Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think it's the latter. It blows my mind that she immediately told Stern's to lawyer up. Again she's more worried about everything but her daughter. It's sickening. No Wanting to go for his jugular. "It's not Evil". I can't abide that. No way. No How.MOO
CS said she emphasized " get him a lawyer now" even giving her the benefit of the doubt, ( because there is no tone in text) I wondered if it was possible she was reactive, like " lawyer up Im coming for him " but no. she said " they have evidence of him doing sexual acts with Maddi' CS asked how long, she said 2 years. Sounds like it was more "OMG they have evidence" and less "OMG hes been raping my daughter for years. I hope he rots in hell"

Last edited:
The Woody Allen thing really got me to thinking. What if JS told SS about her WA fear? You know, like in a joking (yet serious) way? Some of us have talked about the very likely gaslighting on SS's part. What if this was one of the gaslightling incidents that we've suspected were going on? She brings up her fear and he gaslights her into thinking she was stupid for even thinking it, and all the while he was raping her daughter whenever he had the opportunity to. :(
she did tell SS: interview 2/29. a few questions/answers prior to the woody statement to keep context:

JS: if anything I've always I've always told him that my biggest fear is that this would turn into a Woody Allen situation where the stepdaughter or ssfather or the dad grooms the child and the child turns 18 and ends up
running away with him I told him like that was my biggest fear and I don't ever want that happening like you can't do that to me.

LE asks why she would say that to SS, she said she was told never to trust a man. this was imbedded in her by HER MOTHER. she didnt really answer the question what prompted her to say that to SS.

Just a theory: last night I heard the parts of her police interview that I have not heard before. 3 things
1. She stated called Stephan and invited him for the week. and " we were going to have a great time", Jenn has never spoken of a call between him and Maddi that Saturday, the possible catalyst of it all. Considering the circumstances if madi hadn't told her already, you would think SS might have by now or heard it while lurking in forums like this or the news, even CS should have told her about this event that created a need for tranquilizers. I wonder if she ever asked LE about a phone bill or anything , ( I dont think so)

2. she lost her sex drive way back, she was also jealous about SS sleeping with his Disney fling, she said she wouldn't sleep with him after he had sex with someone else. She needed a nanny, but her nanny ( SS) had a sex drive so how does she get around that while "living life with her eyes closed."

3 too long a list to mention all the things she did after that are sketchy, the " we" statements, insisting she "never made it" after the drop off, implying maddi was absolutely dropped off, like the investigation should start after that point. Presenting that maddi was seen on the church camera as though it was fact. The hopelessness of finding her because they have done everything and Maddi is not trackable as if to say "the show is over people, you can go home now" . Asking to see more evidence after seeing the SA pics, because she is identifying his peen from the items in the pic not by his actual peen. Even then she doubts the items in the picture because " there isnt much space" around the graphic image " now she needs to see maddi's face in the pic, just to have confirmation, in case she will not have the option to look later and it will be a missed opportunity to be able to confirm and she might regret that. Even after seeing maddis face, she still has doubts its SS and asks how do you know that it is SS ? cop says whether its him or not who else would have been in your house with their peen in your daughters mouth?? even then, she needs to think about whether she wants to press charges, and checks to see if she can change her mind later?
At this point MY opinion is she is protective for a reason, so what is it?

Anyways, it's just all so sickening that my list can go on and on and on.
I better stop here and let someone else add their list too.
I agree. I never understood why JS changed her original statement to LE, when she differentiated that SS, not her and SS took Maddie to work and not getting out of bed to 9 to saying ‘we’ dropped Maddie to school and being there when she left at the church for the press conference the next day. It would have likely been more beneficial and less confusing for search parties if she stuck with the truth that she originally told LE. Then again, I don’t even know why SS was even there at that press conference since he barely talked or contributed anything useful and had his arms cross and was stood stiff behind JS a really intimidating and off-putting stance from the cameras angle). If anything, JS’ family, like her mom, stepfather, sister and brother should have been there, they were actively involved in the search, speaking with LE, seemed to genuinely love Maddie and they probably would have thought to include pictures of Maddie for the conference and kept JS’ timeline and accounting of events straight, IMO.

I felt also felt like the sense of loss and grief was more palpable when it came to the search for Maddie when it revealed that it wasn’t her in the video by the church. It further heightened the reality that she was missing, possibly injured, harmed or worse. Her aunt and grandmother seemed particularly hopeful in their interviews with news station when they first reported that she was seen on CCTV by the church and then that was snatched away days later. I wonder if JS felt the same way. Like the CCTV seemed to ignite hope that Maddie, their daughter, niece, granddaughter, was still alive because thet thought it was her on camera, the individual dressed in similar colors to her as she typically wore on gym day, and LE hasn’t ruled out the possibility yet when she and her family reported it. Perhaps shared the potential existence of Maddie seen on CCTV too prematurely but I can also imagine it was a way for Maddie’s loved ones to hold onto a ray of hope, IMO. I could imagine LE felt dishearten or sad too when they delivered the news that it wasn’t her.

