Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The problem as I see it is none of these things is inconsistent with JS having killed Maddie and SS trying to cover it up for her.

I don't think that's what happened but I think he'll try to use that as a defense.
I agree, so far I haven't seen nor heard of anyone acknowledging that they witnessed the death. I agree there is plenty of evidence of her disposal and the disposal of her things. And, JS has admitted that she sent the two of them upstairs to sleep together.

Direct evidence? to my knowledge no. Plenty of circumstantial tho.
we don't know the time of death, ( no autopsy report has been seen)
BUT
if he was the last person to see her alive and a video that shows him throwing her backpack and laptop in the trash, and an admission ( lie) that he dropped her off at school, and later a video of him moving her to the trunk. Eyewitness testimony that saw him fixing a flat where her body was recovered. and COD is strangulation with a broken hyoid bone (in children its not typically caused by a hanging) and later a shredded tire that matches his vehicle. those are pretty good bread crumbs.
Time of death: ??? autopsy will hopefully know?
I'm fast forwarding to the trial and thinking about "reasonable doubt" the jury will have. So far, there is plenty of "reasonable doubt" on which one actually killed her. IMO

Last edited:

1:14:00
LE keep asking her, where do you think she is, where do you think he’s taken her, we need to find her. She has no suggestions, nothing! She could say so many places she knows he likes or goes often to, but she has nothing for LE.

1:17:00
Her voice changes, stops crying “Could you show me like a map of where around town he was so that I could point out maybe this maybe this maybe this?”

It really feels like she is fishing for information from the police. Does not want to give them info but wants info from them.

Also, 1:15:48
She asks how long he’ll be in jail for, she sobs when the officer says for life.

1:16:23
“Has he tried reaching out to you from jail?” She says no, then they ask her if she knows if he tried to reach out to anyone else, she says no, and says that she spoke to his dad but she doesn’t recall if she asked him. 1:16:50 - “I don’t remember this conversation this morning.” Is that the conversation when she told his dad to lawyer up and then she tells LE she doesn’t remember what they talked about?!

1:14:00
LE keep asking her, where do you think she is, where do you think he’s taken her, we need to find her. She has no suggestions, nothing! She could say so many places she knows he likes or goes often to, but she has nothing for LE.
Actually she did have suggestions. A place she used to go to at a Lake Lizzie Preserve. She might have mentioned other sites before and after where I've marked this video. Lake Lizzie was mentioned shortly after where I've cued it up.

Also, 1:15:48
She asks how long he’ll be in jail for, she sobs when the officer says for life.
That kinda makes it sound like she was crying over SS going to prison for life. Listening to the entire conversation makes me believe she was crying for her daughter. JMO!

JS: How long does somebody go to jail for this? Please tell me it's so much.

LE: If he did something to her that led to her death, yeah, he's going to prison for life.

JS: *sobbing*

LE: He's probably going to prison for life REDACTED.

JS: So multiple life sentences is fine. F him. OMG. *crying*

Actually she did have suggestions. A place she used to go to at a Lake Lizzie Preserve. She might have mentioned other sites before and after where I've marked this video. Lake Lizzie was mentioned shortly after where I've cued it up.

That kinda makes it sound like she was crying over SS going to prison for life. Listening to the entire conversation makes me believe she was crying for her daughter. JMO!

LE: If he did something to her that led to her death, yeah, he's going to prison for life.

I don’t think she says F him. It is f—ing something and I think she says if he gets multiple sentences is fine but f—ing him something, which is not clear what she says, is not. To me it does sound that she gives out a loud sob when she finds out he will go to jail for life. I think the sob was for him, not for Maddie.

I haven’t kept up over the last month or so cause of work/traveling… any major updates y’all can clue me in on without wading through the threads??

In the segment I quoted, they repeatedly ask her for ideas where he might have taken her, they tell her we need to find her, and she had nothing to give them.

I haven’t kept up over the last month or so cause of work/traveling… any major updates y’all can clue me in on without wading through the threads??
Mainly, lots of interviews with police have been released: SS, JS, SS's parents, roommates at the townhouse. We've been discussing them. It's overwhelming tbh. There are youtubers who have posted the interviews.

Last edited:
In the segment I quoted, they repeatedly ask her for ideas where he might have taken her, they tell her we need to find her, and she had nothing to give them.
Yes, the segment you listened to she didn't come up with anything. I agree. That is why sought out, and posted a link to the part in the interview where she did pony up options. She's sitting hunched over the phone looking up places and offering them up. Lake Lizzie Preserve being one.

And in the segment I quoted came from a different source than the one you listened to. I cued it up for people. Did you take a listen to it?

Yes, the segment you listened to she didn't come up with anything. I agree. That is why sought out, and posted a link to the part in the interview where she did pony up options. She's sitting hunched over the phone looking up places and offering them up. Lake Lizzie Preserve being one.

And in the segment I quoted came from a different source than the one you listened to. I cued it up for people. Did you take a listen to it?
My interpretation of her providing information is that she is faking it. The interaction reminds me of when she was happy to provide information about the Puerto Rican dish that Maddie liked to eat - JS is eager to get off the main topic and land on something where she feels comfortable.

Hey, maybe she is trying to be helpful, but to me it looks almost like soothing herself by LOOKING helpful but is actually avoiding being helpful.

I also admit I could be seeing the worst in the situation because I really find her off-putting and hard to understand. imo

jmo

Do you think she is truly in denial that maddi could be deceased?
I think that could be a very big possibility because psychologically a lot of parents, including those with at least some attachment or love for their kids, would not be able to bare the thought of their child’s death. I think too, in my opinion, that without proof of seeing their child’s actual body it may be not be unexpected for some parents of missing children to hold onto hope, no matter what the police and statistics say, that their child somehow survived and is still out there somewhere waiting to be saved. The denial, and sometimes even numbness, can be borne both partly out of love and partly out of the brain protecting itself from acknowledging a reality that would otherwise devastate someone and cause them to break apart mentally, emotionally and physically.

