Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
and this is the guy that didnt want to go to the beach because he thought he was " flabby" Imagine how he must have felt being examined like that and then have it posted on the internet.
He complained about the good chair vs the bad chair, That the cuffs were worse than the originals, and his thumbs were numb... the nerve, to complain about your thumbs being numb while being arrested for S.A on a child and eventually murder. Maddi was numb.
I imagine Jenn will also be numb for the rest of her life, comfortably numb. Trapped inside of mental illness, because if she struggled before, I don't think its going to get any easier.
I wonder on several of these points too @ttjo ……

And I wonder if maybe SS didn’t want to go to the beach with JS and MS together? Maybe that was cover or a code for him not wanting to be present with someone? MOO

The interview starts and I can’t help but feel sorry for her. Then she says things like “stashed her”, refers to Maddie as a body, has no rage for this man who has wronged her and her child, and she really did call his dad to warn him to get a lawyer after she was shown photos of a blow*** and SA (2:30:00 - she says she didn’t consider that as real raping and thought the police was after the wrong guy). The officer keeps calling her out, tells her she has led for this to happen with her poor parenting, accuses her that she keeps protecting S over M.

2:30:00.
I think telling the SS father to get SS a lawyer was to protect herself. SS knows all about her role in the abuse and murder of MS. She was afraid he would start talking and tell LE about it. Imo

IMO, both of them knew Maddie might be pregnant.

And JS is upset with the questioning, the game is up....yes, SS was more important to her then her own child. There were several questions she could not answer.

It's interesting -- I think the bolded is factually accurate but also not true -- if that makes sense. I'm not sure that anything was important to JS, beyond her own self-conception as one of life's victims -- no money, single "parent," too many meds on too many diagnoses, too many hours at work and too few in bed, etc.

IOW, I'm not sure that SS was more important to JS; only that Maddie was less important. Both seem to have adversely affected the % of time JS had to herself and her comforts, but SS's attention to M in the guise of "looking after her," despite his long-running and savage abuse and eventually murder, at least gave JS a break.

Not sure I'm making sense, for which I apologize. I just don't see in this case anything like a that , murderous Diane Downs-esque desire to have her man at the expense of her child -- she doesn't seem to have wanted anything or anyone very much at all, including her child. I think it's that numbness and seeming inability to care or feel much at all beyond those weak, performative attempts to play a grieving mother that so frustrate LE also.

I don't doubt that she imagined herself as loving M and SS -- I'm just not sure she could will it into actuality.

Anyway -- not trying to make an argument, just looking to put my anger and befuddlement into words, so MOO, IMO, etc.

I wonder on several of these points too @ttjo ……

And I wonder if maybe SS didn’t want to go to the beach with JS and MS together? Maybe that was cover or a code for him not wanting to be present with someone? MOO
Or he knew the little girls he liked didn't like flabby men their father's age and it hurt his ego so he avoided the beach.

I believe, SS wanted to prove the next young mother (I remember her being a mother also?) and to find out, how she would tolerate something like sleeping with her daughter in the same bed.
Yes, that is correct, and is why she dumped him IMO (can no longer find that exact info so it'll have to be JMO). Also, likely this could have been part of it:

In 2022, REDACTED and Stephan were in a brief intimate relationship. During that relationship, REDACTED would invite Stephan to spend the night with her at her house but Stephan would refuse. Stephan told REDACTED that he needed to stay at Jennifer`s house because Jennifer and Madeline could not sleep without him there. He further explained, specifically Madeline would not sleep if he wasn't there and advised he would sleep in the bed with JS and Madeline. REDACTED displayed her discomfort of the sleeping situations but Stephan continued to live and stay with Jennifer and Madeline. REDACTED ended their relationship not long after finding out this information.

I asked Mariely about their intimate relationship more in depth. She disclosed that Stephan had a tough time having an erection. Mariely described one "very weird" occasion where Stephan had her lay face down completely flat, as if she was "dead" and had sexual intercourse with her. Mariely said that was the only time he was very erect.

Gemmie again - The last paragraph makes me wonder things I won't say out loud.

Pg 75: https://www.scribd.com/document/761...-the-investigation-into-Madeline-Sotos-murder

It's interesting -- I think the bolded is factually accurate but also not true -- if that makes sense. I'm not sure that anything was important to JS, beyond her own self-conception as one of life's victims -- no money, single "parent," too many meds on too many diagnoses, too many hours at work and too few in bed, etc.

IOW, I'm not sure that SS was more important to JS; only that Maddie was less important. Both seem to have adversely affected the % of time JS had to herself and her comforts, but SS's attention to M in the guise of "looking after her," despite his long-running and savage abuse and eventually murder, at least gave JS a break.

Not sure I'm making sense, for which I apologize. I just don't see in this case anything like a that , murderous Diane Downs-esque desire to have her man at the expense of her child -- she doesn't seem to have wanted anything or anyone very much at all, including her child. I think it's that numbness and seeming inability to care or feel much at all beyond those weak, performative attempts to play a grieving mother that so frustrate LE also.

