any friends she had, have evaporated. Who would even want to be her roommate at this point?

All my opinion based on experience with my own differently-abled child.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Onus
Back