Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Is it paint or rather a liquid cement mixture?
Interesting question @FromGermany1 … I wonder if it might have been dried remnants of an attempt to make ‘slime’ or something similar? Or perhaps something in the backpack exploded or leaked?

ETA….. if deliberate, perhaps an attempt to obscure fingerprints or other trace evidence? MOO

Last edited:
it looks kind of chalky like plaster or something, what is it? I would have guessed someone else dumped something in after but how would it get inside the white trash bag he used? There are pics of it and the rest of the garbage in the dumpster was that paint everywhere?
Not only did it get inside the trash bag, but it apparently got inside the backpack itself. So... he must have poured something inside it? Except it looks like he poured stuff directly onto the meds items. And why squash them? Not sure what was going on in his head.

I don't think Maddie had a lot of friends. She had such turmoil and trauma going on in her life which can sometimes lead to pulling back from others socially, or in reverse, acting inappropriately in certain situations.

Whatever the case may have been, I feel such sadness for how she was forced to live her life and how it brutally ended by a sick predator. Madeline should not have had to die to find peace or happiness in this world. :(

JMO
I just wish someone, a family member or even one of the renters who lived there, would have been concerned about the living situation there and intervened in some way.
Unemployed, medicated, mental issues, and a young girl living amongst it all. Definitely not a healthy environment for a child. IMO

Exactly. I can't find anywhere in the documents or audio recordings where SS or JS mention giving MS her morning medication. JS was apparently woken up by SS that morning, she doesn't mention like, Hey, make sure Maddie takes her medication before you leave. Meds were such a big part of these people's lives. It's one of the reasons supposedly SS came by Sunday night so he could make sure Maddie was following her nighttime routine. And they complained MS was not taking her meds at grandma's house. And yet Monday rolls around and not a whimper about morning meds from these two. It's just like they got up, made good time, Maddie didn't want McDonald's, dropped her off close to the school, and yeah that was it.
Him and that “made good time” and the “we had time to kill” comments.
He sure did.

I don't think Maddie had a lot of friends. She had such turmoil and trauma going on in her life which can sometimes lead to pulling back from others socially, or in reverse, acting inappropriately in certain situations.

Whatever the case may have been, I feel such sadness for how she was forced to live her life and how it brutally ended by a sick predator. Madeline should not have had to die to find peace or happiness in this world. :(

JMO
There was that photo of her by the lake, posted by her friends' mother on FB. The Granma said he had two friends at the party? There was a group of friends interviewed on youtube as well.

She definitely had at least some friends. I take comfort in that.

I wondered about the paint myself after seeing the items from her backpack. Also the squashed med containers. What in the world was that about? And paint is messy. There'd have to have been splatters from the looks of what I saw. I just can't imagine what that was about and why and when it was done. Also, why is the background of what those pics taken on smudged with the same color paint? Was the paint not dry on Maddie's things? Talk about things that make you go Hmmm...

View attachment 534779

View attachment 534777View attachment 534781
View attachment 534780

Pics start about 1min in:

Didn't LE retrieve those items from the relay station, not the bin itself? Perhaps it had already been compacted in some measure and the paint, exploded whoever's it was.

JMO

I just wish someone, a family member or even one of the renters who lived there, would have been concerned about the living situation there and intervened in some way.
Unemployed, medicated, mental issues, and a young girl living amongst it all. Definitely not a healthy environment for a child. IMO

They are culpable, imo. They would have known. The pictures show a 4 Bedroom condo where they're practically ontop of eachother. The living space is small, the kitchen is small, there is not much distance between the bedrooms, bet the walls are thin, bet those beds are creaky (they are cheap) and her 'space' (hate this part....) was apparently that partitioned section in the living space. You can literally see through gaps.

I mean, really? They all must have known. From interviews, I think they all might only speak Spanish? But even so, you'd know something was off very quickly living there. You'd see them both emerge from the same room or something, you'd hear. Vile.

There was that photo of her by the lake, posted by her friends' mother on FB. The Granma said he had two friends at the party? There was a group of friends interviewed on youtube as well.

She definitely had at least some friends. I take comfort in that.
Yes, I feel tender on the close relationship she had with one friend from school. I recall my close friends at that age and how important they were to me.
jmo

They are culpable, imo. They would have known. The pictures show a 4 Bedroom condo where they're practically ontop of eachother. The living space is small, the kitchen is small, there is not much distance between the bedrooms, bet the walls are thin, bet those beds are creaky (they are cheap) and her 'space' (hate this part....) was apparently that partitioned section in the living space. You can literally see through gaps.

