Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Ive always told HIM..." so she was talking to him
It was enough, I think, to tell JS: "Oh no, never would I leave you because of your daughter! Why should I do that? Believe me, my sweetie (as he named her, when telling, that MS was going to go to bed now, as wanted by mother JS)." JS believed him (?) and all was okay - til next time, when she was in a mood to talk about this again.

I mean think about it, her biggest fear is that ss would run off like WA did, and why would she think that> what does she see or hear that makes her have that fear ? (is it an irrational fear, as in no reason for it , IDTS) ). she doesnt fear whats happening , she fears the outcome, and that is JMO.
If it doesn’t continue, that is. IMO

After being shown a picture of stephans peen in her daughters mouth, jenn called CS and said “ better get him a lawyer”:
--Her excuse : better lawyer him up cause they got the wrong guy.

" I've always told him My biggest fear is that I’d be in a woody allan situation and that the man would run off with the kid.
--Her excuse: she was never taught to trust men , harm to her child isn’t even mentioned.

“ If I decide not to press charges now can I change my mind later”
I have no words. she thinks it’s a choice and is considering her options. Actually considering her options. (Which are zero) wow
Her daughter is missing, she's shown pics of SA that date back years, a detective telling her he can confidently tell her Stephan never dropped MS off at the school and her backpack was found in the dumpster at her condo complex along with her shoes. and she tells the detective she needs more evidence, to show that he actually didnt take her to school.
She is aware of the sexual abuse ( now) …. but the murder….. not so much .
she is still not conviinced. She is not freaking out that her daughter is possibly deceased. Instead , she wants evidence to prove her boyfriend didnt drop her off. She still believes its possible someone else took her. more concerned about proving who did it before reacting to the news of her daughter possibly being dead. ,
so if the law says you have to prove that she was aware of the risk and she was negligent anyway, how do you get around that someone (acts) like they cant acknowledge the risk because her ability to comprehend is about the same as talking to the straw in your drink ?
Feel free to add to the list .

Last edited:
After being shown a picture of stephans peen in her daughters mouth, jenn called CS and said “ better get him a lawyer”:
--Her excuse : better lawyer him up cause they got the wrong guy.

" I've always told him My biggest fear is that I’d be in a woody allan situation and that the man would run off with the kid.
--Her excuse: she was never taught to trust men , harm to her child isn’t even mentioned.

“ If I decide not to press charges now can I change my mind later”
I have no words. she thinks it’s a choice and is considering her options. Actually considering her options. (Which are zero) wow
Her daughter is missing, she's shown pics of SA that date back years, a detective telling her he can confidently tell her Stephan never dropped MS off at the school and her backpack was found in the dumpster at her condo complex along with her shoes. and she tells the detective she needs more evidence, to show that he actually didnt take her to school.
She is aware of the sexual abuse…. but the murder….. not so much .
she is still not conviinced. She is not freaking out that her daughter is possibly deceased. Instead , she wants evidence to prove her boyfriend didnt drop her off. She still believes its possible someone else took her. more concerned about proving who did it before reacting to the news of her daughter possibly being dead. ,
so if the law says you have to prove that she was aware of the risk and she was negligent anyway, how do you prove that someone cant acknowledge the risk because her ability to comprehend is about the same as talking to the straw in your drink ?
Feel free to add to the list .
OMG. I am at a loss for acceptable words.

oh come on folks!.....if JS has been duped because she is thick as whipped cream - it's still her fault!.....as a mother and adult, it's her responsibility to get educated and wise enough
I agree. It's easy for me to feel for the underdog in any situation. Even in the first interviews with the TV news reporters that seemed so strange, I was searching my heart and brain for legit reasons for JS's demeanor and WANTED to believe her.

But when a mom sends her daughter into the bed of a grown man and then the child is murdered by that man, I stop looking for legit reasons to explain it away.

That doesn't mean I don't understand mental illness, lack compassion, or underestimate the power of manipulation.

jmo

Here are the notes I jotted down while listening to the JS interview video. I meant to share these yesterday but left them at work, lol.

The most emotion shown throughout the entire video occurred when JS realized her birthday was the next day. It’s the ONLY time she was genuinely sobbing. “This is the WORST birthday ever!”

Ok. But what about YOUR DAUGHTER’S birthday?

The first 30-45 minutes sound sooooo scripted. Especially when she narrates her conversations with Stephan. For example, in response to him saying he accidentally erased his phone… “I asked him well how did you do that? And then I told him oh really, that sucks.”

Like seriously? We don’t need a lengthy verbatim play by play of a conversation that tells us nothing. Where is all this detail in the conversations that you had that truly matter?