Advising CS to get SS a lawyer, on the other hand, is incomprehensible. She shouldn’t care about SS getting a lawyer, I she should care about getting him to talk because he raped, exploited and violated her daughter. Not to mention he was the last one to see Maddie alive and now further proof exist that he both has the capacity to harm Maddie and a possible motive, fear of exposure of the CSAM, to possible kill her and hide her remains like the monster he is.

she did tell SS: interview 2/29. a few questions/answers prior to the woody statement to keep context:

JS: if anything I've always I've always told him that my biggest fear is that this would turn into a Woody Allen situation where the stepdaughter or ssfather or the dad grooms the child and the child turns 18 and ends up
running away with him I told him like that was my biggest fear and I don't ever want that happening like you can't do that to me.

LE asks why she would say that to SS, she said she was told never to trust a man. this was imbedded in her by HER MOTHER. she didnt really answer the question what prompted her to say that to SS.
This woman is so pitiful! Yes, she has "always" told him. It's been an ongoing theme where she has told him over and over again, for a long time. I just cannot believe that she was unaware of Maddie's rapes by him. I can't even stand to look at her as she tries to weasel her way out of her pitiful lies. MOO.

ETA: And she lays the blame on her mother. Her mother told her to never trust a man. OMG. And yet, she lets this creepy pedophile have free reign with her daughter for at least 5 years, even sending them off to sleep together, where he was able to rape her daughter over and over again.

She is so ridiculous and insane to think people believe her! IMO.

Last edited:
CS said she emphasized " get him a lawyer now" because there is no tone in text I wondered if it was possible she was reactive. like " lawyer up Im coming for him " but no. she said " they have evidence of him doing sexual acts with Maddi' CS asked how long, she said 2 years. Sounds more like it was more "OMG they have evidence" and less "OMG hes been raping my daughter for years. I hope he rots in hell"
BINGO. No let me at him. No Throw the book at him. No champing at the bit to get to him,and give him what for. JUST " Get him a lawyer now" "It's not Evil" "We took her school""We dropped her off close to the school". MOO

Thank you! I wish they had asked her what SS's response to her WA issue was. Missed opportunity IMO!

I felt also felt like the sense of loss and grief was more palpable when it came to the search for Maddie when it revealed that it wasn’t her in the video by the church. It further heightened the reality that she was missing, possibly injured, harmed or worse. Her aunt and grandmother seemed particularly hopeful in their interviews with news station when they first reported that she was seen on CCTV by the church and then that was snatched away days later. I wonder if JS felt the same way. Like the CCTV seemed to ignite hope that Maddie, their daughter, niece, granddaughter, was still alive because thet thought it was her on camera, the individual dressed in similar colors to her as she typically wore on gym day, and LE hasn’t ruled out the possibility yet when she and her family reported it. Perhaps shared the potential existence of Maddie seen on CCTV too prematurely but I can also imagine it was a way for Maddie’s loved ones to hold onto a ray of hope, IMO. I could imagine LE felt dishearten or sad too when they delivered the news that it wasn’t her.
Grief and all, I can accept that people aren't thinking clearly. ( maybe she was hopeful, it wasnt confirmed but maybe not debunked either ) especially in the beginning when there is all the fight flight, freeze, fawn and fib ( for children) stuff going on.
when you hear L/E say to her sister while watching the church surveillance something to the effect of "we cant really tell who it is, its too far away and too grainy. It should have never been told to jenn that it was maddi because there was never confirmation.

Rbbm

There it is.

You can't do that to me.

Where is: you can't do that to MS???????

Not even, it would devastate me if you did that to/with her.

It's like she created an environment for the manhood is the only friend she let's her daughter have. Slumber parties? Sleepovers? I don't care who started calling them that. "But it can't happen ALL the time." How about NEVER THE TIME? What wiring got jumbled in her head to go from not trusting men to relinquishing trust to SS? Because he said he wouldn't? Because you choose not to see? Might as well put a rattlesnake in the crib.

Was MS supposed to mother and protect herself? From a predator whose presence her mother endorsed by unspoken nod and who had been grooming her from early primary school???????

No doubt SS groomed JS too, to believe he was safe, or to put his needs over everyone else's or somesuch, but wow, just wow. I'm going to need to see some documentation that she is functionally impaired because willfully ignorant is no defense. She wasn't a peer to MS. She wasn't a roommate. She had custody. Duty of care...

Here's an idea. Give MS your bed, get yourself a cot beside her, send the bed-wetting dog to sleep on SS's bed. In any house that's not yours.

Scary to think that, had MS made it to school that day and been abducted by a stranger, she'd have been safer than she was at home. At least she would have a chance.

It was always going to end badly. Sounds like JS drew her line in the sand. SHE would only tolerate it until MS turned 18. We can only guess what it was she would tolerate.

