Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Around the 4:33 mark, from an interview with Maira Tagler

Begin interview:
Today's date is February 27th 2024 the time is 2332 hours going to speak with Jennifer Soto. Hey, Jennifer I haven't introduce myself my name is Maira Tagler I'm a detective with the Sheriff's Office.

Later on in the audio, just kidding resonse:
Det MT: What time did the police take her phone?
JS: Oh, just kidding, just kidding yeah they they took it they took it I don't have it anymore.
Do you happen to have the timestamp on that comment? I'd like to listen to what was said before that, but 7+ hrs is way too long to try to find a small snippet. I started before the 4:33 mark as you posted and listened for several minutes after that, and it's some guy interviewing her, no introduction from a Maira.

TIA.

Do you happen to have the timestamp on that comment? I'd like to listen to what was said before that, but 7+ hrs is way too long to try to find a small snippet. I started before the 4:33 mark as you posted and listened for several minutes after that, and it's some guy interviewing her, no introduction from a Maira.

TIA.
At 4:35:15.

TIA.
The Jennifer interview starts at 4:13:27, if you look at the interview it says 'Jennifer' if you mouse over it at that time. I don't have the exact time stamp, but it is somewhere around the 4:33:00 mark.

ETA: Corrected time stamp found in description of video.

At 4:35:15.
Thanks!! I miraculously stumbled upon it while y'all were answering me and typing up what was said before. If I can find a needle in a haystack I think it's a good day to buy a lottery ticket. lol

I wasn't finding it at 4:33 in (4 min, 33 sec) as it was ~4 hrs 34 min, 45 seconds in. It's best to give timestamps in HH:MM:SS as this OP did. :)

4:34:45 –

LE - Did you leave the house at any point with her phone for… after this?
JS - I don’t believe so, no.

LE - OK
JS – I think it’s been home all day today too.

LE - It’s been home all day today?
JS - I’m pretty sure, yeah.

LE - What time did the police take her phone?
JS - Oh. Just kidding, just kidding, yeah. They took, it. They took it. I don’t have it anymore.

But if she doesn't attend the trial, I think it would be understandable. Not everyone can handle that. I recall a different case in which the mother requested to not be told by anyone the details of how her children were murdered. Sometimes families leave the courtroom for parts of trials. People can't always handle the load of painful details.

She has not been charged with any crime.
While this may be true in some cases, each state has its own rules to determine whether a witness who is also a victim or the victim’s next of kin, or the guardian of a minor victim can attend the rest of the trial or if they must be sequestered. In Florida this is Statute 90.616 -exclusion of witnesses.
Even as a witness, the victim’s mother in this case will be permitted to attend the rest of the trial. The defense can and likely will motion to have the witness sequestered, and if they can show that the presence of this witness during the trial will prejudice the defendant the judge will rule on the motion after making a decision on the question of prejudice.

JS, the queen of waiting....and sleeping... waits over an hour in a car line, Madeline doesnt come out...she leaves.

so she WAITS again by parking her car with a view towards a walkway Madeline might use to walk to her gm's place of business...

and she WAITS again at home while everyone is out searching.

then add in SS's first account of coming back from the vape shop and it was closed ...at 10:15 he came home. he claims JS was SLEEPING IN and she was just waking up. and hung out with her. then he went out again when the vape shop opened and she wanted to take another nap and he ran his errands around noon.

but she claims her appointment was at 10:15am and got home between 11 and 11:30. but when she gave that account, it was the longest pause to back into the times she provided regarding that morning.

he gave this account 2x regarding JS in the home that morning at 10:15am. but the third time, he says to the other detective, 'he thinks she was here when he returned, but she had a blood appt he says, he wants to check, they said they will ask her, but he continues to say, yes she had to be here because she was sleeping in as much as possible. Im sure LE knows....I would just like to hear it! I seem to recall she supposedly had 2 appts that day but cancelled one? does anyone remember that?

its interesting to me to go back to his initial interview and hear his answers. and how additional details kind of emerged between them. him, a VERY EARLY BUSY MORNING AND AFTERNOON (we know why)...JS, I wouldnt be surprised if yet another change is made to her sunday evening story and its yet to be released.

With all of the sleeping, napping, vape shopping, game card shopping, errand running, appointments and carrying on with their days, I cannot find any instance where JS or SS mention he was washing clothes as observed by roomate Angelica on pages 36, 44, 45

https://www.scribd.com/document/761331151/24001809-Stephen-Sterns-Documents-released-by-Kissimmee-PD-regarding-the-investigation-into-Madeline-Sotos-murder

<snipped for focus> … I am very interested in knowing what this is, so if anyone knows, please let me know. (Unless you are thinking of "selective mutism?" But I thought that was that under stress, or in certain places such as at school, someone can't talk at all, or can barely talk?) ETA: And although understandably nervous, she was able to form sentences, etc. IMO.
@ChatteringBirds, maybe this will be helpful: In LD circles difficulty with oral expression is sometimes referred to as a demand language deficit or having word retrieval challenges. For people with learning differences, language retrieval is often exacerbated in stressful situations or during periods of anxiety. I don’t know if you are thinking of symptoms or an actual medical disorder. I am not speaking in a professional capacity but know this from exposure to lots of kids in special education and talking with speech pathologists and special ed teachers. I also understand that some people on the spectrum (of autism) can be non verbal or display very diminished use of oral language.

ADDED: As far as inconsistencies in JS’s fluency, it sounds like she had a variety of psycho-pharm drugs at her disposal as well as a prescription for medical marijuana. If she has been influenced at all by SS’s patterns of self medication, I think we can also consider that unadvised mixing of some of her prescriptions and/or adding pot, and/or over use/abuse could result in all kinds of cognitive side effects. MOO.

Last edited:
@ChatteringBirds, maybe this will be helpful: In LD circles difficulty with oral expression is sometimes referred to as a demand language deficit or having word retrieval challenges. For people with learning differences, language retrieval is often exacerbated in stressful situations or during periods of anxiety. I don’t know if you are thinking of symptoms or an actual medical disorder. I am not speaking in a professional capacity but know this from exposure to lots of kids in special education and talking with speech pathologists and special ed teachers. I also understand that some people on the spectrum (of autism) can be non verbal or display very diminished use of oral language.

ADDED: As far as inconsistencies in JS’s fluency, it sounds like she had a variety of psycho-pharm drugs at her disposal as well as a prescription for medical marijuana. If she has been influenced at all by SS’s patterns of self medication, I think we can also consider that mixing some of her prescriptions together and/or adding pot, and/or over use could result in all kinds of cognitive side effects. MOO.
I have three children with ADHD/Autism and two who do not. The three with needed speech therapy at a young age (before adhd/aut diagnosis), the other two did not need speech therapy.

Your post reminded me of this.

Also I could be completely wrong but does dysplasia have speech symptoms? Does anyone know

I have three children with ADHD/Autism and two who do not. The three with needed speech therapy at a young age (before adhd/aut diagnosis), the other two did not need speech therapy.

Your post reminded me of this.

Also I could be completely wrong but does dysplasia have speech symptoms? Does anyone know
God bless you! These diagnosis add an extra level of challenge to parenting, which is already an intense task!

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TRussell
Back