DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
[video=youtube;v7Ep8QB0rhE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7Ep8QB0rhE[/video]

My 2 leading theories at this time:

1. Gang member (past or present)
2. ISIS Lone Wolf.

Moo.

It wouldn't shock me if he was a gang member, although I would be very surprised if these murders were directly gang-related. In other words, even if he is in a gang I feel like he is doing this on his own.

To me, these murders just seem so similar to the recent trail murders in Kansas City, and I'm in the camp that there isn't a super complicated or specific motive here, just general anger/hatred and desire to kill people as a result.

The Kansas City murders, in fairness, may have been racially motivated to an extent (which these do not really seem to be, at least to me), but if I remember correctly the killer in KC also had an earlier victim who was black that wasn't tied to him until after he was arrested.

ETA: just realized EtTuCroquet above said basically the same, my bad.

2 page article.
http://www.abcactionnews.com/news/r...-3-murders-tampa-police-say-are-linked?page=2
All four victims were killed at locations within roughly a half-mile (approximately 10 blocks) of each other in the southeast Seminole Heights area
The first victim, Benjamin Mitchell, was killed on October 9 only a few hundred feet from where the third victim, Anthony Taino Naiboa, was killed on October 19. Mitchell was murdered roughly one block north of where Naiboa was shot dead. The fourth victim, Ronald Felton, was killed on November 14 just a few blocks away from where the second victim, Monica Caridad Hoffa, was shot and killed on October 11. Felton and Hoffa were both killed under a half a mile away from the other two murders.

Reward for information that leads to arrest of
the Seminole Heights Killer

The reward for information leading to an arrest has increased to $100,000. Crime Stoppers, ATF, FDLE, and the FBI is offering $85,000 and the Seminole Heights community has added $6,000 to the reward amount. On Thursday, restaurateur Richard Gonzmart pledged $9,000 to bring the total to $100,000. Anyone with any information regarding this case and who wants to be eligible for a cash reward is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-873-TIPS (8477), report anonymously online at www.crimestopperstb.com.

Why is the killer still out there?

"He clearly knows the neighborhood. We think he lives in the neighborhood. He knows the alleys, he knows the hiding spots," Mayor Bob Buckhorn told ABC Action News during an interview Wednesday. "This individual knows this community and even though our officers got there literally within minutes yesterday morning after the shooting, he had disappeared."
"We are relying on the community to tell us"
"I can promise you this. Even if you don't wanna snitch. This could be your mother that's next," Mayor Buckhorn told ABC Action News. "I can't promise you there won't be another one."

"At 4:51 a.m. on November 14, was there someone you know that should've been at home, should've been at work and they weren't there? We need to know." Chief Dugan said following the fourth homicide
rbbm.

Anyone else think the perp may be a teenager? So young no one would suspect him -- maybe 16...

These are other crimes with similar elements. Some of which happened much earlier this year. Crime stoppers tampa is something you all should check out, you might be surprised at what goes on.

Usually serial offenders like this one do progress from other lesser crimes. IMO the offender that they are looking for who was partners with john jarah hicks III looks a lot like the killer in video. I posted that link earlier

20 min away from murders (group of 3)
http://www.crimestopperstb.com/sitemenu.aspx?P=unsolved&ID=155&SID=14180

(June 6 min from murders- ran toward ellicot weekday 951pm)
http://www.crimestopperstb.com/sitemenu.aspx?P=unsolved&ID=155&SID=14013

(May 25th Thursday 4:54am 5 min away from murder - suspect came from area of Burrell park)
http://www.crimestopperstb.com/sitemenu.aspx?P=unsolved&ID=155&SID=13917

Seminole heights-- bold, relaxed arms, heel to toe, light skin black male, black shoes, shirt has cocky saying
http://www.crimestopperstb.com/sitemenu.aspx?P=unsolved&ID=155&SID=13710

2 seperate crimes by same 3 people
First one wed 4am
Second one thurs 1146pm
In both, vics were forced into their cars and driven to atm machines to withdraw money then returned back to where they were taken
Description of one of them--early 20`s, light skin slim muscular build, short black buzz cut style hair, possible*
mustache and wearing a black hooded sweater, dark pants, black shoes, black*
gloves and was armed with a black handgun
They all fled on foot
Both locations about 13 min from murder and not too far from USF
*http://www.crimestopperstb.com/sitemenu.aspx?P=unsolved&ID=155&SID=13612

