Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing that keeps standing out to me about this case is that apparently SS had been abusing Maddie for quite some time but she either never told anyone or she did and no one was able to help her.

I know the former happens, but I still find it tragic and heartbreaking in this day and age.

MOO…
I thought it was weird the Mom placed the emphasis on that the party was with “her” family… wonder if there was bad blood between Mom & Grandma. Also seemed to be alluded to when she said she drove around Grandma’s office but didn’t seemingly make contact with anyone.

Grandma hosts a “family” party when she knows Mom is working? SS brings her and hangs around.

IF MOM IS INNOCENT… I’m not convinced Mom saw her that night… it makes more sense to me that she’s relaying what SS told her about Maddie going to bed. Rumor is mom worked nights.

Timeline makes more sense to be:

Early evening dinner party with “family” - SS in attendance
Goes home to get ready for bed with SS - something happens
Mom comes home in the early morning hours from work
SS tells her to go to bed, she’s tired, he’ll take care of Maddie and get her off to school
SS uses this time to clean up, everything know LE saw on camera
Mom’s asleep - uses “we” language in early interviews to cover up how much SS is around her daughter - minimizes damage for custody issues/relationship with “family” later on once daughter is found
Mom wakes up in time to pick Maddie up from school - she’s not there and Mom takes time to look for her first and wait for the teacher to respond to the email - unsure when/if she would get a robo-call about attendance

This is all predicated on Mom actually telling the truth about not knowing anything which is 50/50 to me at this point.

Again MOO

In the vast majority of cases I completely agree with you, and with that analysis. In this particular case: I invite you to watch the video of her speaking with the media, the one posted immediately before this post, where the boyfriend is in the latter half. Watch her facial expressions while her kids make noise off camera. Come back here after and share your impressions? In 99% of cases I’d agree with you. In this particular case I invite a more nuanced discussion of circumstances.
Couldn’t make myself watch any more of that video. To be very honest - much of it gives me the creeps. I didn’t watch mom’s part at all. I saw enough of her in the interview where he’s sat a few feet behind her cracking knuckles and stone cold.

I am not going back to watch it now, but in the lengthy interview that was posted here tonight, the reporter asked the mom what Maddie was wearing.

I believe she answered "she was last seen wearing" which, if I am not misremembering this, is odd wording IMO.
In that interview Mom says the last time she talked to her was after the party, before she went to sleep. IMO mom didn't see her in the morning, she slept in.

I have some more thoughts but am waiting on the investigation.
Somewhat odd she wouldn't text friends or call to talk about how her party went ?
Omo.
I've heard zero mention of a birthday party with friends, Mom said Maddie's birthday was actually Thursday, 2/22/24. If she had a small get together with a friend(s). That wasn't mentioned and I expect it would be, because so many other extraneous details have been stated.

No mention of a friend(s) at the Sunday celebration either, only Mom saying her "whole family". I do find this odd, a girl's thirteenth birthday is a big deal!

So perhaps because of what had been happening to Maddie for God only knows how long. She had friends she talked to at school, but no one she actually close too. Very sad to think of her keeping this horrifc secret (if that's the case). I can only imagine the toll this took on her :(

I wish a reporter, any reporter, had just once thought to ask the mom, when was the last time you saw Maddie?

Or, so the last time you saw Maddie was when you dropped her off at school? Then maybe we would have some insight into the "we dropped her off" wording.

“Stern was brought into the Orange County Sheriff's Office Wednesday afternoon to be interviewed by both agencies.

Before authorities could ask Stern questions, he invoked his right to an attorney and was subsequently arrested, the sheriff's office said. Stern is currently being held in Orange County jail without bond.”

But he had so much to say in his interview the other day with media where he even “cried”! Sure hope police use his interviews with media in court!!

Wow! The ability of these <modsnip - namecalling> to manipulate and spill tears at the drop of a hat will never cease to amaze me. The reporter asks about conversation on the way to the drop off spot and he asserts she was asleep. Unreal.
I saw dabbing and wiping, but I didn't see a single tear. It all looked fake to me. JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
I've heard zero mention of a birthday party with friends, Mom said Maddie's birthday was actually Thursday, 2/22/24. If she had a small get together with a friend(s). That wasn't mentioned and I expect it would be, because so many other extraneous details have been stated.

No mention of a friend(s) at the Sunday celebration either, only Mom saying her "whole family". I do find this odd, a girl's thirteenth birthday is a big deal!

