FL FL - Manatee Co., WhtFem UP1265, 11-20, drowned on the edge of Sarasota Bay, Apr'83

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am new to websleuths and this is a huge stretch, but could Jane Doe be Emma Lorene Vaughn? It is theorized she was kidnapped from Orlando, FL, and was known to be a habitual nail-biter. Hoping this will at least bump her case.
Emma was Caucasian and this lady is Hispanic. That would not necessarily rule her out as ethnicity and race can be two different things. She could be a light skinned Hispanic.

(I’m Caucasian but heavily favor my Czech side).

Thread 'Emma Lorene Vaughn (14) - Orlando FL, 1982'
FL - Emma Lorene Vaughn (14) - Orlando FL, 1982

Emma was Caucasian and this lady is Hispanic. That would not necessarily rule her out as ethnicity and race can be two different things. She could be a light skinned Hispanic.

(I’m Caucasian but heavily favor my Czech side).

Thread 'Emma Lorene Vaughn (14) - Orlando FL, 1982'
FL - Emma Lorene Vaughn (14) - Orlando FL, 1982
I noticed this earlier in the thread; on Namus, Jane Doe is still listed as White, is it different on another database?

I noticed this earlier in the thread; on Namus, Jane Doe is still listed as White, is it different on another database?
I’m not sure of the source of her ethnicity. It’s mentioned in a few posts throughout the thread.

this to me could mean two possible scenarios:

1.) This girl hit her head and then drowned somehow
2.) She was attacked and the individual who did it threw her body into the bay
I believe she was either a runaway or was kidnapped and was killed and dumped in the water. I think the water possibly carried her body. The fact that she was naked makes me think also a possible kidnapping and makes me think she was possibly r*ped. My theory is, somebody hit her on the head with a blunt object causing her to fall unconscious then she was dumped in the water and drowned. I think she was dumped off of a bridge or off of a boat but I don’t think she died where she was found. I’m from Bradenton, FL and have been down to Sarasota multiple times. We don’t usually have jagged rocks off of our tiny islands unless they were put there as a sea wall. Since the island was underdeveloped during this time I doubt there was a sea wall. The bottom is usually just smooth sand so I don’t know what she would’ve hit her head on. I’m highly skeptical about an accidental drowning. Where were her clothes if she went skinny dipping ? Police never mentioned clothes.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maym
Back