The only time she shows anger towards SS is when she talks about him spending money that he doesn’t have and then again when she talks about him crying during his TV interview. We don’t see that same response when she’s talking about how he raped and murdered her daughter.

When the detective asks what she and SS talked about while they were searching the house, there’s an EXTREMELY long pause before she never really answers the question. She just gives him a lot of vague nothing. Same thing when he circles back to this question later.

She says she didn’t leave her house because she didn’t want to deal with people’s heavy emotions and expressions of sympathy if recognized in public.

She says… “I believed the ‘SEX STUFF’ but I still didn’t want to believe he had done anything EVIL to her. I wanted to think he was still a good guy.”

I have no words. Actually, no. I have words. I have too many words. That “sex stuff” you’re referring to is RAPE. And raping a child IS evil. It’s more evil than committing murder, if you ask me. And it’s certainly not something a good guy would subject your daughter to for years on end.

Q: Have you ever gone through his phone?
A: Who me?
YES, YOU.

He must have killed her Sunday night and snuck her out Monday morning. He must have moved her to the trunk of the car. He must have gone back to the location where “he dumped her body”.

Her theories and the detachment with which she voices them might be the most disturbing part of it all.

I mean think about it, her biggest fear is that ss would run off like WA did, and why would she think that> what does she see or hear that makes her have that fear ? (is it an irrational fear, as in no reason for it , IDTS) ). she doesnt fear whats happening , she fears the outcome, and that is JMO.
monumental ridiculous explanation she gave for making that statement about WA/stepdaughter fear-----> she is asked 'why would you say that to him?' She answers:

"because I never tr... I never trusted... I I grew up being told never never trust a man...my mom put that in my body never trust a man...I didnt completely 100% trust the man...but the logic in my head...." then goes on to say how she never saw or heard anything in 7 years and blah blah.....and ultimately trusted him.

as an aside, thats one crazy-a$$ analogy, cant trust men, its ingrained in her, but then she decides to 'trust SS'<---it seems to me she was trying to prove to her mother she was wrong....and would keep him around to spite her mother's mantra, who may have rang alarm bells with JS, along with other family. I reflect back on JS stating she didnt get along with her family. no specifics.

I believe mom/family DID ring the alarm bells, maybe something subtle or not so subtle instances of SS's behaviour with Madeline and JS poo poo'd it. the entire dissertation she gave in the LE interview about never hearing or seeing anything sounds as if she gave that excuse before, to someone.

lots redacted in the docs. the family's opinion of SS is almost non-existent. (gm doesnt like him). additional info as to their opinion would fill in alot of what they heard or witnessed concerning him in relation to Madeline. but I suspect that info will never be revealed...imagine the guilt of not going with their own 'logic' and accepted JS's excuses or that they were misinterpreting. we dont know if they confronted JS at some point during these 7 years with SS, its just a guess on my part.

but back to this:
what is her logic and reasoning about a WA situation based on?<---that was the question she didnt quite answer. it doesnt just suddenly happen at 18 years old and they run off together....WTF does she think would lead up to that happening? her daughter was permitted BY HER to be alone WITH HER BF, in a bed, in a room with the door closed, over a period of years. and also sandwiched between them in the same bed. for years.

she claims she had no knowledge that Madeline was being S/A for years. no knowledge she was ultimately murdered nor WHY. but both of those things did happen...IMO, she knew, and knows what led to her murder.

Food for thought: JS seems to talk more than ask questions, and that bothers me. She was not very good at putting on an act, which is conceivably would have included questions that most normal mothers would ask when being presented the evidence and information.

She rehearsed the story with SS more than she anticipated having to appear like a bewildered mother concerned about the welfare of her child. She was more preoccupied with sticking to the story and protecting SS than coming across as authentic. That’s a huge oversight, JMHO.

She didn’t ask the questions she should have asked because she already knew what was happening, and in my opinion, she already knew Maddie was dead when she had her family contact 911. She clearly forgot that she was supposed to be entirely “unaware” of the abuse and what happened to Maddie. I’m sure LE had several other scenarios involving CSAM and disclosure to parents that they compared this one to, and they didn’t buy JS’s story.

Food for thought: JS seems to talk more than ask questions, and that bothers me. She was not very good at putting on an act, which is conceivably would have included questions that most normal mothers would ask when being presented the evidence and information.

She rehearsed the story with SS more than she anticipated having to appear like a bewildered mother concerned about the welfare of her child. She was more preoccupied with sticking to the story and protecting SS than coming across as authentic. That’s a huge oversight, JMHO.