Feb 4th 9:41pm
11 min from murders
Suspects flee on foot from first robbery and then are seen committing another 8 min later but this time with s vehicle (car stashed somewhere close by for first one?)
http://www.crimestopperstb.com/sitemenu.aspx?P=unsolved&ID=155&SID=13426

Jan. 230am
8 min from murders
Sexual assault--- police sketch included of light skin blk male
http://www.crimestopperstb.com/sitemenu.aspx?P=unsolved&ID=155&SID=13349

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Good sleuthing, marking for deep review.

It wouldn't shock me if he was a gang member, although I would be very surprised if these murders were directly gang-related. In other words, even if he is in a gang I feel like he is doing this on his own.

To me, these murders just seem so similar to the recent trail murders in Kansas City, and I'm in the camp that there isn't a super complicated or specific motive here, just general anger/hatred and desire to kill people as a result.

The Kansas City murders, in fairness, may have been racially motivated to an extent (which these do not really seem to be, at least to me), but if I remember correctly the killer in KC also had an earlier victim who was black that wasn't tied to him until after he was arrested.

ETA: just realized EtTuCroquet above said basically the same, my bad.

Indeed...I suspect if a gang affiliation he might be working solo..one thing I seem to have learned recently is that I may have a tendency to overestimate certain perps, as far as them being more organized (vs disorganized), being some skilled predatorial hunter...sometimes these guys are just, plain and simple, nut jobs with a desire to kill. Now it seems a military background does come up a lot, for instance the Texas Church shooter, and Michael Zamora, another Air Force man who just shot 3 people in Ft Collins recently.

Anyone else think the perp may be a teenager? So young no one would suspect him -- maybe 16...

Most 16 year olds don't have much in the way of facial hair, although we don't know the extent of the facial hair noted in the description (presumably it was a fair amount though if it could be noted from somewhat of a distance in the dark).

I don't think he's 16 but could very well be 18 or 19. My gut feeling is that he's between 22 and 25, but that could be well off the mark.

Very possibly...in my opinion African Americans can often appear younger in appearance than they might really be.

There was a comment from LE upstream, maybe I imagined it, about checking out people recently released from juvenile, and also those being "Baker Acted" which I thought was very interesting and requires a closer look.

Of course juvenile records are sealed. I would guess this guy has had prior contact with law enforcement.

Indeed...I suspect if a gang affiliation he might be working solo..one thing I seem to have learned recently is that I may have a tendency to overestimate certain perps, as far them being more organized (vs disorganized), being some skilled predatorial hunter...sometimes these guys are just, plain and simple, nut jobs with a desire to kill. Now it seems a military background does come up a lot, for instance the Texas Church shooter, and Michael Zamora, another Air Force man who just shot 3 people in Ft Collins recently.

I think a military background is very possible, and that throws a weird wrench in the organized-disorganized dichotomy.

If he is trained to kill (and, in this case probably more importantly, assessing a potential kill zone and avoiding detection), and does these things "naturally", it would make the killings appear far more organized on the surface than they may be in reality.

I definitely see elements of both organization and disorganization in these murders, and it's hard to know what to make of it; a predominantly disorganized killer with military training would make a lot of sense.

If he is not that young, say he is in his 20s or so, there is a slight chance he could be the NOCO shooter imo, but again, as I said, this type of thing happens more often than one would think. But he is on the table, especially if he was incarcerated and maybe just got out. There are some similarities I could point out, but will wait.

FTR, in NOCO there were buildings "shot up" near the kill sites...out of curiosity, has there been any of this? Buildings, (here it was a health care facility and school shot at after hours). Also, the night the pedestrian, William Connolle was killed, there was a failed shooting attempt of another victim earlier that night, iirc the first intended victim was on a motorcycle (gah I hate how details fade with time).

I think a military background is very possible, and that throws a weird wrench in the organized-disorganized dichotomy.

If he is trained to kill (and, in this case probably more importantly, assessing a potential kill zone and avoiding detection), and does these things "naturally", it would make the killings appear far more organized on the surface than they may be in reality.

