Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
well the hard drive from the Desk top that CS said he saw SS use on Sunday morning is gone. So if SS could not get in the house ( according to the parents) where did it go.?
Maddis murder doesnt look premeditated , so it's doubtful SS took it before he went to Kissimmee.

Maybe this is what you sense :
Closer to the beginning of the interview C.S. asked did you confirm that SS got into the storage unit... cop: said NO.( basically answers there was something unreliable about the info)
then. later on , CS asks ; "so how would he have got it in there ?" ( the storage unit).
No-one said he got in the storage unit, but the question is framed as though he did. and further when would SS have taken it out of there but didnt get in the house?? its a little scattered.
I dont know what to think, because I find with all of them ( mostly jenn snd Stephan) that there are so many little contradictions, but also explanations, and alternative answers its hard to know whats real.
@ttjo , would you have a link to that audio so I can listen to it again. I was listening to one of CS talking with an investigator, but it doesn't seem to be the same one with the ending when he asked the cop about looking through the CSA pics.

Hi guys. I don't know if I'm slow on the uptake or what, but I rewatched the video where SS is arrested, and the detective says he's under arrest for capital sexual battery.

I didn't realize that he's facing two possible DP sentences, unless I'm not understanding that correctly.

@ttjo , would you have a link to that audio so I can listen to it again. I was listening to one of CS talking with an investigator, but it doesn't seem to be the same one with the ending when he asked the cop about looking through the CSA pics.
yes I do, I have a couple of them, give me 5 min ill check to make sure there isnt a just audio version. if not Ill post one I have and you''ll have to just piece it together through all the commentary.

Yes @ShadyLady ! …. exactly…… And where is that hard drive too? I think IMO some additional charges are needed to help get to the bottom of that computer hardware. And maybe needs to start with who was there in that residence with access to it? And the storage unit? And why IIRC was the father so quick to give SS his own phone, and car? SMH. Anything else that investigators need to know and review?

And consider charges including tampering with evidence and obstruction of justice. Let’s use the police and investigator’s ‘IQ’ to pull together the truth here. Because I for some reason sense some ‘fig leaf’ answers by many. And I envision that computer forensics can tell some things about what other computers or systems that was linked to or backed up? And when it was used, accessed, and done? MOO
yes, where is the hard drive? his father claiming the keypunch wasnt working and SS couldnt get in their house on the 28th because he didnt have the garage clicker. CS further said he saw SS using his desktop computer on 2/24.

his mother talks about all the dogs barking, "I actually looked at my watch because I was alone, it was 3:19 in the morning'. how observant about the time. went and got a flashlight and was looking out all of the windows. must have been a critter she says.

could it be SS was the critter and she let him in? funny his father is so observant about the 24th seeing SS on his desktop. and then the hard drive is missing. the one in the storage unit didnt have anything on it, 2 years old.

then fast forward to his father's phone call with SS in jail that was recorded: SS says he went to northport to get all his 'ducks in a row, grab some of my things, kind of prepare myself for whatever was coming' but I couldnt find what I was looking for'.<----LE said while in newport this was the time he tried logging into his google account using the parents wifi.

its also interesting in his parents interview that his mother said she took pictures of his room before it was searched. why would she do that? and after that she starting cleaning out the room, getting rid of his 'trash'.

I dunno, his parents knew of all of his interests, what games he played, where he went, etc. even right down to his bank accounts, his health insurance which lapsed, and dad got him health insurance, gave him 'his spare phone for business' when LE took his phone....

they flip from he is a liar, his father "I never know when he is lying', but to his mother, he is a genius and blah blah. his parents IMO had alot of conflicting statements, too many too enumerate. IMO, quite a study the dynamics, especially when his mother talks about him getting a tattoo, she will let him if blah blah blah he does whatever and then she will research reputable tattoo parlors for cleanliness and whatever. IMO, TMI, which didnt mean shi% concerning his relationship with Madeline and JS. they really didnt know Madeline or JS.

in short, their house was a revolving door for him...and they wouldnt rock SS's boat to keep their own peace. kind of like JS. see no evil, hear no evil.

One thing I've been wondering about is that JS said several times that SS moved back in with his parents because his dad had a job lined up for him and it fell through.

I've never heard CS confirm this, so I'd really like to know whether it's true. It's not important in the scheme of things. I'm just curious.

32:08

sorry there's where he says the thumb drive you gave us at about 26:19 min, ( which is where. the 30,000 photos were) then commentary till 32:08 , then the interview starts again at 34:24. I wish I could find one thats not interrupted but this is the best I could find thats an approved source. It's really unfortnate that it is so interrupted during such an important part.

Last edited:
32:08

sorry there's where he says the thumb drive you gave us at about 26 min, then commentary till 32:08 , then the interview starts again at 34:24. I wish I could find one thats not interrupted but this is the best I could find thats an approved source. It's really unfortnate that it is so interrupted during such an important part.
Oh so they did identify that there were more possible victims and that perhaps he was involved in trading and exchanging CSAM materials. How disgusting!

I hope this means that they can take down one or several CSAM rings and identify additional perps/child predators that need to be held accountable and victims who too deserve justice and a voice in the court of law.

Oh so they did identify that there were more possible victims and that perhaps he was involved in trading and exchanging CSAM materials.

I hope this means that they can take down one or several CSAM rings and identify additional perps/child predators that need to be held accountable and victims who too deserve justice and a voice in the court of law.
I dont know what they have exactly, but a thumb drive that was given to LE ( when ?) contained 30k images of CSAM and none of them appeared to be Madeline, where that thumb drive came from is Said to be somewhere in the house. Who knows. you would think that if SS went to the trouble of removing a hard drive, he would have gotten rid of a thumb drive also.
There is always something, with this case that doesnt flow right.

