Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I cant remember the exact word she used...but "risk" was not about meds, etc. imo. More coverup lies.
Her lack of concern that Maddie was missing convinces me, she knew what happened.

And her regurgitation of the same "story" was rehearsed. imo....as was SS's.
June 16,2023( was it 23?) she texted "maddie isn't sleeping with me anymore I cant risk it ..."
I cant find the exact dates of any SA after feb 2023 because they document incidents that occurred when maddi was under 12
it occurred between ( feb 2023- Feb 2024) just no exact dates.
In the photos of the SA in August 2022 they found the same articles ( clothing bedding, towels ) that were consistent with items found in the bedrooms during the search warrant in feb 2024. so whos room was it? , which articles were in the photos in Aug of 2022 that are still there in 2024 , Bedding? if so, bed room no#4 had white sheets and a grey blanket so not really good for ID purposes,
( maddi isnt sleeping with me anymore because I cant risk.... photos taken of her in this bed ???))
She said maddi slept with her almost every night and she can count on one hand how many times she didnt .
we have inventory of room 4 and maddis makeshift room, I can't find the inventory of jenns room, BUT why would SS clothing be in maddis room so...??

Attachments

• sa pics-feb room.jpg
    sa pics-feb room.jpg
    260.7 KB · Views: 9
  • search 2024 condo .jpg
    search 2024 condo .jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot 2024-09-28 at 11.41.00 AM.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-09-28 at 11.41.00 AM.jpg
    183.6 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot 2024-09-28 at 2.21.26 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-09-28 at 2.21.26 PM.png
    915.8 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot 2024-09-28 at 2.21.16 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-09-28 at 2.21.16 PM.png
    961.5 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Because she allowed it, I think. (She didn't want anyone to know) Also SS insisted, that's probably how he got started with Maddie. All my own opinion..
I'd say it's a given that she knew allowing it was wrong from the start, but my question has to do with a certain time period. I can't say for sure, but I thought JS was texting SS that statement "Maddie is no longer sleeping with me, I can't risk it." during the time SS was not living there. That matters. Also, if Maddie was not sleeping with JS during that time, and SS wasn't living there... then what was the risk? Where was Maddie sleeping if not with JS then?

Did it have something to do with losing control over her? Something to do with the rent? It wasn't like the arrangement hadn't been going on for years, so what was new? The new was that Maddie was sleeping independently? Can't risk it... those words need explaining.

I could be way off if questioning it this way, and it's all MOO.

"Maddie is no longer sleeping with me, I can't risk it."

Yeah, claimed she didn't remember and couldn't explain the text's meaning.

This is a text conversation between JS and SS. I don't doubt JS is complaining about MS's restless motions, sleep habits, movement in bed, which JS has complained about in every interview. JS insists her meds don't work if she does not have a good nights rest and we know the world is all about JS.

Also, I'd guess the date here is consistent with JS starting training for her new job and she knows she has to complete a period of gainful employment so she can later claim disability again. This is JS's earnings system.

But more important, this text is music to SS's ears because it means SS and MS being able to sleeping together with JS's blessing-- all so JS can sleep! JMO

ETA: I didn't recall this was 2023 and thought it was a topic during the current missing investigation interviews so please disregard if last year. In JS defense, if 2023, I probably wouldn't recall either!

Last edited:
This is a text conversation between JS and SS. I don't doubt JS is complaining about MS's restless motions, sleep habits, movement in bed, which JS has complained about in every interview. JS insists her meds don't work if she does not have a good nights rest and we know the world is all about JS.

Also, I'd guess the date here is consistent with JS starting training for her new job and she knows she has to complete a period of gainful employment so she can later claim disability again. This is JS's earnings system.

But more important, this text is music to SS's ears because it means SS and MS being able to sleeping together with JS's blessing-- all so JS can sleep! JMO
It could be as simple as needing a good night sleep, but if true it didnt last long. Maddi was still sleeping with jenn.
I don't know where jenn was working in June 2023, or if she was training, her linkedin was posted in the early threads. ( or someone caught it before it was deleted and posted the contents )

Last edited:
It could be as simple as needing a good night sleep, but if true it didnt last long. Maddi was still sleeping with jenn.
I doing know where jenn was working in June 2023, or if she was training, her linked in was posted in the early threads.
I wondered if this communication was when MS was staying at her grandmother's house. Again, giving JS the opportunity to sleep alone.

I'd say it's a given that she knew allowing it was wrong from the start, but my question has to do with a certain time period. I can't say for sure, but I thought JS was texting SS that statement "Maddie is no longer sleeping with me, I can't risk it." during the time SS was not living there. That matters. Also, if Maddie was not sleeping with JS during that time, and SS wasn't living there... then what was the risk? Where was Maddie sleeping if not with JS then?

