FL - Man Shoots 6 at Yoga Studio, Killing 2 and Then Himself, Tallahassee, 2 Nov 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hi all. long time, no see. Wish it was under better circumstances. The shooter was a relative of mine. I have not posted anywhere else about this. I may not post here about it either, but since you are all "old family" and good people, I am simply acknowledging this.

Hi GGE, I've always been a lurker and never thought to look up a thread for this. The victim was my best friend and roommate. I appreciate your insight on your relationship with Scott. If you're ever online again please leave a message or post to me.

Last edited:
I'm sorry to hear that. I was doing yoga in that class for a very long time and I wasn't going when it happened. I'm sorry to hear that this is happening in the world we live in. With the onset of quarantine, I had to do yoga only at home and so I began to study it on my own, <modsnip>, I will learn a lot of new and interesting things about my hobby. Yoga has a special place in my heart because it helps me find a balance between positive and negative, helps me get rid of negative thoughts

Last edited by a moderator:
Scott Beierle, who shot and killed two women at a Florida yoga studio in 2018, is among a growing number of misogynistic killers, the Secret Service has warned.
"
shooter.jpg

Scott Beierle, who shot and killed two women at a Florida yoga studio in 2018, is among a growing number of misogynistic killers, the Secret Service has warned.

Early in the evening of 2 November 2018, Scott Paul Beierle entered Hot Yoga Tallahassee with a newly-purchased mat and a black bag strapped across his chest with a 9mm Glock pistol inside.

The 40-year-old had a long history of posting ,, racist videos and songs online, was fired from at least four teaching jobs and discharged from the army for sexual harassment of colleagues and high school students, and had a lengthy arrest history for groping and stalking women.

None of that was known to staff and students at the bikram yoga centre in the Florida state capital as Beierle paid his $12 walk-in fee and was shown into the studio.

Beierle expressed disappointment that the class wasn’t more crowded before he opened fire, killing Florida State University student Maura Binkley, 21, doctor Nancy Van Vessem, 61, wounding four other women and pistol-whipping a male staff member who tried to stop him, before killing himself.

A new report into the killings, conducted by the Secret Service’s National Threat Assessment Center, examines how warning signs were missed by law enforcement and says the threat posed by male extremists who harbour a hatred toward women is growing.
Maura Binkley, a popular 21-year-old student at Florida State University, was murdered by avowed misogynist killer Scott Beierle
Screen%20Shot%202022-03-15%20at%201.54.03%20PM.png

Maura Binkley, a popular 21-year-old student at Florida State University, was murdered by avowed misogynist killer Scott Beierle
“Communities must remain aware of misogynistic extremism, while pursuing prevention efforts that are designed to identify and intervene with those who pose a risk of violence,” said US Secret Service National Threat Assessment Center Chief Dr Lina Alathari.

While stressing there was no way of predicting mass killings, it identified behavioural threats such as homicidal fixations, a history of being bullied, financial instability, mental health issues, a lack of meaningful consequence for minor offences and an “intense and escalating anger” as being common features among misogynistic killers.

According to the Southern Poverty Law Center, which tracks extremist violence, the core tenets of the male supremacy ideology are contradictory.

“Adherents maintain that women are incompetent yet conniving and manipulative,” it states in a recent report.

“Some argue that women use feminism to oppress men, while other male supremacists seek to maintain and exploit existing structural gender inequality.”

The Secret Service interviewed Beierle’s friends and family as they pieced together his early years, severely problematic behaviour in his teenage years, his open admiration for serial killers who targeted women such as Ted Bundy, and his descent into serial sexual assaults and murder.
The yoga class killer, misogynistic extremism and missed warning signs

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow
Back