Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Unalienable Rights

Reaction score
Missing Person

Photo not available
NAME:Madeline Soto
MISSING:2/26/2024
AGE MISSING:13 years
AGE NOW:13 years
SEX:FemaleRACE:White
HAIR:BlondeEYES:Blue
HEIGHT:5'01"WEIGHT:110
COUNTY:Orange
Child
NARRATIVE: A Florida MISSING CHILD Alert has been issued for Madeline Soto, last seen in the area of the 13500th block of Town Loop Boulevard in Orlando, Florida, who was last seen wearing a green jacket, black shorts, and white Crocs. Madeline has a mole on the left side of her nose and the right side of her chin.​

Madeline ‘Maddie’ Soto was last seen on Monday, one day after she and her family celebrated her 13th birthday. Maddie’s mother, Jenn Soto, said surveillance video shows Maddie hanging out in a church parking lot on February 26 after being dropped off for school, but she never made it inside.

Jenn Soto said sheriff’s deputies are using K9s and a piece of Maddie’s clothing to try to track her scent near Town Loop Boulevard.

continued at link.
(Her mother says that she forgot to take her phone that morning, but that isn't unusual.)

Media, Maps and Timeline Thread *NO DISCUSSION*

Thread #1Thread #2 Thread #3Thread #4 Thread #5Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thead #10
Thread #11

Last edited by a moderator:
Most of us think that J was in some way involved but there are no charges. There must be no evidence or not enough evidence. :confused:

Most of us think that J was in some way involved but there are no charges. There must be no evidence or not enough evidence. :confused:
I still feel like they're building a plan. None of the officers interviewing her seem to believe her and they all seem to have the same doubts we have,I feel like they're waiting on something to charge her?

I still feel like they're building a plan. None of the officers interviewing her seem to believe her and they all seem to have the same doubts we have,I feel like they're waiting on something to charge her?
I don't think LE believes her stories either, but I am guessing the only evidence would be digital. Either there is no evidence or they are still searching. The interviews happened months ago with no arrest as of now, which makes me question if they have enough to charge and convict her.

jmo

Yes I was surprised to hear in the interview how much the Officer mistrusted her. Listening to her talk, she comes across very badly.

The problem here is that we are hearing interviews that precede April 18. That date changed everything. This is when JS was given derivative use immunity by the DA's Office, and JS's inconsistencies of what she said in those earlier interviews are not going to be used against her. IMO, they knew by 4/18 that JS was not responsible for MS murder or a conspirator to her murder.

However, I don't think there's any doubt in our minds that JS was negligent and responsible for child endangerment but that matter will be tabled if never until they are finished prosecuting MS's killer, SS, where they are seeking the death penalty. JMO

The problem here is that we are hearing interviews that precede April 18. That date changed everything. This is when JS was given derivative use immunity by the DA's Office, and JS's inconsistencies of what she said in those earlier interviews are not going to be used against her. IMO, they knew by 4/18 that JS was not responsible for MS murder or a conspirator to her murder.

However, I don't think there's any doubt in our minds that JS was negligent and responsible for child endangerment but that matter will be tabled if never until they are finished prosecuting MS's killer, SS, where they are seeking the death penalty. JMO
Thanks Seattle1 for the perspective. It is good to have this input. IANAL and am still confused about the derivative immunity……. yet I know it has been explained previously and by many here.

Is it that any information only learned in that post 4/18 interview can’t be used against JS? Or does it also include any and all previous information as well? (My perhaps mistaken impression was that if it was information learned in the 4/18 interview that could not be used against JS. But if there was separate or other obtained information, evidence, or corroboration (outside of that 4/18 interview) it could be used for possible charges or a case against JS? But it could not be challenged or refuted by the 4/18 information gleaned from JS? I could well be wrong.

