Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Maybe he snuck in JS's room to get the crocs but didn't realize he dropped one because he's a doofus in a fog all the time.

I honestly cannot picture him carrying the body out of the house. It's probably more effort than he's put into anything for decades.

jmo
Well, the other option is JS doing it, and I don't see that happening. Too much exertion spent on someone other than herself.

MOO

Well, the other option is JS doing it, and I don't see that happening. Too much exertion spent on someone other than herself.

MOO
Yeah, I know he did carry the body - I just can't picture him putting in physical effort.

It was a big day for him....murder, carrying a dead body, driving around with a dead body, moving the body from the car to the trunk, disposing a dead body, changing a tire, and doing laundry.

jmo

Jenn had a profile on "rover", a site where you can post that you're available to dog sit/dog walk other people's dogs.

It's 100% possible she had a profile but had no clients whatsoever. We don't know. She certainly didn't run her own business in this case. The only job other than the Disney concierge she landed that she mentioned was the sub teaching job... so the Rover thing was at least 5 to 10 years ago I think (the pic of her on Rover looks like decades ago. She looks so different. )
Rover is for more than walking dogs. You can board, house sit, doggy day care, etc.

1728577503246.png

And she had at least 1 client that I'm aware of as I managed to take a SS of it before she closed her acct. I believe she had at least 1 more but didn't SS anything not of interest to the case. Speaking of taking a "SS"... this is what I put in my file:

1728577761124.png

Also... his dog Saylor looks a lot like the dog in the picture on the back of the couch in their Zillow pics IMO. Another SS I grabbed off her Rover acct before she closed it:

1728577811017.png

one shoe in Jens room and one in the garbage, does make you wonder how that happened. Someone put a croc in her back pack or hurriedly took them out to fit in a laptop and only put one back in?
I doubt it went down like that because the other croc was in JS's room under the window along with a pair of JS's white crocs. Different sizes though. He would have had to have done what you theorized in JS's room right by her bed.

That 1 croc in the trash is a complete headscratcher to me. How does one not notice they both grabbed only 1 shoe, and then stuffed only 1 shoe in a plastic bag.

Rover is for more than walking dogs. You can board, house sit, doggy day care, etc.

View attachment 536773

And she had at least 1 client that I'm aware of as I managed to take a SS of it before she closed her acct. I believe she had at least 1 more but didn't SS anything not of interest to the case. Speaking of taking a "SS"... this is what I put in my file:

View attachment 536775

Also... his dog Saylor looks a lot like the dog in the picture on the back of the couch in their Zillow pics IMO. Another SS I grabbed off her Rover acct before she closed it:

View attachment 536777

Saylor is her dog. He wrote this review just to try to help her get business.

I just remembered something... the croc wasn't in the backpack, it was in the bag the backpack was in. I remember a convo a few threads back about whether or not the croc was IN the backpack, or in the bag that the backpack was in.

I'm of the belief that the croc was in the same plastic bag as the backpack with the way they worded their report, it wasn't in the backpack. The report says: "contained a black backpack with what appeared to be a purple Hawaiian print and a white Croc". That's telling me that inside the plastic bag they saw a backpack and a white croc. It's discussing what was seen inside the plastic bag, not what was found inside the backpack. That was mentioned in their next sentence.

They go on to say "inside the backpack" they located a school computer with Maddie's name on it.

Pg 35 of 896:

Crime Scene investigators located a white trash bag that contained a black backpack with what appeared to be a purple Hawaiian print and a white Croc. Inside the backpack, CSl's located an Orange County Public School computer with Maddie's name on it.

Does anyone know what school, grade and subjects she taught as a substitute teacher? Do they do psychological evaluations on teachers and subs prior to hiring?
I think she taught PE at Maddie's school due to a comment Maddie's PE teacher gave to LE

Pg 112 of 896:

Sub teacher told me that she met Maddie’s mother once earlier in the year when she was a substitute for another PE teacher.

Gemmie again - Sure, it could have happened at another school but I'm thinking it was Maddie's school where the sub being interviewed taught and met JS. I'd have thought she'd have said "I met her at <name a school>" otherwise.

Yeah, I know he did carry the body - I just can't picture him putting in physical effort.

It was a big day for him....murder, carrying a dead body, driving around with a dead body, moving the body from the car to the trunk, disposing a dead body, changing a tire, and doing laundry.

jmo
He was probably so amped up on adrenaline trying to get her out of the house, where multiple people lived and could have walked in and caught him at any moment, that he could have changed his flat tire without a jack.

Does anyone know what school, grade and subjects she taught as a substitute teacher? Do they do psychological evaluations on teachers and subs prior to hiring?
A background check is required, which might include fingerprinting. Some employers require a negative TB test, but I’ve never heard of a psych evaluation being a requirement. I guess that’s possible in some states though.

I think she taught PE at Maddie's school due to a comment Maddie's PE teacher gave to LE

Pg 112 of 896:

Sub teacher told me that she met Maddie’s mother once earlier in the year when she was a substitute for another PE teacher.

Gemmie again - Sure, it could have happened at another school but I'm thinking it was Maddie's school where the sub being interviewed taught and met JS. I'd have thought she'd have said "I met her at <name a school>" otherwise.
I always took that to mean the sub teacher met JS when the sub teacher was subbing for another PE teacher. NOT that JS was a sub PE teacher?

one shoe in Jens room and one in the garbage, does make you wonder how that happened. Someone put a croc in her back pack or hurriedly took them out to fit in a laptop and only put one back in?
If she normally wore them , they should have both been on her feet. She had to have been carried out.
Jen initially told LE she saw Madeline getting dressed. Then when called out on that suddenly she ' Misremembered'. MOO

I always took that to mean the sub teacher met JS when the sub teacher was subbing for another PE teacher. NOT that JS was a sub PE teacher?
Ya know, now that you bring that up I can totally see it being that way. But then why are people saying JS was a sub? Where was that put out? Does anyone know? I always thought it was from the 896 data dump that I quoted above.

This has probably been asked before, but if he'd moved out, why did SS even have a gate clicker? Why not give it to one of the roommates?
I'm guessing roommates already had their own. Also, it might or might not have been taken from him since he was in and out and off and on with JS. If he turned it over he likely retrieved it Sunday when he got there (and likely had no idea he was going to kill Maddie) so they gave him one as he was supposed to be staying there for a week.

Pg 872 of 896: Typically when Stephan visits he will stay for a few days; however this time, he planned to stay for a week.

jmo
Or as JS would say, just meandering, killing time :(

I'm guessing roommates already had their own. Also, it might or might not have been taken from him since he was in and out and off and on with JS. If he turned it over he likely retrieved it Sunday when he got there (and likely had no idea he was going to kill Maddie) so they gave him one as he was supposed to be staying there for a week.

Pg 872 of 896: Typically when Stephan visits he will stay for a few days; however this time, he planned to stay for a week.

I kind of remember JS saying that there were only two clickers. Whatever she said, I was left with the impression that neither roommate had one. I may be misremembering however.

Ya know, now that you bring that up I can totally see it being that way. But then why are people saying JS was a sub? Where was that put out? Does anyone know? I always thought it was from the 896 data dump that I quoted above.
She told the detective in that couch interview video that she subbed occasionally before getting the concierge job at Disney and collected disability before that.

I remember an interview with a male staff member at Maddie's school saying that JS subbed for him when he got married in October. I can't look for a link right now but I'll try to find one later.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forensicsdropout
Back