Did it have something to do with losing control over her? Something to do with the rent? It wasn't like the arrangement hadn't been going on for years, so what was new? The new was that Maddie was sleeping independently? Can't risk it... those words need explaining.

I could be way off if questioning it this way, and it's all MOO.
could it be about him visiting? like where am I going to sleep? who know's what that sheister was trying to set up.

June 16,2023( was it 23?) she texted "maddie isn't sleeping with me anymore I cant risk it ..."
I cant find the exact dates of any SA after feb 2023 because they document incidents that occurred when maddi was under 12
it occurred between ( feb 2023- Feb 2024) just no exact dates.
In the photos of the SA in August 2022 they found the same articles ( clothing bedding, towels ) that were consistent with items found in the bedrooms during the search warrant in feb 2024. so whos room was it? , which articles were in the photos in Aug of 2022 that are still there in 2024 , Bedding? if so, bed room no#4 had white sheets and a grey blanket so not really good for ID purposes,
( maddi isnt sleeping with me anymore because I cant risk.... photos taken of her in this bed ???
we have inventory of room 4 and maddis makeshift room, I can't find the inventory of jenns room, BUT why would SS clothing be in maddis room so...??
Yes @ttjo it is hard to understand ‘I can’t risk it’ when taken out of context. As I believe @iamshadow21 posted earlier, it is likely that investigators have the corresponding preceding text from SS or who JS was texting? And with that history (if they do) it would aid to understand this better?

Reflecting, it might be that it centers on JS discussion where MS might ‘sleep’ perhaps IMO? And since MS is not apparently ‘sleeping’ with JS any longer, there are only two other options - 1) in MS space (where there were other statements given IIRC) that she didn’t sleep due to absence of privacy; 2) upstairs in another room (including with SS)? Or possibly even some other remote or yet unknown location?

If that is the case, it seems one might conclude that JS was aware of some risk in having MS sleep in such an environment? And if so, MS (a minor) was requested, asked, or ‘allowed’ to be placed in an endangering environment it seems IMO. MOO

She said maddi slept with her almost every night and she can count on one hand how many times she didnt .
SBMFF

So... if that's the case... why did Maddie need a bed, behind a screen, in the living room? One that had a tri-pod in a picture that I can no longer find so call it JMO. Seriously though... if she always slept w/ JS, and on rare occasions that she can count on one hand when she didn't (sounds like she then either slept with SS or if he wasn't there, I suppose she could have always used the bed in room #4 since she didn't like to use the one in the living room).

June 16,2023( was it 23?) she texted "maddie isn't sleeping with me anymore I cant risk it ..." snipped to reply

Thank You. Was SS not living there at that time? I've lost track of when he lost his Disney job and if he moved out then or before the fall of 2023?

it would be good to know if he visited in June of 2023 around the time of that text, with these 2 it could be anything, they're both so odd, discussing her personal business i.e.cycles
IDK just was a hunch, about being in the same bed, and then yeah it would indicate knowledge.
where's the rest of that context.? what was she responding too?

...had a tri-pod in a picture that I can no longer find
Are you sure it wasn't an LE tri-pod? I believe you, but that would be a ridiculous place to sneak that kind of activity.
(sounds like she then either slept with SS or if he wasn't there, I suppose she could have always used the bed in room #4 since she didn't like to use the one in the living room).
That's the question I'm stuck on-- if Maddie was just not sleeping with JS when SS wasn't even living there, then what would be the risk??? Would Maddie start to figure something out?

(JS admitted she let MS go upstairs alone with SS to watch movies, but she told LE in interview that she wasn't going to allow it to be a steady thing.)

I think that can't risk it statement means something more, and JS didn't even attempt to create a lie about what she meant, but it puzzles me what she could've meant. MOO

Are you sure it wasn't an LE tri-pod? I believe you, but that would be a ridiculous place to sneak that kind of activity.

That's the question I'm stuck on-- if Maddie was just not sleeping with JS when SS wasn't even living there, then what would be the risk??? Would Maddie start to figure something out?

(JS admitted she let MS go upstairs alone with SS to watch movies, but she told LE in interview that she wasn't going to allow it to be a steady thing.)
yes it is a ridiculous place to sneak, unless it was during a sleepover/ slumber party? :rolleyes:
Jenn said in one of those interviews maddi never really ever slept in that bed, ( her makeshift room) I'll try to find a clip.

It was that Maddie was no long sleeping with JS, and she can't risk it. Big difference. It means all that claiming that Maddie didn't like to sleep alone could be proven untrue by that statement.

That's it! And what couldn't she risk? It's such a strange statement, and I expected LE to dig deeper into why she'd say that, but no they let her fall back on she couldn't remember. Why she'd say such a very strange thing. MOO, it points to something... something that JS seemed to link herself to being held responsible if revealed. If Maddie wasn't sleeping with JS, then where was she sleeping?

MOO
I wonder if JS herself was having thoughts of harming MS out of jealousy. "I cannot risk it."

