UNSOLVED FL - Mandarin, Skeletal Remains in yard, Mar'11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thanks Cam. It looks like this location is a little more than an hour from Green Ln.

I wish they would tell us if it is a small child or an adult.

Mahalo Suspicious .... How close is this location to where those guns were found recently?

I wonder, and I know nothing about these such things, but could Haliegh's body have floated downstream 2 yrs ago, before it skeletonized, and imbedded there? Of course, looks like it would have been discovered there b4 now. :waitasec:

I would think it's possible. I just highly doubt it.
I guess we need to look into if there was a pretty bad flood of that river within the last 2 years that could have done it.

IMO if those are HaLeigh's remains, she was buried there. JMO

But, since we don't even know if they are remains of a child or an adult, I just think it's a bit too early for me to think that way.

I hope and pray HaLeigh is found soon. I just don't think this is her though.

Mahalo Suspicious .... How close is this location to where those guns were found recently?

Kolo, I haven't heard about any guns being found...That's news to me...where were they found? Please share.

Yes, but in the case of Haleigh, would it be probable?
I mean, would her skull and bones float down the flooded river, never seperate, and end up together in one spot to be covered together in silt? I don't think it is very likely.

JMO

Were there any major floods in the past 2 years that would have deposited these remains in the current location? That would mean the property was flooded.

Oh, I wouldn't think it was likely at all, unless it happened shortly after she disappeared. I think it would take a relatively intact body.

I would think it's possible. I just highly doubt it.
I guess we need to look into if there was a pretty bad flood of that river within the last 2 years that could have done it.

IMO if those are HaLeigh's remains, she was buried there. JMO

But, since we don't even know if they are remains of a child or an adult, I just think it's a bit too early for me to think that way.

I hope and pray HaLeigh is found soon. I just don't think this is her though.

Tbe only way I think this is connected is that someone probably in the Cummings family buried her there to try to make the St Johns Joe story real.

The first major problem I have with that is that I think the body was taken care of long before that story came out.

not our girl. MOO. This will turn out to be a much older burial I am betting.

Tbe only way I think this is connected is that someone probably in the Cummings family buried her there to try to make the St Johns Joe story real.

The first major problem I have with that is that I think the body was taken care of long before that story came out.

BBM..I'm inclined to agree, And IMO Haleigh's body is not buried anywhere. They could never risk her body ever being found. JMHO

i personally don't think this is Haleigh.. i think they made sure she would never be found

It's possible to be buried naturally. A body could be carried somewhere by floodwater, then buried by silt deposited by that flood, or by a later one. Not the most likely thing in the world.

The comment about the archaeological site made me think it was an older grave, but with the crime scene van...

I didn't hear the police say anything about it "being" an archaeological site. What I heard was that the possibilities are endless at this point. It "could" be the remains of an archaeological site.

I didn't hear the police say anything about it "being" an archaeological site. What I heard was that the possibilities are endless at this point. It "could" be the remains of an archaeological site.

I can't find the article where the term was used -- so it was probably a reporter's mistake.

Kolo, I haven't heard about any guns being found...That's news to me...where were they found? Please share.

http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/2011-01-18/story/fbi-and-dive-teams-search-st-johns-pond-evidence

This is the story dated 18January'2011 ... not sure this has any bearing just wondering the distance from the Mandarin Road address....

I found this statement interesting within the article.

"One black revolver was pulled from the weed-choked waters just before noon. An FBI agent took photographs, then washed it off and secured it in an evidence box.

As it was being taken away, authorities were also heard discussing other weapons that apparently were being sought. Another revolver, encrusted in mud, was found about 12:30 p.m. and secured just as quickly."

This indicates to me that they knew what they were looking for - at least one more gun. That further indicates to me this came from a lead.

This map shows it takes 1 hour, 13 minutes to arrive at the Nocatee - Valley Ridge, Jacksonville facility. That's jumping on I-95, getting off at the right exit and right to the pond.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...16622,-81.413155&sspn=0.06088,0.109692&num=10

The Palatka party people seemed to prefer "ponds" for their parties. There's every reason to think this "could" be associated with Haleigh's case IMO until someone reports otherwise.

There is truth to every lie and I beleive that Haleigh was taken from the home, by whom I'm not sure my first thoughts are Tommy, Timmy and Joe. Second I do beleive that she was dumped in the river or fed to the gators but again by whom and exactly where I'm not sure. I dont think this is Haleigh, I wish it were but no I dont think so.

