FL - Manhunt in Tampa after 4 slayings in 5 weeks, Oct-Nov 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as the phone flip is concerned i'm not really seeing anything special about it. I carry my smart phone in my pocket and I keep the screen facing my leg to protect it. When I pull my phone out I have to flip it over in my hand to see the screen and IMO that is what this person is doing in the video.

If people who know you saw a video of someone doing that would they think of you? I think that's what the police are going for - someone who recognizes that particular move to come forward and say it reminds them of someone. It is a distinctive move, IMO.

I do the same, but when I watch the focused version of his hand flipping the phone, it doesn't appear to me to be a 180 degree flip, but more like a 360 degree flip which is less common. Pairing that habit with the size, dress, area, etc could definitely help get some people thinking about who it might be.

True, but try this for me. Put your phone in your right pocket with the screen facing away from your leg. If you pull it straight up and out then your looking at the back of the phone and you would have to flip it in a similar manner shown. Try it and look at your hand motion while you do it.

If people who know you saw a video of someone doing that would they think of you? I think that's what the police are going for - someone who recognizes that particular move to come forward and say it reminds them of someone. It is a distinctive move, IMO.

I understand what you are saying, but honestly I could go to the mall right now and probably see that flip done more than once by complete strangers. I just don't see anything special about it that would make him stand out from anyone else in a crowd.

I understand what you are saying, but honestly I could go to the mall right now and probably see that flip done more than once by complete strangers. I just don't see anything special about it that would make him stand out from anyone else in a crowd.

But put it together with the person's clothing, build, time of night, neighborhood. It might be a way to narrow it down and get more specific tips. I'm not saying for sure this is it, but I believe it could be enough to get someone's attention - like hey, Bill does that with his phone. He's a runner and owns a gun, etc.

But put it together with the person's clothing, build, time of night, neighborhood. It might be a way to narrow it down and get more specific tips. I'm not saying for sure this is it, but I believe it could be enough to get someone's attention - like hey, Bill does that with his phone. He's a runner and owns a gun, etc.

I gotcha..good point

The first one, but I get your meaning...
Like this girl?
240px-Zhu_Xiaolin_-_2012_Olympic_Womens_Marathon.jpg

Or more like this girl?
Flo-Jo-00-272x300.jpg

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipe...hu_Xiaolin_-_2012_Olympic_Womens_Marathon.jpg
http://solarey.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Flo-Jo-00-272x300.jpg

100% agree with you. I have seen so many young men do that exact same thing with their phones. IMHO it's really reaching to think it's anything unique.

Is it a female wearing a hijab and a fitted long jacket?

I don't think it's a hijab at all. Hijabs have some flow and movement to them and they are usually longer.

It's more than likely a young man making a deliberate attempt to disguise his face....IMHO.

Ok it probably isn't likely but watching the video again today after seeing the new footage any possibility that is a fidget spinner? A completely random thing to have but could calm nerves if this was intentional and with whatever reasoning their mind has for this?(which is obviously messed up and tragic)

....long strides in the video.....this person has been a runner.....

We had a guy run away from the police while in handcuffs. When I saw the running, I immediately said "track runner"... turns out the guy did run track in our local high school. This POI in this case, that stride, looks like a track runner, especially relay runners.....they need to check local track teams for the past few years... Long distance runners have a different stride to them, and joggers look totally different. JMO!

Yes. His track coach will be able to identify that... I’m sure they will find him

Basketball, soccer and football also have lots of running, but IMO it doesn't look like this IMO

The running portion in the new footage....just after a victim was shot......wasn't it said that person was wearing a black jacket?

This running person is the same as the person in the walking video.

I agree, the person is or was a runner.

We had a guy run away from the police while in handcuffs. When I saw the running, I immediately said "track runner"... turns out the guy did run track in our local high school. This POI in this case, that stride, looks like a track runner, especially relay runners.....they need to check local track teams for the past few years... Long distance runners have a different stride to them, and joggers look totally different. JMO!

I def agree with you. He is slim, yet athletic, good muscle tone.

When I saw the footage of "him" running my first thoughts were it's a girl. ???????

The running videos are really revealing. I also 100% agree with track running. Measured strides, good speed and technique. Reminds me of runners in the final stretch of the 400/800m. Hopefully LE have picked up on that and will check local teams records to try and find possible matches. However, I imagine there are many, tall, slim, athletic, long-limbed runners.

As for the phone - I don't think the flip is useful at all. To me it looks like the POI is doing this:

[video]https://youtu.be/eT7PmvIH8os[/video]

I just recorded this video. I'm also a young male, and I have a habit of doing this a lot with my phone. I also have a couple of friends off the top of my head who do the same. To me this is too broad a habit to be able to narrow it down much. But hey, never say never - we can hope.

Sent from my Mi-4c using Tapatalk

Somebody recognizes this guy, especially if he lives in the neighborhood or nearby.
Somebody recognizes the longish jacket (which is kind of unusual for a young guy these days), the pants the way he's dressed, how he walks, slender and tallish, hint of his profile....but nobody's talking.

Or maybe they are and LE s not saying.

Is there a reward for info? I can't remember. Maybe somebody is waiting for a reward to be announced.

The running portion in the new footage....just after a victim was shot......wasn't it said that person was wearing a black jacket?

This running person is the same as the person in the walking video.

I agree, the person is or was a runner.

Yes, I read that too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members