Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Simplest explanation: SS didn't want MS's alarm to wake JS up so he slithered into her room to get the phone but managed to wake her and the dog up. It was only jolting for her for fear of a wet bed.

SS never reported the exchange because HE knew his real reason for being in there.

JMO

Simplest explanation: SS didn't want MS's alarm to wake JS up so he slithered into her room to get the phone but managed to wake her and the dog up. It was only jolting for her for fear of a wet bed.

SS never reported the exchange because HE knew his real reason for being in there.

JMO
In that scenario, JS would not be aware of MS death.

I'm on the fence whether she knew or not, leaning toward she knew. That's based on her demeanor and actions, not any specific piece of evidence that shows her knowledge. It's an opinion.

jmo

But did jenn not tell the detective that the phone was in maddis makeshift room when she discovered it, and brought it to school with her. she said she probably plugged it in while she was getting ready. ( even tho she didnt see, she has all the answers)
That's how I recall it (that her phone was in "Maddie's room").

Last edited:
what do you make of this ?
"Im so glad that this happened or this would have continued to keep happening" 1:18:06

I haven't watched 100% of the interview, but I took it as she was saying she was glad law enforcement found the evidence of the sexual abuse on his phone, because otherwise the abuse would have continued to happen.

(On a side note, she seems to be trying to check boxes and answer how she thought she should more than answering questions genuinely, IMO.

It really bothered me when he was calling the abuse between Madeline and SS a "relationship," and she didn't tell him to stop calling the abuse of her little girl a "relationship." I suppose he was calling it that for strategic purposes.

And she really did say "the sex stuff" was "okay" and not evil. Her normal-meter must be long gone.)

what do you make of this ?
"Im so glad that this happened or this would have continued to keep happening" 1:18:06
Full context:

LE1: Cuz him getting arrested for victimizing her was an accident. We only discovered she was a victim because we took his phone.

JS: Well, I'm so happy that happened because if not, this would have continued to keep happening.

LE1: Well it wouldn't have, because he killed her on Monday.

So to me, what she was trying to say is she's glad they took SS's phone, saw the CSAM with him and Maddie, and arrested him for it in order for it to stop happening to her. That's why LE was all.... it wouldn't have (continued to keep happening) because he killed her on Monday.

Then...

<unintelligible> she had been found. I don't know why.

Thats possible, I dont know when that dog eats , but the dog dish was in there too.
Jenn did tell the detective that maddi kept her phone on her side of the bed in jenns room usually , as in , when maddi slept there. (in the middle of them) so side? what side? I know she means the side thats not Jenns.

But did jenn not tell the detective that the phone was in maddis makeshift room when she discovered it, and brought it to school with her. she said she probably plugged it in while she was getting ready. ( even tho she didnt see, she has all the answers)
yes, JS said she saw Madeline's phone on her nightstand. page 56

page 67 - Madeline's phone was unplugged from the charger at 7:04am, then powered off at 7:16am. at 10:55am, the phone is turned back on. SS and <roommate's name redacted> were in the residence at that time. JS was not.

page 73 - JS is now with her lawyer LE subpoena interview: she was putting stuff away and saw Madeline's phone on her bureau.

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't watched 100% of the interview, but I took it as she was saying she was glad law enforcement found the evidence of the sexual abuse on his phone, because otherwise the abuse would have continued to happen.

(On a side note, she seems to be trying to check boxes and answer how she thought she should more than answering questions genuinely, IMO.

It really bothered me when he was calling the abuse between Madeline and SS a "relationship," and she didn't tell him to stop calling the abuse of her little girl a "relationship." I suppose he was calling it that for strategic purposes.

And she really did say "the sex stuff" was "okay" and not evil. Her normal-meter must be long gone.)
My hunch is he figured out that a "relationship" between SS and her daughter bothered JS more than rape, assault, abuse.

Or, it could be he softened the word out of respect for her being the mom. But I think he used it because he knew it would agitate her, hopefully enough to start spilling the beans.