(The homicide investigator does note too that JS’ composure shatters as soon as the interview is done and she falls apart in her father’s arms right the interview room’s door.)
and not known anything about the murder/not involved or is it a show?
I am still unsure about this. Though it may seem unlikely, I think it may be possible that JS was unaware and possible still asleep or barely conscious during the actual time periods when Maddie was tragically assaulted and murdered and then later when SS romoving her remains and belongings from the home. The main reason I consider this may be a possibility is because of one JS’ roommates interviews in which they even that when JS is very difficult to arouse, or wake up, when she is asleep and medicated. JS was able to sleep through someone trying to break-in and her roommate’s multiple attempts to alert her and shame her awake. DS and CS seemed to have had similar experiences with JS and SS too after they had taken their medicine and fell asleep, according to their interviews. IMO not only was this a potentially dangerous or hazardous for MS and JS in light of the potential outcomes it could have lead to should another emergency had occurred, such as a house fire or grievous injury, while JS is asleep, it further enabled opportunists and predators to target and prey on her daughter, who was made even more vulnerable now that her main caregiver would be much less likely alert, arouse, respond and protect her. IMO SS not only used the medicine’s affects on JS’ to sexually assault and groom MS. Knowinf full well how difficult JS is to wake up and make adequately responsive it is possible that SS also used it to his advantage to carry out Maddie’s murder and to take her remains off the premises. MOO/speculation

My statement wasn't based on anything I've read or heard. It was based on how I know I'd feel and act if put in a super serious situation like that. I've been in some, but nothing like what she's gone through (but my life was in imminent danger and I could have ended up as a WS thread). I know how I acted while both IN that situation, and afterward. It hit hard once that extremely serious situation was over. I was VERY together while it was happening.

With that said... we all act differently when in stressful situations, and we all project how we'd act or feel on someone else, and judge her if she doesn't act as we think she should have. That's JMO.

Snipped for focus.

I hear you, and I agree completely. I understand being calm in a crisis and losing it later. I am like that myself. The problem for me is she's also not doing anything that a normal parent would do while also staying calm.

I can't go into my home because forensics is searching it. I would be questioning my "partner" why he thought they were searching there instead of near where he supposedly dropped her off--not telling him he needed to get a lawyer.

I've just been shown pictures of my "partner" SAing my daughter. I wouldn't be immediately texting his dad to get him a lawyer.

Having been shown those pictures, if I thought it was my decision, I wouldn't be waffling on whether to press charges.

If my daughter were missing, I wouldn't sit through hours of interviews with LE and not ask once what they were doing to find her.

IMO her behavior simply doesn't align with someone who is staying calm in a time of crisis.

She 'Misremembered' seeing her get dressed that morning. " We took her to school, We dropped her off close to the school". LIE LIE LIE " it's not Evil". Her telling Stern's parents to get him a lawyer. Her boohooing that it's her worst birthday. Ummm how about Madeline's Birthday? It's infuriating. I can't. I can only come up with one reason for her to do all those things. MOO
Bolded for focus. And it was two days before, not two years or even two months. How could you forget that quickly?

I'm reposting this that I posted earlier because the headline is misleading. This is new, not contemporaneous with Maddie's remains being found. Nancy's panel has some very interesting things to say about JS, in my opinion.

Bolded for focus. And it was two days before, not two years or even two months. How could you forget that quickly?
She's in a fog, she didn't get the right sleep, she has a new job, she needs her meds, she has fuzzy memory, she is scattered, she can't focus, she needs better sleep, she's in a fog, she's forgetful, she has a new job, she was woken up yet not woken up but turned off her alarm while listening to rain videos, in a fog with fuzzy thinking and needs more rest, her whole day is a fog but she had to be first in line for pickup at the school.

Or something like that.

jmo

For me it wouldn't matter if it was 2 days, months, years, or decades later. If my child went missing I'd for darn sure not forget what that day was like. I think it would be engrained in my brain.

In the 700+ images @ the 41: 07 it shows the storage room and on a white shelf are a several things that have me wondering.

He has a firewall - WatchGuard Firebox T25

View attachment 536598

A HIKVision security Hikvision produce a vast range of CCTV cameras and equipment, including IP cameras, HD analog cameras, management and analytics software, alarm systems, and many other assistive surveillance equipment.

View attachment 536599

An Arris router

View attachment 536600

An APC Backup and surge protector with all six of it's port full.

View attachment 536601

Several other things that I can't see the names clear enough.

Why would you need all that hooked up and ready to go in a storage unit?

Wow, great post, @ILikeToBendPages. If you're asking those questions, I'm sure LE asked them. It doesn't sound like just a set-up for video gaming. Hope we find out what else was going on. If there were others that were part of some kind of child po rn ring, maybe even traffiking ring, then I hope they all get busted and stopped in their tracks. Evil monsters preying on innocent children need to be put in cages.

She's in a fog, she didn't get the right sleep, she has a new job, she needs her meds, she has fuzzy memory, she is scattered, she can't focus, she needs better sleep, she's in a fog, she's forgetful, she has a new job, she was woken up yet not woken up but turned off her alarm while listening to rain videos, in a fog with fuzzy thinking and needs more rest, her whole day is a fog but she had to be first in line for pickup at the school.

Or something like that.

jmo
Woody Allen You can't do that to her, and now her birthday is the worst ever. Poor thing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
euvin3582
Back