So perhaps because of what had been happening to Maddie for God only knows how long. She had friends she talked to at school, but no one she actually close too. Very sad to think of her keeping this horrifc secret (if that's the case). I can only imagine the toll this took on her :(
Madeline may have declined to have friends to her home because she may have known SS was not trustworthy. She may have not wanted to endanger them (emotionally, physically or sexually). You’d be surprised how many kids - even ones who have just lived in a controlling, unpredictable environment don’t want to have friends over. They realize it may stress the abuser, could lead to a scene, or some uncomfortable encounter and they just don’t invite them home.

Mom said she accessed the girl’s phone. She was aware she had a crush on someone at school. Looked at messages and deleted messages etc. WHEN did mom do this? I’d like the time and date for this (preferably from Le).

He is definitely a creep and he definitely moved her body and got rid of her backpack. But so far, doesn’t mean he killed her. Accessory to murder could be his role here.
Anything is possible but the photos and videos found on his phone coupled with the matched blankets that confirmed it was inside Maddi's home certainly don't speak to being an accessory.

I am not going back to watch it now, but in the lengthy interview that was posted here tonight, the reporter asked the mom what Maddie was wearing.

I believe she answered "she was last seen wearing" which, if I am not misremembering this, is odd wording IMO.

@photographer4: jinx
you took the words right out of my mouth, I couldn't agree more.

I thought the mother was only interviewed once…

There was the one interview that we've been discussing for days, and then a different, longer, much less edited version of different interview from before that, released today.

In the first, he's cracking his knuckles. In the one released today, there are noises coming from another room that sound like a young child and an adult.

MOO…
I thought it was weird the Mom placed the emphasis on that the party was with “her” family… wonder if there was bad blood between Mom & Grandma. Also seemed to be alluded to when she said she drove around Grandma’s office but didn’t seemingly make contact with anyone.

Grandma hosts a “family” party when she knows Mom is working? SS brings her and hangs around.

IF MOM IS INNOCENT… I’m not convinced Mom saw her that night… it makes more sense to me that she’s relaying what SS told her about Maddie going to bed. Rumor is mom worked nights.

Timeline makes more sense to be:

Early evening dinner party with “family” - SS in attendance
Goes home to get ready for bed with SS - something happens
Mom comes home in the early morning hours from work
SS tells her to go to bed, she’s tired, he’ll take care of Maddie and get her off to school
SS uses this time to clean up, everything know LE saw on camera
Mom’s asleep - uses “we” language in early interviews to cover up how much SS is around her daughter - minimizes damage for custody issues/relationship with “family” later on once daughter is found
Mom wakes up in time to pick Maddie up from school - she’s not there and Mom takes time to look for her first and wait for the teacher to respond to the email - unsure when/if she would get a robo-call about attendance

This is all predicated on Mom actually telling the truth about not knowing anything which is 50/50 to me at this point.

Again MOO
I agree with the rationale behind the " we" to cover up whether Maddie was left alone with him. If thats true then the "cover-up" implies she may have known his history.

Last edited:
Anything is possible but the photos and videos found on his phone coupled with the matched blankets that confirmed it was inside Maddi's home certainly don't speak to being an accessory.
I agree with the theory that he was sexually abusing Maddie. It only makes sense it was her if it was recorded in photos and video in her home (unless some other kid(s) stayed there or he had access to other kids in that residence. I agree he’s a creep! He’s on video disposing of her things and driving with her dead body!

What could have happened that made him an accessory: someone other than him may have killed her. We don’t know. There may have been someone who drugged her and she was found dead that morning by mom and or SS. Maybe there was a confrontation of some sort and she fell down some steps or hit her head? Maybe he was called by someone to come help or something and his response was to stage it to look like she was taken because he was hoping police would look at anyone but him as a suspect?

He knew what was on his phone was going to roast him. He even tried to delete it. He may well have killed her and mom may have really not had a clue that he had or that he had ever preyed on her. But until he is charged (and only he is charged) this could have happened in so many different ways.

Sadly none are good.

There was the one interview that we've been discussing for days, and then a different, longer, much less edited version of different interview from before that, released today.

In the first, he's cracking his knuckles. In the one released today, there are noises coming from another room that sound like a young child and an adult.
Yes, thank you! I was out all night and missed the 2nd interview that’s been posted. I just watched it. The noises are strange, but when she was said “that should be it” when it stopped made me think it may have been coming from a device of some kind??
Some inconsistencies in the 2 interviews with the mother that I find odd. We shall see…

For those who haven't seen the video released today. Interview was from Tuesday, 2/27.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ffhvcbcat