I don't doubt that she imagined herself as loving M and SS -- I'm just not sure she could will it into actuality.

Anyway -- not trying to make an argument, just looking to put my anger and befuddlement into words, so MOO, IMO, etc.
I hear ya and I think this makes sense.

One of my reactions to her interviews is that I would NOT want to be her co-worker or boss or customer. She doesn't seem like someone you could count on to carry her weight on a team and would find excuses, disappear, whine. I see her as just sitting there for shift after shift with no gumption to do anything productive.

So, it does ring true that her main concerns were her own comforts and self-soothing rather than any of the people or responsibilities around her.

But, even so, I think she feels very attached to SS above Maddie. If he throws her under the bus, I think she will feel that more painfully than she did losing Maddie.

jmo

Yes, that is correct, and is why she dumped him IMO (can no longer find that exact info so it'll have to be JMO). Also, likely this could have been part of it:

In 2022, REDACTED and Stephan were in a brief intimate relationship. During that relationship, REDACTED would invite Stephan to spend the night with her at her house but Stephan would refuse. Stephan told REDACTED that he needed to stay at Jennifer`s house because Jennifer and Madeline could not sleep without him there. He further explained, specifically Madeline would not sleep if he wasn't there and advised he would sleep in the bed with JS and Madeline. REDACTED displayed her discomfort of the sleeping situations but Stephan continued to live and stay with Jennifer and Madeline. REDACTED ended their relationship not long after finding out this information.

I asked Mariely about their intimate relationship more in depth. She disclosed that Stephan had a tough time having an erection. Mariely described one "very weird" occasion where Stephan had her lay face down completely flat, as if she was "dead" and had sexual intercourse with her. Mariely said that was the only time he was very erect.

Gemmie again - The last paragraph makes me wonder things I won't say out loud.

Pg 75: https://www.scribd.com/document/761...-the-investigation-into-Madeline-Sotos-murder
Thanks @Gemmie for this reminder….. and one point in it just struck me. And as it might relate to that one odd undecipherable text of JS.

RSBM: “Madeline would not sleep if he wasn't there and advised he would sleep in the bed with JS and Madeline.”

This IMO confirms that at some points all 3 individuals would sleep in the same bed. I wonder if that odd message from JS about ‘I can’t risk it’ (or the like)….. was perhaps SS having suggested to JS that MS could sleep alone with him (SS) - so that JS could get a night of ‘her sleep’? Or maybe something along those lines? I can’t recall exact timing for that one odd text message in the events.

And I won’t comment here about the supposed request of SS to his other supposed partner. And thinking about that torso ‘apparatus’ he had. SMH MOO

Thanks @Gemmie for this reminder….. and one point in it just struck me. And as it might relate to that one odd undecipherable text of JS.

RSBM: “Madeline would not sleep if he wasn't there and advised he would sleep in the bed with JS and Madeline.”

This IMO confirms that at some points all 3 individuals would sleep in the same bed. I wonder if that odd message from JS about ‘I can’t risk it’ (or the like)….. was perhaps SS having suggested to JS that MS could sleep alone with him (SS) - so that JS could get a night of ‘her sleep’? Or maybe something along those lines? I can’t recall exact timing for that one odd text message in the events.

And I won’t comment here about the supposed request of SS to his other supposed partner. And thinking about that torso ‘apparatus’ he had. SMH MOO
Yes, per JS's interview that I'm in the middle of, that was normal for them. And sometimes she she woke up they were snuggled up together (on one side of the bed, her in the other). JS's showed LE what it looked like so basically SS had his arm around Maddie as she was snuggled up against his side. LE then hammered home about how it sounded like JS and Maddie were in the same kind of relationship with SS, which kinda left her dumbstruck for a moment as that realization hit home.

I have to run for a bit but I'll see if I can easily find that portion of the interview. It was recent to the spot I'm at 2:12:00, I believe around the 2 hr mark if anyone wanted to find it before I return. :)

BBS! (Be back soon)

I really liked her on the stand.

I think that with all the stuff coming out from these interviews, it will be really interesting to see commentary from (reputable) experts about JS's reactions, emotions, body language, and verbal responses. I'm sure there are some articles, podcasts, or YouTube videos in the works.

MOO
She appears almost child like in some of her responses.

She goes from tears (not real IMO) to strong statements and answers.

We were all right about JS. LE honed in on her just as we did. If LE believes she knew about the abuse, and they said so, then I’m comfortable believing it as well.

The pregnancy talk is so upsetting. I know LE had not found MS at this point but yet again, we were on that page as well.

Just reading between the lines, I think LE is thinking that a pregnant MS was the trigger.

I’m trying to decide who’s worse? Leticia or JS? IMO. JS is right up there.

Yup she knew.

MOO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member