But, nope.

jmo

My hunch is he figured out that a "relationship" between SS and her daughter bothered JS more than rape, assault, abuse.

Or, it could be he softened the word out of respect for her being the mom. But I think he used it because he knew it would agitate her, hopefully enough to start spilling the beans.

But, nope.

jmo
Perhaps there are no beans to spill?

the leashing part
JS and SS while on speaker phone with her ex SY.....with SS butting in when JS was trying to remember when she woke up 'because of the dog'...page 62

both JS and SS are liars so it is hard to discern who came up with the dog interruptus leash story. according to SS he said he interacted with JS several times that morning. she claims just the dog leashing and went right back to sleep.

It's the "otherwise it would have continued" that bugs me. Do you think she is truly in denial that maddi could be deceased? and not known anything about the murder/not involved or is it a show?

you know, I dont even know if it was a big dog, I just heard one of them say Jenn didnt like that the dog knocked maddie over when she was smaller. Maybe they got a new dog since then? Either way, big or small, a dog peeing on the bed is still a dog peeing on the bed, even if its just dribbles from being excited.
JS didn't like the dog knocking MS over but SS on the other hand is A-OK? Good grief. :rolleyes:

But, nope.

jmo
saying "relationship", "dating " like it was consensual, to rattle her, to see if her reaction would shed light on how much she knew. It was good strategy, but Jenn can be hard to read, she lacks insight, admits she struggles with mental health, How do you know what to believe. What is genuine and truthful, whats an act, whats mental health?
and the " or else it would continue"
Did she say it cause she didnt know about the murder/ wasnt involved or did she say it to give off that impression. At this point she knew enough to make a reasonable deduction didnt she?
Maybe this is why there' are no charges, they have to prove that she was aware of some things, and they are having a hard time, she has many alternative answers that are possible/viable.
How many times does she talk about taking her " psychiatric" meds or her "psychotropic" meds, She leads with excuses.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, and it has been said many times here by others too……. IMO based on publicly available evidence there is no practical way to believe anything that JS or SS says in this case. And now seems the same for CS and DS IMO.

It must be hard slow labor for these investigators. And I hope evidence, digital forensics, and other details will paint the picture. For justice for MS. :(

IMO it is infuriating to try and parse the words of anything from these individuals. And this is not taking anything from anyone here! Y’all have done a wondrous analysis of this case. MOO

Unfortunately, and it has been said many times here by others too……. IMO based on publicly available evidence there is no practical way to believe anything that JS or SS says in this case. And now seems the same for CS and DS IMO.

It must be hard slow labor for these investigators. And I hope evidence, digital forensics, and other details will paint the picture. For justice for MS. :(

IMO it is infuriating to try and parse the words of anything from these individuals. And this is not taking anything from anyone here! Y’all have done a wondrous analysis of this case. MOO
It is infuriating to see the reactions of JS and SS! I've never seen a case like this with such blasé behavior from involved adults!

I'm in the process of watching SS's interrogation and he just SITS THERE with the lamest of excuses that he's tired and out of it and in a fog. A child is missing (because of him) and he can't even muster up enough gumption to pretend to be concerned. He's just...foggy, poor fellow.

How these two adults functioned at all is baffling.

jmo

Do you think she is truly in denial that maddi could be deceased? and not known anything about the murder/not involved or is it a show?

I don't think she "knew" her daughter was deceased until they told her, because she seems to live in a state of much denial. I don't think she saw M. deceased, because I think she likely slept through the night and morning hours, not getting out of bed. JMO.

I don't think she "knew" her daughter was deceased until they told her, because she seems to live in a state of much denial. I don't think she saw M. deceased, because I think she likely slept through the night and morning hours, not getting out of bed. JMO.
I find it interesting when she asked LE about if they have surveillance video of Stern's taking Madeline's body out of the condo,and they don't answer. Also the fact that LE wouldn't show them the church parking lot video.it sounds like phishing to me. She's so worried about those,and getting him a lawyer. Her annoyed sighs at LE questions are infuriating. MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lillianlily
Back