FL - Markeis McGlockton shot and killed in front of family, Clearwater, July 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He is accused of killing someone in a parking spot dispute. Authorities say he was standing his ground.

A few months ago, according to the Tampa Bay Times, Rick Kelly parked his tanker truck in the same handicapped spot and said he was confronted by Drejka.

Drejka walked around his truck, looking for handicap decals, then demanded to know why Kelly had parked there, the trucker told the Tampa Bay Times. At one point Drejka threatened to shoot Kelly.

“It’s a repeat. It happened to me the first time. The second time it’s happening, someone’s life got taken,” Kelly told the Tampa Bay Times. “He provoked that.”

Yes Ive seen the Video. He shoved him. You are exaggerating, Drejka was on the ground and Markeis was almost 12 feet away. There was no threat of force. Drejka pauses then pulls out the gun and shoots him in cold blood. You are in denial if you think he had any reason to feel his life was threatened.

Based on demographics of terroristic shooters in the recent years I feel the woman had more to fear for her life of an screaming Drejka harassing her for no reason. Drejka has been reported to have threatened to shoot other people too in the past over small things like parking spots, he was a ticking time bomb looking to murder.

Without a doubt there should be marches in FL to get this man arrested.

Look at the video, the man was shot was only about 5 feet away. This was a violent attack upon a weaker older man who was perceived to be defenseless. Anyone with an ounce of self preservation would be afraid at that point.

Sounds like Drejka has been hankering for a gunfight for a while now. Stalking the handicap parking spot waiting for a victim. What a swell guy.

Nobody's life was in danger from someone parking in the handicap spot. He escalated things so he could shoot someone, IMO. He should be in jail.

Sounds like Drejka has been hankering for a gunfight for a while now. Stalking the handicap parking spot waiting for a victim. What a swell guy.

Nobody's life was in danger from someone parking in the handicap spot. He escalated things so he could shoot someone, IMO. He should be in jail.

Look at the video, the older weaker man was violently shoved to the ground. Here is the story as shown on video. The woman parked in a handicapped slot. The man told her she doesn't have that right. The man has the right to express that to her. She told him whatever she said. The woman has the right to express that to him. She got out of her car. She has the right to get out of her car. A man ran out of the store and violently shoved the older man sending him flying to the ground. That is assault, he DOESN'T have the right to do that. The injured man pulls himself up and the man who assaulted him looms there. He is obviously dangerous, he's proven it. The injured man shoots him. That is a classic example of why stand your ground was enacted. The injured man is not required to try to crawl away before he shoots his attacker. He has the right to defend his life.
As someone who hates bullies, my sympathy is with the older, weaker man forced to defend himself from a stronger, healthier young man.

Look at the video, the man was shot was only about 5 feet away. This was a violent attack upon a weaker older man who was perceived to be defenseless. Anyone with an ounce of self preservation would be afraid at that point.

I honestly question what you perceive as "deadly force" enough to murder an unarmed man. M never punched, kicked or even pointed at him. He pushed a angry, hateful man away from his wife. Drejka was the initiator who wanted to unleash his hate on a young woman.

What husband here would allow a hateful angry threatening man verbally and potentially physically abuse their wife?

Look at the video, the older weaker man was violently shoved to the ground. Here is the story as shown on video. The woman parked in a handicapped slot. The man told her she doesn't have that right. The man has the right to express that to her. She told him whatever she said. The woman has the right to express that to him. She got out of her car. She has the right to get out of her car. A man ran out of the store and violently shoved the older man sending him flying to the ground. That is assault, he DOESN'T have the right to do that. The injured man pulls himself up and the man who assaulted him looms there. He is obviously dangerous, he's proven it. The injured man shoots him. That is a classic example of why stand your ground was enacted. The injured man is not required to try to crawl away before he shoots his attacker. He has the right to defend his life.
As someone who hates bullies, my sympathy is with the older, weaker man forced to defend himself from a stronger, healthier young man.

You dont even know the law. Standing 10 feet away is not immediate threat of violence. Please read the law before spouting mistruths

As mentioned in my previous post, I did watch the video. We clearly have two different perspectives. I see a bully who was looking to shoot someone, and who harasses women and children when they're in vulnerable positions (ie: sitting in the passenger side of a parked car with the driver, and presumably the keys, inside a building out of eyeshot). He certainly didn't wait for the actual driver, who parked the car in that spot, to come out and discuss it with him, and he certainly was harassing her, as he could have pointed out that the car was parked in a handicap spot and left but instead continued to speak to her, gesturing in a way which she could reasonably feel threatened by.

