Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Frequently, this is not an easy question to answer. I could not tell you what pyjamas my child is wearing in bed right now, except it is shorts and a long-sleeved shirt. My child is ten and dresses independently, after teeth brushing, comes to the living room with a blanket wrapped around them, jumps into bed with a blanket wrapped around them, and tuck them in. I could only say pyjama shorts and a long-sleeved top; I don't know what colour, but they have several.
I’d second this thought: like I can say the type of clothing they’re wearing (shorts and cropped T-shirt) but which precise colours I have no clue

I took JS saying " until after everything happened" to mean something else, but I do not think I can mention it here. I took it to mean after everything happened, she was told of a health condition her deceased child had been in at her death, and once knowing that health condition, she remembered in hindsight that she hadn't seen any signs of menstruation and 'didn't notice until after everything happened".
This is just speculation, though.
But it is always good to understand all perspectives.

I'm not sure I agree with the speculation that "until everything happened" was a health condition or worse.

During questioning, JS said she was aware of MS period in January on her own calendar app but not in February but was not alarmed because MS cycle was not regular.

MS was killed on Feb 29 and no opportunity to experience whether she had a "late" cycle.

When asked about whether or not she purchased sanitary supplies for MS for February or if MS purchased her own, JS acknowledged she made the purchase for MS in January but didn't realize she didn't make any purchase of supplies for MS in February "until everything happened."

IMO, I think this could easily be referring to not until MS went missing and JS was being questioned specifically about the why's and where's MS could have vanished.

The above all stemmed from a question to JS that LE understood JS had an app to track MS's period, and JS clarified that she used a calendar of her own (not an app for MS).

Also, I did not notice any dead air during these specific questions where they went off record and/or muted the audio. I think if this conversation was referring to medical matters there would have been a mute during the part. JMO

From transcript of YT on 4/18/24:
JS
LE/DA

55:08
for the most part she prefers to sleep with my mom okay um now my understand is that you had some sort of period tracker
55:14
that you kept track of mine's period with I had a calendar app that I would write I would write what days she would
55:20
get her period yeah and obviously meline doesn't have a job so she's not going out and buying the product that she
55:26
would need if she had her period right you would have to do that for her mhm is that a yes yes so do you remember her
55:34
using any of those products um at all in February because I assume you take the
55:40
trash out or does she take the trash out or how's all this work I take the trash out
55:45
um in February no I didn't notice her using any of her feminine hyen products
55:52
did you have any conversations with her about that uh no but I didn't notice until
55:58
after everything like because it would have been due like at the beginning of February and this all happens at the end
56:05
of February so she's almost due again in March so you never had any conversations with her about not having her period at
56:12
the beginning of February no there have been she's had other periods that have been missed or like super late so I just
56:18
assumed this was going to be one of those situations again okay um but no I
56:25
didn't um did you ever discuss her periods or lack of periods with
56:31
Stefan I don't think so um it's my understanding that Maddie

Frequently, this is not an easy question to answer. I could not tell you what pyjamas my child is wearing in bed right now, except it is shorts and a long-sleeved shirt. My child is ten and dresses independently, after teeth brushing, comes to the living room with a blanket wrapped around them, jumps into bed with a blanket wrapped around them, and tuck them in. I could only say pyjama shorts and a long-sleeved top; I don't know what colour, but they have several.
Idk, my LO is almost 2 but I feel as though i would have the last night I saw her emblazoned on my mind as a mother. I would be retreading my memories and picturing it in vivid detail, it would be mercilessly invasive but that is me. Perhaps JS was too drug addled to remember much else other than SS likely waking her up in a panic bc Maddie was dead. Everything after that I would assume would be a vivid nightmare that would be hard to forget.

When children go missing these days, there is almost always a description of the clothing they were seen in. JS was correcting SS in ththe body cam footage about what Madeline was allegedly wearing that day but she didn’t remember the pajamas?

Maybe bc Maddie never went in her room but was probably being abused by the time she got home, or was dead. JS was likely eating her pub sub in her room long after Maddie would have had her bedtime routine. JS probably did her usual head-in-the-sand routine, texted him “make sure she goes to bed NOW” ie “make you’re you’re done abusing her and let her sleep” went his reply about the while “she’s made her nest” BS was a total lie.

At some point JS was awakened to Stephen telling her MS had died. And that was the start of the coverup and disposal process.

And when did they watch Sister Act?
oh that must have been after " Maddi showed them all her gifts :rolleyes:" but now in this interview she just got wads of money and a few trinkets.
a few points that stood out to me were:
didnt SS call jenn that night and tell her Maddi already took her nighttime meds and was doing or done her nighttime routines? In this interview did jenn say she told SS to wait till she got home to take her meds? not saying anything more than their stories are never straight, most of her answers are " she cant remember" or doesnt know, After all she has just found out, you'd think she'd at least speak to the " I cant risk it" statement. Instead, she has no idea what she meant by that. That's just bizarre.

It bothered me how she spoke of SS being her best friend and she trusted him with her daughter, her tone almost felt like she was sad about him instead of angry at what he did. Its been about 7 weeks since she found out her daughter was SA'd for years by her BFF and then murdered, and she still sounds almost sympathetic to him, describing how in the past she wanted to help him get back on his feet, he was her BFF, etc etc, I don't sense any regret. It's just all so off.