I wonder if JS herself was having thoughts of harming MS out of jealousy. "I cannot risk it."
Would she tell that to SS that she was jealous, but not into having sex with him herself? I don't know. MOO, we're talking about some twisted logic people here, so anything is possible.

Didn't she most likely get some child support for MS and maybe other benefits for having a child? I'd think her selfishness would point to the loss of monetary if she were to lose Maddie. You'd think she'd definitely not want to be part of a plan to off her own daughter.

When I consider how that piece of trash SS betrayed and abused this child, I want to "kill him with my bare hands" as the saying goes. I cannot understand her mother's demeanor (as most of you have already expressed). Poor little Maddie could not possibly have understood her reality from a mature point of view or as outsiders see it. Is it too terrible of me to hope he's put into the general population of the jail/prison?
I almost hate to say this and I have been reluctant for some time. Howe er I have a friend who is about 63 now and she was abused by her father and his friends and her mother and her brother knew it and did nothing. In fact, her older brothers guarded the door. She was abused by him (them) when she was 7 until she was 13. She has gone to therapy on and off, but doesn't like to talk about it even to therapists or priests. She told me that after a while she liked it (sexual gratification) and felt like she was preferable to him over her mother, and thus, felt more attractive than her mother. It has been horrible for her, and she has had periods of alcohol and drug abuse. I kind of maintain my distance, but her husband has been my best friend for 40 years. They had a daughter who the husband raised. He has been able to work at home almost since he was working age and that has been really fortunate. Her and the daughter barely speak (the daughter is now 27) now and when they do, the mother tries the "oh, poor me" routine, and the daughter can't understand why she doesn't and hasn't gotten help. It is a terrible mess, and I try to support the daughter as a mother figure because she has no other female in her life. These things can take incredibly turns, which after the initial abuse, is hard to believe it can get worse. But I wonder about Madeline in a similar situation. MOO. Katt

I don't know where jenn was working in June 2023, or if she was training, her linkedin was posted in the early threads. ( or someone caught it before it was deleted and posted the contents )
Employment: in the portion of the interview on 2/28 where she thinks she is going to be attending the press conference, but instead she was questioned and showed pics of SS's body part to identify and be told there were pics of S/A, she indicated this:

Det: how long have you been working at Coronado Springs
JS: for less than two weeks
Det: oh so you just started there
JS: yeah
Det: are you just like in training or how does it work
JS: yeah I'm in training right now
Det: okay what did you do before that
JS: I was a substitute teacher for a little bit but for the most part for the last few years I've just been living off disability

more disturbing in this interview (gawd there is so much): she is so focused on separating the issues, missing and S/A cant be connected. actually its downright weird to say what she said considering in this interview she says she needs more evidence but says she believes it about the 'sexual acts'...she doesnt refer to it as abuse.

JS: can I make one decision now and change my mind later if I decide not to press charges now could I change my mind and press charges later
Det: it's a lot to digest okay so you, I don't want to make you answer that right now you know um but when we come back we'll talk more about it okay when I come back.
Det: let's take some time to process everything cuz you're going through a lot right now but right now I mean, I mean in my eyes that it sounds bad but almost secondary because we want to worry about this afterwards
Det: she's our main focus
JS: that's where I'm at I'm I know that the sexual sexual acts happened but I'm not convinced that he didn't take her to school I'm not convinced that he's the reason she's gone cuz if this had been going on for so long
what's the motive why Monday why that day why the day after her birthday when we were supposed to spend the entire week together and have such a great time. <-----where is the outrage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

its a must listen again (or first time). I would need to find the appropriate acceptable link to the audio interview. :) but the text is taken from the transcript.

and:

Det: who would have been driving your car between Monday and now other than you
JS: Stephan
Det: okay, 3:00 in the morning?
JS: if if he says he was out driving around trying to think trying to look think of places to look
for Madeline
Det: you didn't go with him to look?
JS: no
Det: why?
JS: I have to stay home take my meds and go to sleep
Det: BIG SIGH... okay

I think Maddie had grown out of the phase where she had to be sleeping with another; and had been using Room 4 for some time. I also think JS was getting some pressure to rent out, or otherwise pay additional rent for, Room 4 from her father. IIRC when SS lived in that house he paid $600/month to JS's father to overnight in Room 4..
So the context for the text exchange could be: SS and JS are talking the current bedroom assignments, JS says MS has been sleeping in Room 4; SS says why don't you move all MS's stuff (currently in the makeshift space...) into Room 4. JS says MS no longer even sleeps with her, and if she makes up Room 4 for Maddie to occupy going forward, then JS's father is going to want her to pay more rent...and she can't risk that.
Its still an odd choice of words; she could just as easily said "I can't afford that". However: "risk" is consistent with JS's inclination toward the dramatic, her cloak of victimization.

Entirely speculative, couldn't prove it right now....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serge
Back