I'm reminded of the students in my preschool class who would pick and pick and pick at other children, and then the second someone looked cross-eyed at them, they'd come hide behind me. The shooter was a bully who was looking for an opportunity to shoot someone. And he got it. And now children don't have a father.

Dude should have minded his own business, alerted the workers of the store if he's ever so concerned, and nobody would have gotten hurt. He's got entitlement issues.

As mentioned in my previous post, I did watch the video. We clearly have two different perspectives. I see a bully who was looking to shoot someone, and who harasses women and children when they're in vulnerable positions (ie: sitting in the passenger side of a parked car with the driver, and presumably the keys, inside a building out of eyeshot). He certainly didn't wait for the actual driver, who parked the car in that spot, to come out and discuss it with him, and he certainly was harassing her, as he could have pointed out that the car was parked in a handicap spot and left but instead continued to speak to her, gesturing in a way which she could reasonably feel threatened by.

I'm reminded of the students in my preschool class who would pick and pick and pick at other children, and then the second someone looked cross-eyed at them, they'd come hide behind me. The shooter was a bully who was looking for an opportunity to shoot someone. And he got it. And now children don't have a father.

Dude should have minded his own business, alerted the workers of the store if he's ever so concerned, and nobody would have gotten hurt. He's got entitlement issues.

There is a reason he chose to yell at a woman and not a man. He is the kind who feels big harassing women and underprivileged people, the moment a man stands up to him he wilts. Thats why he shot a man standing 10 feet away as that man walked away from protecting his wife.

I bet she was terrified being harassed by a man who fits the demographic of every mass shooter in the last 3 years

There is a reason he chose to yell at a woman and not a man. He is the kind who feels big harassing women and underprivileged people, the moment a man stands up to him he wilts. Thats why he shot a man standing 10 feet away as that man walked away from protecting his wife.

I bet she was terrified being harassed by a man who fits the demographic of every mass shooter in the last 3 years
The video doesn't show him screaming at anyone. If you look at the picture you posted, the injured man on the ground was about 5 feet from the man who assaulted him. That is dangerously close.

Also, even if he was 74, or 94, I have yet to determine at what age it is suddenly okay to harass people without consequence.

Older does not automatically equal "weaker" or "wiser" or really anything except "older than yesterday."

He had the right to point out that the woman was depriving the handicapped of their right to park. They are in a car, they are obviously safe from that weak older man. No, there was one crime, and it was committed when the young powerful man ran out of the store and assaulted the older man. Self defense, through and through.
By the way, you can't assault a person because you don't like what they say. You especially cannot assault weaker people just because you're stronger and you will win.

By the way, you can't assault a person because you don't like what they say. You especially cannot assault weaker people just because you're stronger and you will win.

And yet, it happens all the time.

So I just have to ask... When is it OK to assault someone? Who deserves to be assaulted and by whom under what circumstances?

Life is not that black and white (no pun intended) - it just isn't.

He had the right to point out that the woman was depriving the handicapped of their right to park. They are in a car, they are obviously safe from that weak older man. No, there was one crime, and it was committed when the young powerful man ran out of the store and assaulted the older man. Self defense, through and through.

Drejka is 47, stop calling him a weak old man. Ralphael Palmerio is 53 and playing pro baseball, 47 does not make Drejka weak.

And if he had a problem he should have called the police, maybe then he'd be another permit patty on youtube rather than shooting a man from 10 feet away as he turns to walk away after drejka was harassing his wife.

People like Drejka are scary, look at all the recent mass shooters. If a man like that was harassing my wife out of nowhere I'd fear for her life.

Last edited:
A female sitting in a parked car with her children, and a strange man approaches and proceeds to yell and gesture in an angry fashion. It is absolutely understandable, possibly even expected, that she will feel discomfort and likely fear. This was not his business, not his parking lot, and the correct thing to do would be alert the authorities and allow them to do their job. Vigilante parking lot justice is unacceptable.

I agree to disagree on this, as, unless new information comes to light, my mind is decided.

Re: I see a bully who was looking to shoot someone, and who harasses women and children when they're in vulnerable positions (ie: sitting in the passenger side of a parked car with the driver, and presumably the keys, inside a building out of eyeshot). He certainly didn't wait for the actual driver, who parked the car in that spot, to come out and discuss it with him. . .

Britany Jacobs is the driver who parked the vehicle in the handicap space.
In the video, Jacobs can be seen exiting the driver's door several seconds prior to McGlockton slamming Drejka to the ground.

No arrest in fatal shooting during argument over handicap parking space
Updated: July 24, 2018 at 01:21 PM
Jacobs parked in the handicap spot, she said, because the parking lot was busy and they were just stopping for a minute.
McGlockton went up to Drejka and "slammed him to the ground," the sheriff said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elenabarlow