Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He did laundry, according to the housemate, which she said she'd never seen him do before, if I recall correctly.

MOO
Curious if his excuse was the dog was on the bed, and JS went along with the story of him putting a leash on the dog and she bolted up because the dog pees on the bed.

Who walked the dog and when that morning?

jmo

Pathetic the roommate had never seen him do laundry before. What a guy.
She said 'washing clothes', but I would query whether she actually sighted the items he was washing or whether she just saw him using the machine.

I imagine that to cover up, there would have been both clothing and bedding that needed to be cleaned.

MOO

Tbf it could be very likely she’s in psych. It’s not a pleasant place and it’s as close to jail as I’ve ever been. However, she gets to wake up every day without being assaulted or left to decompose in a field.

I’m aghast that there is a possibility she saw her daughter’s lifeless body long before she was shown a picture by LE, and she was still able to put on an act. How does one just eat, sleep, and sit down for interviews day after day without spiraling into the abyss?

This is what I mean about 0 maternal instinct. I can’t imagine how devastating it is for Maddie’s family to learn the true details of JS’s behavior, what she allowed and enabled. I know that “family is family” but idk how anyone doesn’t disown a woman like this, truly.

Sweet Madeline. How I wish she had had the safety she needed to speak up about the abuse. More and more, I pray to the universe JS is charged and she doesn’t get to walk away from this without legal consequences. I hope that JS is convinced to take the stand. I want to see a prosecutor dismantle her facade of being too “foggy” and “trusting” with hard evidence. Orange and Osceola County are supposed to have been stepping up their violent crimes units to ensure criminals are punished with severity. While JS may not entirely fit the standard, she enabled violent, preventable, and inexcusable crimes.

SS is a soulless beast, but none of it had to happen if JS had just cared about her daughter more than keeping him close. There were countless opportunities over the years for JS to intervene and prevent what appears to be the inevitable. With him being mentally ill, abusive, predatory, and a gun owner, she had to know it could only end one way.
Very well stated @floridafreshsqueez…… and I too wonder if there would be other charges? Or perhaps two trials?

IANAL. But I wonder how or whether JS would be used in a trial on charges solely against SS for MS? Granted evidence is evidence, but IMO prosecutors would not want to bring out too much on JS….. else it might reduce SS culpability? Or make for an uncharged individual testifying against SS? Maybe very careful analysis of all information and statements by investigators is underway. And hence a possible delay in other charges? Maybe an assessment of whether a conspiracy exists is also underway?

The whole matter is quite sad and unfortunate for MS. :( MOO

That AND he had to get the body out of the house before the roommates saw anything!
Good point. And if the roommate saw him later do laundry, I guess that means they don't necessarily leave in the morning so he had to get MS out of the house before others woke up.

I wonder if LE knows how he removed her from the house. How far did he have to walk outdoors to get to the car?

jmo

Good point. And if the roommate saw him later do laundry, I guess that means they don't necessarily leave in the morning so he had to get MS out of the house before others woke up.

I wonder if LE knows how he removed her from the house. How far did he have to walk outdoors to get to the car?

jmo

From what I've seen, not very far. Just steps, as I understand it.

I may be completely wrong about this.

He did laundry, according to the housemate, which she said she'd never seen him do before, if I recall correctly.

MOO
Which is pretty crazy since he was sexually assaulting Maddie in the home, including in his room. If he wasn’t doing his own laundry does that mean someone else was taking care of it and did notice anything unusual on the sheets, bed covering or clothes? If they collected laundry from his room did they notice the cameras or some of Maddie’s clothes, including undergarments in the room too? Did that raise any suspicions or questions for them or JS or the grandfather afterwards?

For some reason the roommates in their home also weren't qualified for seeking protection from them, in case, Maddie would need protection.
I felt really bad about this too because if I recall Natalia addressing her concerns about Maddie being in the room alone SS and spending the night with him with JS. She understandably appeared to still be dubious about situation despite JS’ assurances that she and Maddie trusted him and he would never hurt her as he was father figure. I could imagine since JS’ sister best friend she quite possible brought her concerns up with her too. This case does bring up an important point about what options people have, particularly family members, friends and roommates, to report suspected physical and sexual abuse or how to go about doing that and informing the public more about what options are available to them or making more options available to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crazythunder