Recovered/Located FL - Marcella Black (Dustin), Chloe & Maddie, Magy Maloy, ages 6-11, Okaloosa Co, 22 Sept 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Okaloosa County Sheriff's Office

“Search has been underway overnight for a Mom, three of her children, and one of the youngster’s friends who were last scene Sunday afternoon near north Sherman Kennedy Road in the Baker area. Children are reported between the ages of six and eleven. K9s have been used and search continues. More info to come as facts confirmed.”

Following comments on the Facebook post will lead to a link of pictures of the missing mom and kids. Not sure why they are not sharing that info.

Sherman Kennedy Road looks fairly remote, camping spots nearby. It is one thing for one person to go missing, but 5 is very concerning. Particularly when 4 are children. Really hoping they are found safe and well.

What is the terrain around there? Could they have been in an auto accident?

What is the terrain around there? Could they have been in an auto accident?
I think that’s doubtful. I believe they may have been camping.

Here’s a pic at this link of the friend that was with them.

Northwest Florida Daily News

I’ve seen concerning comments already following the above linked post on my prior post. Where is the dad? What is he saying? Why is Sheriffs office not releasing photos?

I'm from Okaloosa. OSCO has mobilized helicopters, bloodhounds, drones and search parties and set up a command post on a bridge in the area. Based on Facebook posts, it sounds like the family and a friend of one of the kids went down to Blackwater River (a very nice, well-used river that is part of a state park) to swim from one of the campsites, and the kids were in their swimsuits when the mom took them to the top of a hill to get better cell service, which is spotty in that area. However, it seems like the mom's cell phone is turned off at this point or out of power. The girl who was with them that is a friend also had a cell phone, which was left in the car.

It is a heavily wooded area, except for where there are campsites, boat launches, etc., but the river has a number of sandy beach areas. It is pretty well used this time of year, so I would think there would be a number of people around. Yes, it is remote in a sense, but it isn't like the middle of nowhere. There are facilities and campsites, etc. and people live in the vicinity.

I'm from Okaloosa. OSCO has mobilized helicopters, bloodhounds, drones and search parties and set up a command post on a bridge in the area. Based on Facebook posts, it sounds like the family and a friend of one of the kids went down to Blackwater River (a very nice, well-used river that is part of a state park) to swim from one of the campsites, and the kids were in their swimsuits when the mom took them to the top of a hill to get better cell service, which is spotty in that area. However, it seems like the mom's cell phone is turned off at this point or out of power. The girl who was with them that is a friend also had a cell phone, which was left in the car.

It is a heavily wooded area, except for where there are campsites, boat launches, etc., but the river has a number of sandy beach areas. It is pretty well used this time of year, so I would think there would be a number of people around. Yes, it is remote in a sense, but it isn't like the middle of nowhere. There are facilities and campsites, etc. and people live in the vicinity.
BBM
Why? And how do we know this?

From the article linked. UPDATE: $10,000 reward offered for safe return of three missing children

The group was last heard from at about 2 p.m. when they left the creek and went up the road to call someone to meet them, friends say.

When the person arrived to meet them, they weren't here. No one has seen or heard from them since.

The car remains at the creek.

According to preliminary reports, the woman's boyfriend and their 2-year-old son were with them earlier in the day.

(Maybe it is just 4 missing?) I assume LE has seen this 2 year old and are taking with the father/boyfriend)

I really hope they are found very quickly, nice to hear they are on top of this.

BBM
Why? And how do we know this?
I do wonder how LE knows this. Possibly the person that was going to pick them up? Was that the boyfriend? Why did he not stay the whole time? Questions...

Awesome news!!! So strange it said found on sandbar. Wonder how that happened when they were last seen walking to meet ride. I bet they will have a story to tell! Glad they are safe!

Reports from the police scanner are coming in that they have been found alive on the riverbank. Spotted by the helicopter.

ETA: Mom of the friend gets call about finding them: Crestview Community Television

OSCO's update to Found:

This is so strange to me. They had no shoes, yet got lost walking to meet their ride, were found on a sandbar and were able to start a fire over night. And there were 4 kids not three as some articles inaccurately reported.

Now, I want to know if boyfriend reported them missing?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mzrowdy
Back