I definitely see elements of both organization and disorganization in these murders, and it's hard to know what to make of it; a predominantly disorganized killer with military training would make a lot of sense.

Indeed, but what gets me about this "trained to kill" part is that anyone, with skills or not, can kill someone at close range with multiple shots; with that being said, even if one possesses such skills to say fire from further out, it doesn't necessarily mean they will employ this acquired strategic/military experience (meaning some shooters with military backgrounds just have gunned down without some special tactics implemented). So, if anything, a military background could perhaps just aid in perhaps desensitization of sorts, and comfortability, if this makes sense.

FTR, I don't expect my possible ISIS Lone Wolf theory to be a popular one here, and that's okay :biggrin: :heart:

I understand we’re just speculating, but ISIS takes public credit for attacks, including “lone-wolf” attacks. I still don’t see any evidence of gang activity, either. I think police would have mentioned that by now, tbh.

I believe it’s something perhaps even scarier and simpler — a lone serial shooter killing because he can and whenever he finds an opportunity. Maybe he has another motive, or maybe that’s his entire motive. Maybe he just enjoys the terror and control he’s inflicting on the general public.

With Lone Wolf attacks, I'm not sure ISIS always takes credit? Idk...

My opinion, is that LE very well might suspect someone with gang ties, even if this hasn't been mentioned.

Again, it very well could be neither of the above, (ISIS etc Lone Wolf or someone with gang ties) and just some violent person. For sure, no denying that.

Here's another thing about the aspect of an opportunistic killer...while someone can be in the wrong place at the wrong time, and even if the shooter didn't plan to kill a specific victim, there stiiiiiiilll imo has to be sooooome element of premeditation, otherwise he wouldn't be carrying around a gun and using it for that, kwim? It's like someone who meets a mistress in a hotel room but says he didn't plan to sleep with her...

So perhaps the looooocations are predetermined (in order to successfully escape and have a route in mind), but the victims arent.

Indeed, but what gets me about this "trained to kill" part is that anyone, with skills or not, can kill someone at close range with multiple shots; with that being said, even if one possesses such skills to say fire from further out, it doesn't necessarily mean they will employ their acquired strategic/military experience (meaning some shooters with military backgrounds just have gunned down without some special tactics implemented). So, if anything, a military background could perhaps just aid in perhaps desensitization of sorts, and comfortability, if this makes sense.

BBM

It does make sense.

And the ways I think it could apply to the situation are a.) he would know that if you're going to kill someone with a handgun it is far more effective to do it up close, and b.) would have no apprehension in actually getting close (whereas someone without training/desensitization who is also trying to avoid detection might be nervous and attempt to kill someone from cover a distance, which, with a handgun, would be relatively low-percentage even for someone trained to shoot).

To me the more "strategic" aspect would be in assessing the area in the minutes prior to a shooting, identifying multiple escape routes, things like that. However, to be clear, I do NOT personally have military training, so this is all wild speculation.

I am assuming it means restaurants that are owned by individuals rather than chain restaurants like Applebees, etc.

I'd much rather go to an independent restaurant!

Hope this killer is caught soon. Independent businesses suffer from scares like this.

jmo

(Me too)...I was just thinking more about this as far as someone working nights...which businesses are in the area...

But my thoughts re: night shift work applies more I think to him possibly being a pimp or drug dealer working those motels on Nebraska, moo.

double post deleted

If a military trained person is doing the killing, would such a person continue to shoot once " the enemy " is down having been shot at close range in the back?
The longer the perp sticks around to pop off 5 bullets, the more likely the shots would alert people and take up time from the shooter's escape from the crime scene.
speculation.

If a military trained person is doing the killing, would such a person continue to shoot once " the enemy " is down having been shot at close range in the back?
The longer the perp sticks around to pop off 5 bullets, the more likely the shots would alert people and take up time from the shooter's escape from the crime scene.
speculation.

See, this is the kind of thing I mean...good example, there are other things like this....I feel gangsta punk, moo.

For anyone interested, I/we have been tracking nationwide and particularly CO incidents (random shootings) as much as possible as time permits in the NOCO threads. In case it comes up...I suspect he's local though.

Eta: the Texas church shooter sprayed people though and he had a military background...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tb3