There is truth to every lie and I beleive that Haleigh was taken from the home, by whom I'm not sure my first thoughts are Tommy, Timmy and Joe. Second I do beleive that she was dumped in the river or fed to the gators but again by whom and exactly where I'm not sure. I dont think this is Haleigh, I wish it were but no I dont think so.
I've always been inclined to believe that Haleigh's body was placed in the river, but there's no way it floated onto the upscale Mandarin Rd property 500-600 feet from the river. I don't think she was deliberately buried there, either. Google streetview shows large homes with manicured lawns and gardens. Seems to me an unlikely place for the Satsuma gang to hide a body. Unless they had help from a landscaper. :waitasec:

Yes, I'm kidding. But I was sitting here trying to imagine how a body could become buried on someone's property if the owner didn't place it there, and it occurred to me that in a neighborhood like Mandarin Road with its sprawling lawns, a landscaper could easily bury a body in a client's yard far enough away from the house that it could go undetected for quite some time.

I found this statement interesting within the article.

"One black revolver was pulled from the weed-choked waters just before noon. An FBI agent took photographs, then washed it off and secured it in an evidence box.

As it was being taken away, authorities were also heard discussing other weapons that apparently were being sought. Another revolver, encrusted in mud, was found about 12:30 p.m. and secured just as quickly."

This indicates to me that they knew what they were looking for - at least one more gun. That further indicates to me this came from a lead.

This map shows it takes 1 hour, 13 minutes to arrive at the Nocatee - Valley Ridge, Jacksonville facility. That's jumping on I-95, getting off at the right exit and right to the pond.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...16622,-81.413155&sspn=0.06088,0.109692&num=10

The Palatka party people seemed to prefer "ponds" for their parties. There's every reason to think this "could" be associated with Haleigh's case IMO until someone reports otherwise.
I remember reading this and thinking about the time back in August or September 2009 when we heard LE was searching for a gun in the St. Johns just north of the bridge, iirc. It was just a few days or so prior to the pond being drained. We know the pond was searched for evidence related to Haleigh, but supposedly, the gun was unrelated. Now we have this gun search. Just an odd coincidence I suppose. With all of the waterways in Florida, I'm sure it's not unusual for a gun to be tossed into a river or pond.

I've always been inclined to believe that Haleigh's body was placed in the river, but there's no way it floated onto the upscale Mandarin Rd property 500-600 feet from the river. I don't think she was deliberately buried there, either. Google streetview shows large homes with manicured lawns and gardens. Seems to me an unlikely place for the Satsuma gang to hide a body. Unless they had help from a landscaper. :waitasec:

Yes, I'm kidding. But I was sitting here trying to imagine how a body could become buried on someone's property if the owner didn't place it there, and it occurred to me that in a neighborhood like Mandarin Road with its sprawling lawns, a landscaper could easily bury a body in a client's yard far enough away from the house that it could go undetected for quite some time.

Anyone we know with access to landscaping tools, vehicles, etc? People who trim trees, and do landscaping...where do they take the truckloads of debris?

Anyone we know with access to landscaping tools, vehicles, etc? People who trim trees, and do landscaping...where do they take the truckloads of debris?

Ummm

But too risky 'cause if the body is found, it would be too easy to trace.

I remember reading this and thinking about the time back in August or September 2009 when we heard LE was searching for a gun in the St. Johns just north of the bridge, iirc. It was just a few days or so prior to the pond being drained. We know the pond was searched for evidence related to Haleigh, but supposedly, the gun was unrelated. Now we have this gun search. Just an odd coincidence I suppose. With all of the waterways in Florida, I'm sure it's not unusual for a gun to be tossed into a river or pond.

I'm sure. There are many murders other than this one that could be involved, as well. The chances of this being anything to do with the Cummings crowd are very slim.

I'm sure. There are many murders other than this one that could be involved, as well. The chances of this being anything to do with the Cummings crowd are very slim.

While I can appreciate your take on that, the search for the guns and the discovery of this body are two separate issues, yet the possibility exists that they "could" be associated. So, although "slim", there is a chance. That's why we're here every day looking for any little clue. Let's hope that it is in some way involved with Haleigh's case.

The DNA from the body, hopefully, will indicate this in short order.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ismith93
Back