And I agree that if any charges are eventually laid against JS, it wouldn’t likely be until later if at all, and after the case of SS. MOO

Yes I was surprised to hear in the interview how much the Officer mistrusted her. Listening to her talk, she comes across very badly.
The last couple months have been interesting in that regard. I don’t think I ever knew how much the officers mistrusted her until more recently. They have noticed and been keeping track all of the same inconsistencies we have been discussing here.

It is also interesting how much the tone can hold in some of the recorded statements. I read the narrative of SS interview where they got his phone before I heard the recorded version and you can tell in the detectives’ tones that they are on to him in a way that is not as reflective in the documents.

I agree with your analysis of this JS situation. However, if she is was given derivative use immunity by the DA's Office so that they can use her as a witness, they erred in doing so IMO. She will make a terrible witness at trial. She won't help their case against SS and may harm it IMO. The jury will look at her and see exactly what we see. A woman whose words cannot be believed because her sole interest appears to be covering her own butt and that of SS.

His mother thinks J is also responsible, from June 25:

In newly released emails from Sterns' time behind bars, his mother alluded to a woman also being involved, saying she was 'disgusted that she is free and you are not when this is not all your fault!'

[…]

The jailhouse emails were revealed in a 64-page filing by the State Attorney's Office, showing Sterns speaking with his family between his arrest and July 1.

In emails from June 25 where the suspect's mother pointed to someone else also being responsible for Madeline's death, she urged her son to 'talk with your attorneys.'

'I keep thinking about how you would not ever rat out a friend,' she continued.

'It really made me mad and I felt like you valued them over us when you let them get away with stuff. Don't be doing that again.

'We all know [redacted] was heavily involved in this and I am disgusted that she is free and you are not when this is not all your fault!!

'You need to think about yourself more and her less. She sure isn't thinking of you and how she can help you right now. That whole family is willing to stay quiet and let you take the fall for everything.'

In newly released emails from Sterns' time behind bars, his mother alluded to a woman also being involved, saying she was 'disgusted that she is free and you are not when this is not all your fault!'

[…]

The jailhouse emails were revealed in a 64-page filing by the State Attorney's Office, showing Sterns speaking with his family between his arrest and July 1.

In emails from June 25 where the suspect's mother pointed to someone else also being responsible for Madeline's death, she urged her son to 'talk with your attorneys.'

'It really made me mad and I felt like you valued them over us when you let them get away with stuff. Don't be doing that again.

'We all know [redacted] was heavily involved in this and I am disgusted that she is free and you are not when this is not all your fault!!

'You need to think about yourself more and her less. She sure isn't thinking of you and how she can help you right now. That whole family is willing to stay quiet and let you take the fall for everything.'

this right here is why I believe SS is the way he is. A perpetual child who is only attracted physically to women or children who appear dead or sleeping (non threatening). I think his whole life he has had mama cleaning up behind him.

this right here is why I believe SS is the way he is. A perpetual child who is only attracted physically to women or children who appear dead or sleeping (non threatening). I think his whole life he has had mama cleaning up behind him.

Praising him when he’s locked up for killing and SA a child. Crazy!

[…]

I dislike JS immensely, but her (SS his mom) words don't hold much weight for me.
Jmo

I dislike JS immensely, but her (SS his mom) words don't hold much weight for me.
Jmo
I listened to the police interviews with SS parents and they both know he is guilty, imo. They were not defending him in the interviews at all, but fully cooperative with LE and seemed disgusted by their son. The mom might be mad that JS is not also charged, but I think she is relieved he is behind bars, tbh.

jmo

While they did not exactly defend him, DS did wade into victim blaming territory by describing MS as “precocious” regarding puberty. Additionally, she seems to believe SS/JS’s assertion that MS was developing “signs” of bipolar.

Finally, I’m quite annoyed by her characterization of SS as a “child”. She meant SS when she said “I saw that child cry” regarding SS telling them she was missing.

I do think that DS thinks that JS lured him into his crimes by enabling his behavior, using MS as bait. Really sickening.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bobbandit22
Back