But from here, it sure looks like she handed the burden of fear to SS so instead of taking steps to maje sure NO man could groom, abuse and then run off with her daughter at 18, she created the environment to fulfill it.

Poor Maddie.

She needed a protector.

JMO

ETA: And she lays the blame on her mother. Her mother told her to never trust a man. OMG. And yet, she lets this creepy pedophile have free reign with her daughter for at least 5 years, even sending them off to sleep together, where he was able to rape her daughter over and over again.
Exactly like hello!!!! lights are on but...

Rbbm

There it is.

You can't do that to me.

Where is: you can't do that to MS???????

Not even, it would devastate me if you did that to/with her.

It's like she created an environment for the manhood is the only friend she let's her daughter have. Slumber parties? Sleepovers? I don't care who started calling them that. "But it can't happen ALL the time." How about NEVER THE TIME? What wiring got jumbled in her head to go from not trusting men to relinquishing trust to SS? Because he said he wouldn't? Because you choose not to see? Might as well put a rattlesnake in the crib.

Was MS supposed to mother and protect herself? From a predator whose presence her mother endorsed by unspoken nod and who had been grooming her from early primary school???????

No doubt SS groomed JS too, to believe he was safe, or to put his needs over everyone else's or somesuch, but wow, just wow. I'm going to need to see some documentation that she is functionally impaired because willfully ignorant is no defense. She wasn't a peer to MS. She wasn't a roommate. She had custody. Duty of care...

Here's an idea. Give MS your bed, get yourself a cot beside her, send the bed-wetting dog to sleep on SS's bed. In any house that's not yours.

Scary to think that, had MS made it to school that day and been abducted by a stranger, she'd have been safer than she was at home. At least she would have a chance.

It was always going to end badly. Sounds like JS drew her line in the sand. SHE would only tolerate it until MS turned 18. We can only guess what it was she would tolerate.

But from here, it sure looks like she handed the burden of fear to SS so instead of taking steps to maje sure NO man could groom, abuse and then run off with her daughter at 18, she created the environment to fulfill it.

Poor Maddie.

She needed a protector.

JMO
" You can't do that to Me" grrrrr. Zero You can't do that to my daughter. Her sweet innocent daughter. Zero concern there for Madelibe. Iirc LE stated that Madeline was the only victim. MOO.

Just a theory: last night I heard the parts of her police interview that I have not heard before. 3 things
1. She stated she called Stephan and invited him for the week. and " we were going to have a great time", Jenn has never spoken of a call between him and Maddi that Saturday, the possible catalyst of it all. Considering the circumstances if madi hadn't told her already, you would think SS might have by now or heard it while lurking in forums like this or the news, even CS should have told her about this event that created a need for tranquilizers. I wonder if she ever asked LE about a phone bill or anything , ( I dont think so)

2. she lost her sex drive way back, she was also jealous about SS sleeping with his Disney fling, she said she wouldn't sleep with him after he had sex with someone else. She needed a nanny, but her nanny ( SS) had a sex drive so how does she get around that while "living life with her eyes closed."

3 too long a list to mention all the things she did after that are sketchy, the " we" statements, insisting she "never made it" after the drop off, implying maddi was absolutely dropped off, like the investigation should start after that point. Presenting that maddi was seen on the church camera as though it was fact. The hopelessness of finding her because they have done everything and Maddi is not trackable as if to say "the show is over people, you can go home now" . Asking to see more evidence after seeing the SA pics, because she is identifying his peen from the items in the pic not by his actual peen. Even then she doubts the items in the picture because " there isnt much space" around the graphic image " now she needs to see maddi's face in the pic, just to have confirmation, in case she will not have the option to look later and it will be a missed opportunity to be able to confirm and she might regret that. Even after seeing maddis face, she still has doubts its SS and asks how do you know that it is SS ? cop says whether its him or not who else would have been in your house with their peen in your daughters mouth?? even then, she needs to think about whether she wants to press charges, and checks to see if she can change her mind later?
At this point MY opinion is she is protective for a reason, so what is it?

Anyways, it's just all so sickening that my list can go on and on and on.
I better stop here and let someone else add their list too.
Bolded for reference.
Imo she knew about the SA and she knew about MS being deceased. For me that is the only logical reason for her bizarre behavior and statements.

Again Jmo.

That’s a possibility. I think that more than one scenario can exist and probably do exist. Imo JS has mental health issues, is not being truthful about not knowing about the SA and pics and videos, she brought up her fear of a WA situation to SS and was convinced by him that he would never do that to her. If he gaslighted JS or just assuaged her fears of leaving JS for MS because of the SA that JS was fully aware of, we may never know. I believe that as long as JS could “medicate” herself and sleep she didn’t care about anything else and most likely facilitated what went with SS and MS. It freed her up and she didn’t have to involve her family members to help out with MS. Medicating and sleeping were her life goals. MS’s existence and needs interfered with those goals and SS supported those goals. Jmo
Totally agree. JS's existence was about sleep and meds, plus keeping SS around. That's it.

jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ronjan
Back