She didn’t ask the questions she should have asked because she already knew what was happening, and in my opinion, she already knew Maddie was dead when she had her family contact 911. She clearly forgot that she was supposed to be entirely “unaware” of the abuse and what happened to Maddie. I’m sure LE had several other scenarios involving CSAM and disclosure to parents that they compared this one to, and they didn’t buy JS’s story.
Very good observations - JS doesn't ask questions. I bet we all could imagine wanting to know updates, pleading for signs of hope, urging the officers to search, asking what we could do, yearning for ANY info about the search.

JS seems to have zero curiosity about where MS is or what the plan is to find her.

jmo

I would like to know more about SS's inheritance that CS relayed that SS got from "his father" and "blew" in no time. And, SS's uses S as his surname, so did CS adopt him? What is the story with the bio dad?
I heard that too, I wondered if CS misspoke meaning DS's father??? I was a little confused on that also.

monumental ridiculous explanation she gave for making that statement about WA/stepdaughter fear-----> she is asked 'why would you say that to him?' She answers:

"because I never tr... I never trusted... I I grew up being told never never trust a man...my mom put that in my body never trust a man...I didnt completely 100% trust the man...but the logic in my head...." then goes on to say how she never saw or heard anything in 7 years and blah blah.....and ultimately trusted him.

as an aside, thats one crazy-a$$ analogy, cant trust men, its ingrained in her, but then she decides to 'trust SS'<---it seems to me she was trying to prove to her mother she was wrong....and would keep him around to spite her mother's mantra, who may have rang alarm bells with JS, along with other family. I reflect back on JS stating she didnt get along with her family. no specifics.

I believe mom/family DID ring the alarm bells, maybe something subtle or not so subtle instances of SS's behaviour with Madeline and JS poo poo'd it. the entire dissertation she gave in the LE interview about never hearing or seeing anything sounds as if she gave that excuse before, to someone.

lots redacted in the docs. the family's opinion of SS is almost non-existent. (gm doesnt like him). additional info as to their opinion would fill in alot of what they heard or witnessed concerning him in relation to Madeline. but I suspect that info will never be revealed...imagine the guilt of not going with their own 'logic' and accepted JS's excuses or that they were misinterpreting. we dont know if they confronted JS at some point during these 7 years with SS, its just a guess on my part.

but back to this:
what is her logic and reasoning about a WA situation based on?<---that was the question she didnt quite answer. it doesnt just suddenly happen at 18 years old and they run off together....WTF does she think would lead up to that happening? her daughter was permitted BY HER to be alone WITH HER BF, in a bed, in a room with the door closed, over a period of years. and also sandwiched between them in the same bed. for years.

she claims she had no knowledge that Madeline was being S/A for years. no knowledge she was ultimately murdered nor WHY. but both of those things did happen...IMO, she knew, and knows what led to her murder.
yeah... excuses. she was told to never trust a man. Even so, would that teach you to fear a WA situation? she has no rational explanation.
I remember thinking right at the start that the family had issues with SS. he never went to the party, they didnt get to stay at families house the night they went to a hotel, and even just the way grandma said in the beginning " I didnt know what he came here for"
I would bet that trust story is BS, and if anything, it probably wasn't about not trusting " any man" it was probably about not trusting him. he was useless in every way.

what bothers me alot is that JS appears in all her interviews to be DELIBERATELY obtuse. I mean maybe I could excuse her failures and complete passivity both before, during and after the search for MS if I believed she was of low intelligence. But I do not believe that about her.

I believe she purposefully behaves as if she is as a copout. All JMO

what bothers me alot is that JS appears in all her interviews to be DELIBERATELY obtuse. I mean maybe I could excuse her failures and complete passivity both before, during and after the search for MS if I believed she was of low intelligence. But I do not believe that about her.

I believe she purposefully behaves as if she is as a copout. All JMO
Then they need to prove that she should have known. Just as if you should know a train is coming when you see the red lights flashing and the gates coming down. How can you get away with that? it wasnt one time , it was years of it. enough is enough.

Then they need to prove that she should have known. Just as if you should know a train is coming when you see the red lights flashing and the gates coming down. How can you get away with that? it wasnt one time , it was years of it. enough is enough.
I think the state has no interest in prosecuting JS. I suspect its because they feel they need her as witness in SS case. MOO she will make a very poor one. She has serious credibility issues, and does not at all make a sympathetic witness. MOO

I would like to know more about SS's inheritance that CS relayed that SS got from "his father" and "blew" in no time. And, SS's uses S as his surname, so did CS adopt him? What is the story with the bio dad?
I believe CS was referring to his father or his wife's father -- i.e., SS's grandfather.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bill1620