Last edited:
I don't sense any regret. It's just all so off.
^^rsbm

Yes, SS is textbook predator but JS has been "so off" since we first met her!

This has to be the sickest, co-dependent couple that I think I've ever witnessed. It pains me to say that I think without SS to help her "raise MS," she'd rather MS be gone and so it is what it is. It's like a sense of relief for her, right?

And if MS survived, JS wouldn't have the energy to invest in another subject that can mooch of of her in exchange for step-dad duties. JMO

Im extremely curious what evidence LE has. Some questions they asked could be really interesting. Small snippet;

Okay, now when you go to sleep, do you sleep through the night or do you kind of wake up and not have consistent good sleep?
*JS said, i sleep through the night.*

Okay so there wouldn't be any points in time where you get up and your taking steps or just checking on your phone, because you can't go back to sleep. As far as you remember, when you go to sleep your out until the dog thing in the morning?
*JS said, yeah and some mumbling i could not understand.*
Bolded by reference. Interesting that they specificly asked steps and checking her phone.

So Stephan said something like MS is building her nest and getting settled in would that, do you mean like her stuff is part of this nest or what do you think that would mean if you know.
*JS said, Im not sure.*

Okay, do you recall getting that text from stephan that night, that MS had settled into her nest for the night?
*JS said, i don't remember the texts no.*

Okay, my understanding was that at some point you told them it was time to go to bed.
*JS said, yeah.*

And do you recall about what time that was?
*JS said, around 11:00.*

So thats consistent with getting home at 10:30, having this half hour discussion and eating your pub sub?
*JS nods yes, LE clarifies if it is a yes and she said yes.*

Do they comply with your wishes to go upstairs when you say that about 11:00?
*JS said, uh yes, they do. uhm...*

Is there any further communication between either you and MS or you and SS about, allright kids, time to go to bed. Anything like that? Or was that the last you had heard from either one of them that night?
*JS said, i think at some point, stephan comes downstairs to use the restroom and then goes back upstairs. But i don't, after that i don't recall interacting or saying anything to SS.*

Okay, and my understanding is that you had some sort of parental controls over MS phone. Is that accurate?
*JS said, im not sure by parental controls exactly. I didn't have any limits or anything on the phone. *

Well like for instance if she wanted to install game pigeon does that have to go through you?
*JS said, yeah yeah yeah, so any permission for any apps she would have to ask me for.*
I wondered, why JS would text only with SS, when her teenage daughter should go to bed NOW. JS could have ordered her daughter herself to go to bed; that would be the normal way in my eyes. But I just had a lightbulb flashing up: Maddie wasn't allowed to take her phone into room #4, probably always and of course for a certain reason, so JS had to have her conversation only with SS (which would have been the usual way: talking with the "special nanny"). MOO

I thought LE and JS mentioned it helped JS and Maddie stay on top of making sure Maddie had hygienic supplies needed for home and school by the time her period is expected to start
What a silly excuse. You can also have the supplies in stock, but JS "doesn't know". Probably SS was the buyer of such supplies and mentioned to JS, he would need a calendar for knowing, when he had to fulfill one of his many duties as a lovely substitute mother. Don't tell me, JS didn't check, what the true reason would have been. MOO is, that JS and SS had their secret agreement re all the intimacies.

Im extremely curious what evidence LE has. Some questions they asked could be really interesting. Small snippet;

Bolded by reference. Interesting that they specificly asked steps and checking her phone.

They also asked if she wore a fitbit/counter device while she slept and JS said no.

I don't think it's so much that they have any smoking gun evidence on JS but want to be prepared for what the defense claims or will allege.

For example, if SS says that JS went upstairs to room #4 and did ...... the State can refute this claim because they know JS did not a stir before SS came inside her room fumbling with the dog leash. JMO

I thought LE and JS mentioned it helped JS and Maddie stay on top of making sure Maddie had hygienic supplies needed for home and school by the time her period is expected to start
I guess we are expected to believe that, but the picture below doesnt look like they plan month to month, and if it's to have supplies for school, most people can tell when its going to happen, so just have supplies on hand, in your locker, in your knapsack, just in case. No need to track like that.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-09-09 at 2.31.10 AM.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-09-09 at 2.31.10 AM.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
They also asked if she wore a fitbit/counter device while she slept and JS said no.

I don't think it's so much that they have any smoking gun evidence on JS but want to be prepared for what the defense claims or will allege.

For example, if SS says that JS went upstairs to room #4 and did ...... the State can refute this claim because they know JS did not a stir before SS came inside her room fumbling with the dog leash. JMO

That could be possible too. Thanks for the reminder.
Do you think JS is on their investigative radar or is it all for a case against SS in trial.

That could be possible too. Thanks for the reminder.
Do you think JS is on their investigative radar or is it all for a case against SS in trial.

The derivative use immunity by the State Attorney took JS off the radar for me. The DA is who decides to prosecute a case and they are pursuing death for SS so they want a strong case ready for court. IMO, they know they have a big job preparing JS as a state witness. She's not sympathetic. JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliver
Back