Oh so they did identify that there were more possible victims and that perhaps he was involved in trading and exchanging CSAM materials. How disgusting!

OR, does it look like a ring/criminal enterprise by design?
a thumb drive with 30k photos none are maddi.
his phone and google drive. 1700k ( I believe) all are maddi
where did he get 30k photos? did SS take them or were they downloaded?
someone has to make this make sense.

Last edited:
There’s something so off putting about SS’s dad. He sees SS use the computer and the hard drive is gone? Could SS dad have removed and destroyed the hard drive, worried he himself would have been implicated? Is that why he drove down to get them a hotel? (Really a cover to provide the drive to SS or show it was destroyed?) Is that why the dad was adamant about the storage locker and having that be a ruse of some sorts? This is the missing hard drive (LE: nope can’t be mr stearns, it hasn’t been used in years). Hmm food for thought. MOO

There’s something so off putting about SS’s dad. He sees SS use the computer and the hard drive is gone? Could SS dad have removed and destroyed the hard drive, worried he himself would have been implicated? Is that why he drove down to get them a hotel? (Really a cover to provide the drive to SS or show it was destroyed?) Is that why the dad was adamant about the storage locker and having that be a ruse of some sorts? This is the missing hard drive (LE: nope can’t be mr stearns, it hasn’t been used in years). Hmm food for thought. MOO
thing is, we only think there is a hard drive missing b/c CS said he saw him on the computer Sunday morning. Who knows if thats true? it cant be verified b/c there is no hard drive !!!
Where was that desk top ? they said stephan never came out of his room, so did they see him on it in his room? did they ever go in there? b/c I highly doubt Stephan would be using a desktop anywhere else, if it had any CSAM on it at all.
The story is: all of a sudden the hard drive is missing, looks suspicious right? , yeah the desk top he gave L/e didnt have a hard drive but who knows how that came about if youre only going by one persons word.
and how would this help? if it was a ruse?

I dont get the feeling CS is worried about anything other than protecting his son, IOW I dont think hed be implicated.
smoke and mirrors and very hard to make heads or tails of anything. I hope L/e has the answers.

Last edited:
It's so interesting to look at things in retrospect.

March 1 press conference in which Sheriff Mina announces they are confident Maddie is dead. At around 6:41--"detectives have spoken to her mother and as you can imagine, the reaction only a parent would have."

If this is the 2/29 interview he is referring to, the first reference of Maddie being dead is at 42:16 and it is most certainly not the reaction a normal parent would have.

And it goes on after that. She's just been informed that her daughter is most likely deceased (and shown a photograph to prove it!) and somehow manages to carry on fairly normally afterward.

Last edited:
We were talking here last night about JS's cursing in the interviews, and having listened to the 2/29 interview again, my theory is that that she curses when she remembers that she's not supposed to know about the SA or Maddie's murder and as such should be angry at and distrustful of SS.

I feel that SS's parents are operating similarly. They are publicly acknowledging their distaste for his flaws but privately supporting him any way they can.

JMO

Last edited:
We were talking here last night about JS's cursing in the interviews, and having listened to the 2/29 interview again, my theory is that that she curses when she remembers that she's not supposed to know about the SA or Maddie's murder and as such should be angry and distrustful of SS.

I feel that SS's parents are operating similarly. They are publicly acknowledging their distaste for his flaws but privately supporting him any way they can.

JMO
Fake people all together, somehow. MOO

Is there any verification that SS actually visited the storage unit?

In one of the early interviews CS indicates that someone got into the storage unit without his permission, but in a later interview suggests that that was a mistake on the part of the storage unit.

Has LE confirmed one way or the other? If so I missed it.

The detective Said ," there's the thumb drive you gave us" ( which contained the 30,000 photos) "but the desktop you gave us had no hard drive in it" , Law enforcement told CS that the desktop he said he saw SS use that Sunday, had no hard drive in it and the hard drive that CS gave them from the storage unit was not the hard drive from that desktop either and it hadn't been used since around 2020. ( LE did forensics on it and could tell) "CS is surprised and doesnt know what happened to the hard drive that belongs to that desktop and says " he must have just destroyed the thing " and "too bad he wasnt smart enough about the phone".
There's more thats said, but that is the general drift.

* I would post a clip but I can only find a source with too much commentary and I know how everyone in here loves that. It's in the interview where Chris sterns goes to the police station in Kissimmee and it takes place in the lobby in July I believe . Its bout 30 min into the interview.
Could this imply that CS may be aware of SS sexual deviancy and knew to remove the hard drive and replace it with an old one? And that comment to the police about “too bad he wasn’t smart enough to destroy the phone”.

Is there any verification that SS actually visited the storage unit?

In one of the early interviews CS indicates that someone got into the storage unit without his permission, but in a later interview suggests that that was a mistake on the part of the storage unit.

Has LE confirmed one way or the other? If so I missed it.
no verification. In that video I posted above CS asks, " have you verified he was in the storage unit that night? and the cop basically says "no the info is wishy washy" I cant remember his exact words. and later CS asks ' well how did he get in there... ? (as in to hide the hard drive, he even describes how easy it would be to slide to the back)
The cop just said we cant prove he was in there, and C.S basically asks how he got in? or something like that anyway, I'd have to listen again.
Listening to them ( all of them ) twist things is just crazy making.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teadoughnutsdogbanjo