FL - Mass Shooting at Pulse nightclub, Orlando, 12 June 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I notice in the presser tourism was mentioned.

Hard to think of Orlando as the "Happiest Place on Earth' this weekend.

Local news showing ME vans leaving ORMC heading to Pulse

I saw a short video of a newscast that said they know who he is. They are going to his house and running his name through the national security database.

On CNN, a commentator is questioning if this was a terrorist attack, why hold hostages for three hours?
If he was meaning to kill as many people as possible, why stop?

This is such a sad day for America. When I received my breaking news alert this morning, I instantly felt it was another act by an Islamic extremist. Nightclubs like this are sitting ducks for these type of attacks and anywhere else people gather in number.

There is something obvious about this murderer for LE to already be saying they think this is someone with radical Islamic ideations.

I am praying for the lost victims and their families and pray those who have survived will make a full recovery.

These kind of terrorists shootings are what I fear the most. The ones that weren't on the radar of the FBI who already is investigating over a 1000 cases which includes every state. I do believe there are many like this man, hidden in our country waiting for their opportunity to attack another group of innocent people.

Isis isn't contained. Our government cant even contain them all in our country. Didn't ISIS call for bloodshed during Ramadan?

On CNN, a commentator is questioning if this was a terrorist attack, why hold hostages for three hours?
The Paris attackers held hostages as well, iirc.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

How awful for these family members to still be waiting on news of their loved ones. I would be out of my mind with anxiety and fear. Being that it happened at a club, most of the individuals likely had their IDs on them, so maybe next of kin will all be notified soon.

[video=twitter;741973501037449216]https://twitter.com/wsbtv/status/741973501037449216[/video]

I fear for the gays the most who go to nightclubs in great number. ISIS makes it clear how they feel about homosexuality believing all should be murdered.:(

I have no doubt this is why he picked this particular nightclub.

I would be fearful for any of my gay friends to go to places like this for we never know when another one will strike. Its always right out of the blue with no warning at all before attacks like this happens.

On FOX cable news, It is coming up on the bottom of the screen that the shooter had made terror threats in the past. looking for a link.

Boy oh boy. Have been on WS for a while. Throughout that on some threads have had posters who live in the area. I live in the area, have been to Pulse (old dont go out much any more) but wow it is different when it happens in your area, a club you have been to

I am breathless , its my neighbors favorite club

My first thought what is going on with clubs in this city being attacked , last night her this morning this

How close is this to Thornton Park?

On FOX cable news, It is coming up on the bottom of the screen that the shooter had made terror threats in the past. looking for a link.

I wont be surprised in the least if this becomes true, Elley. The sad thing about it LE really cant do anything unless the person does something first.:(

It will probably come out to be another one that slipped through the net of the FBI once again.

It will be interesting to see if he is even from this country or came here as a refugee awhile back. I was reading an article just the other day and it stated most who have planned to attack us on our soil have come from Somalia and have been in our country for years or even decades.

IMO

Could this be considered a 'hate crime' , perhaps in addition to a potential 'terrorism' issue. Such a horrible week for Orlando, they are in my thoughts and prayers.

The Lindt Cafe in Sydney had a Islamic ideology-related hostage situation (in 2014). The two innocent people killed were only killed at the very end of the siege. Fear and getting the message of intimidation into the mass media is just as much of a desired outcome as death.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

An FBI spokesman said they were investigating whether the attacker was a "lone wolf". He said the attacker appeared to "have leanings towards" radical Islamist ideology but it was not yet clear whether this was a case of domestic or international terrorism.

http://www.bbc.com/news/36510272

FBI Special Agent Ronald Hopper said the case was being investigated as a possible act of terrorism, either domestic or international. It was not clear if the shooter acted alone, he said. He said they were trying to determine if there was a connection with radical Islam.

"We do have suggestions that the individual may have leanings toward that particular ideology," Hopper said.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2016/06/12/shooting-orlando-club/85785254/

My first thought is, he was holding the hostages to gather a huge law enforcement presence, and then attack LE (via an accomplice or some well placed explosives?).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024