I mean, really? They all must have known. From interviews, I think they all might only speak Spanish? But even so, you'd know something was off very quickly living there. You'd see them both emerge from the same room or something, you'd hear. Vile.
Nobody wanted to get involved. And that probably made MS feel like this must be normal. IMO

Nobody wanted to get involved. And that probably made MS feel like this must be normal. IMO
And I think the roommates perhaps didn't want to jeopardize a nice, affordable place to live by making waves with the landlord's daughter.

jmo

Ventolin, which that inhaler is, is supplied in a pressurised canister. An aerosol can. Not plausible, IMO.

MOO
Although it is likely not related to this case, 10-15 years ago, albuterol, the active ingredient in most rescue inhalers was made available over the counter in the UK. It was soon switched back to prescription status because of several deaths. Although albuterol is generally considered safe and effective. Excessive use can lead to cardiac issues or delayed advanced treatment for asthma attacks.

It is possible, although I feel extremely unlikely, that MS may have had an asthma attack during some type of abuse, and was not given appropriate treatment and died.

Nothing would surprise me in this case.

I know the color doesn't match but I found this type of paint when looking for the best primers for miniatures. The paint could have been something like this and SS probably had it with him already.

Attachments

• 1727882310680.png
    1727882310680.png
    639 KB · Views: 2

JMO
you made a great point about her change in behaviour....

I listened to her ex-husband's audio interview, March...it encompasses alot more than the written narrative. his daughter and Madeline would play a game called Minecraft via Discord platform. they played for several years and was still playing until she 'went missing. Madeline's behaviour changed at some point. she was playing aggressively and was hostile. his daughter complained to him about it and almost stopped playing with her...then...he says, a couple of months ago, his daughter said Madeline was playing nice again with her. which now he realizes coincides with SS having moved out.

reflecting back, he talked about a few times his daughter stayed in that 'effin house' he says (knowing now what happened to Madeline). this is when he lived in Orlando after they split up and before the move to Colorado....he now is freaked how his daughter was unknowingly in danger....he wanted his daughter and Madeline to stay connected, like sisters. and they did up to the point she became 'missing'.

he also mentioned that he would want to talk to JS's mother now at some point to understand why she never liked SS, was it anything specific so he would look out for it in the future. I doubt her mother would share with him why she didnt like him other than he was an unemployed slug. if she suspected 'inappropriateness', it didnt rise obviously to a reportable level, for anyone in Madeline's orbit.

he would ask Madeline how things were going with her mom and SS and HER but she never shared anything with him, and for now, his daughter says the same thing, nothing negative or of concern about SS. obviously, if his daughter does share anything in the future, he says he will contact LE.

you made a great point about her change in behaviour....

I listened to her ex-husband's audio interview, March...it encompasses alot more than the written narrative. his daughter and Madeline would play a game called Minecraft via Discord platform. they played for several years and was still playing until she 'went missing. Madeline's behaviour changed at some point. she was playing aggressively and was hostile. his daughter complained to him about it and almost stopped playing with her...then...he says, a couple of months ago, his daughter said Madeline was playing nice again with her. which now he realizes coincides with SS having moved out.

reflecting back, he talked about a few times his daughter stayed in that 'effin house' he says (knowing now what happened to Madeline). this is when he lived in Orlando after they split up and before the move to Colorado....he now is freaked how his daughter was unknowingly in danger....he wanted his daughter and Madeline to stay connected, like sisters. and they did up to the point she became 'missing'.

he also mentioned that he would want to talk to JS's mother now at some point to understand why she never liked SS, was it anything specific so he would look out for it in the future. I doubt her mother would share with him why she didnt like him other than he was an unemployed slug. if she suspected 'inappropriateness', it didnt rise obviously to a reportable level, for anyone in Madeline's orbit.

he would ask Madeline how things were going with her mom and SS and HER but she never shared anything with him, and for now, his daughter says the same thing, nothing negative or of concern about SS. obviously, if his daughter does share anything in the future, he says he will contact LE.
Rbbm

I don't know anything about those games/platforms but are they avatar-type applications? Maybe not MS at all? Maybe SS hogged in on MS's account and he was aggressive and hostile.

i shudder to think what MS night have to "pay" to play on her own device.

I can't stand the thought of his whiny, sniveling self enjoying his little stash of rootbeer barrels. I'd rather learn he's on permanent latrine duties.

Still too good for him.

JMO

Although it is likely not related to this case, 10-15 years ago, albuterol, the active ingredient in most rescue inhalers was made available over the counter in the UK. It was soon switched back to prescription status because of several deaths. Although albuterol is generally considered safe and effective. Excessive use can lead to cardiac issues or delayed advanced treatment for asthma attacks.

It is possible, although I feel extremely unlikely, that MS may have had an asthma attack during some type of abuse, and was not given appropriate treatment and died.

Nothing would surprise me in this case.
She died by strangulation.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member