FL - Mass Shooting at Pulse Nightclub, Orlando 12 June 2016 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm getting confused with her statements, or the media are misquoting. I just saw her interviewed and when queried on whether she thought he was gay, she said she never saw him give any indication that he was gay.
I'm getting a strong "15 minutes of fame" vibe from the ex-wife.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I can't believe Geraldo, what a jerk to say that!

I think what he meant was that knowing you are probably going to die that there was probably an opportunity or two for someone to have possibly jumped him in between reloading.IIRC there were 320? people there, close to 100 shoot, 1/3. I have not seen it in print but I do wonder how may shots were fired, what size mags he had 15 or 30 rounds each, each time he reloaded was an opportunity to take him down. But if he was not visible to the people then they wouldn't know he was vulnerable. jmo idk

I think what he meant was that knowing you are probably going to die that there was probably an opportunity or two for someone to have possibly jumped him in between reloading.IIRC there were 320? people there, close to 100 shoot, 1/3. I have not seen it in print but I do wonder how may shots were fired, what size mags he had 15 or 30 rounds each, each time he reloaded was an opportunity to take him down. But if he was not visible to the people then they wouldn't know he was vulnerable. jmo idk

Plus, Geraldo needs to take into account that alcohol probably dulled the senses and reaction time in many of the Pulse patrons.
Couple that with a dark atmosphere.

I do understand they are now teaching people to fight back and attack the shooter in situations like this, but how many people have been trained in "active shooter drills"?

ABC Orlando - one of the many articles - can't pinpoint which one right now - claims that 220 shots were fired.

There's such a thing as 'active shooter drills', for citizens?

They have Active Shooter drills for teachers and staff in schools and for other companies. One of the first things I learned was to always know where the exits are if you go to a public place and if in a restaurant to sit where your back is not facing the entrance so you can see who comes in the door. The following company does it free of charge for citizen groups, churches, schools.

http://www.newson6.com/story/30972218/avoid-deny-defend-preferred-teaching-for-ok-active-shooter-training

It appeared that Mr. Mateen may have contacted another Orlando club in the days leading up to the shooting.

Micah Bass, the owner of the M Hotel and Revere, a large gay club in the area, said that someone resembling Mr. Mateen requested to add him as a friend this week on Facebook. He said he looked at the person’s picture and noticed that a lot of his friends had Arabic writing on their pages. Mr. Bass said he figured the request must have been sent in error, so he deleted it.

After the attack this morning Mr. Bass thought the name of the man looked familiar. When he searched the name on Google he realized it was in fact the same person who had contacted him.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/13/u...-abuse-and-suspected-terrorist-ties.html?_r=0

It looks like it is filled with love. Not dark.

I couldn't help thinking, as I looked at each room of the home, that his wife must have worked tirelessly to maintain some semblance of normalcy. It is as though there was a little boy who lived there one day, doing all the things that little boys do and love and then, in a moment, it was gone, over... very sad.

So many victims of hate & evil.

In an enclosed space like a nightclub, how are people supposed to attack the shooter if they have reason to suspect he may be wearing an explosive vest or similar?
Whatever, Geraldo Rivera's comments are awful.

This kinda sounds more like a mental health issue- inappropriate behavior.

Snipped & BBM. Cheering when the planes flew into the WTC towers goes way beyond "inappropriate behavior," IMO. But maybe that's just me.

Deadliest American Mass Murder In Single Day
1.) September 11, 2001 Terrorist Attacks-3,000
2.) Oklahoma City Bombing on April 19, 1995-169
3.) Happyland Club Fire on March 25, 1990-87
4.) Pulse Nightclub Terrorist Attack on June 12, 2016-49
5.) Thomas G. Doty, Bombed Continental Airlines Flight 11 on May 22, 1962-45
5.) Bath School Bombing on May 18, 1927-45
6.) Jack Gilbert Graham, Bombed United Airlines Flight 629 on November 1, 1955-44
6.) Francisco Paula Gonzales, Murder/Suicide on board Pacific Air Lines Flight 773 on May 7, 1964-44
7.) David Burke, Killed his former supervisor and two pilots on board Pacific Southwest Airlines Flight 1771 on December 7, 1987-43
8.) Seung-Hui Cho, Virginia Tech Massacre on April 16, 2007-32
9.) Adam Lanza, Sandy Hook Massacre on December 14, 2012-27
10.) Humberto de la Torre, Set fire to Dorothy Mae Apartment Hotel in Los Angeles on September 4, 1982-25
11.) George Hennard, Killeen Massacre, October 16, 1991-23
12.) James Huberty, McDonald's Massacre at San Ysidro, California on July 18, 1984-21
13.) Charles Whitman, University of Texas Clocktower Massacre in Austin on August 1, 1966-18

The Orlando Massacre is the deadliest with gun. The deadliest prior was Virginia Tech Massacre, which is now a distant second.

9/11 is the deadliest mass murder in single day as it is the deadliest terrorist attack. It also happens to be one of the deadliest disasters in American history along with 1900 Galveston Hurricane, 1906 San Francisco Hurricane, and 1928 Lake Okeechobee Hurricane.

Some of these mass murders are obscure today. Many did not involve use of gun.

There are more that involved killing native and black. More deadly

In an enclosed space like a nightclub, how are people supposed to attack the shooter if they have reason to suspect he may be wearing an explosive vest or similar?
Whatever, Geraldo Rivera's comments are awful.

I don't agree. In some cases, fighting back can give you the advantage of life over death. If he had an explosive vest he is going to use it anyway because their intent is to kill as many as possible. Pick up a chair... anything, throw your cellphone, but fight back if you cannot escape or barricade yourself. jmo

Orlando shooter Omar Mateen was gay, former classmate says

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/news/orlando-shooter-omar-mateen-was-gay-former-classma/nrfwW/

Paris terror fugitive was seen trawling gay bars of Brussels before the atrocities

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/paris-terror-fugitive-seen-trawling-6864902

Within days of Sept. 11, a rumor began wafting through media circles: Law enforcement was actively pursuing a theory that Mohamed Atta, the suspected ringleader of the Sept. 11 hijackings and the pilot of the first plane to crashinto the World Trade Center, was a homosexual.

http://www.newsweek.com/mohamed-atta-files-153835

Yes. All schools in the US are supposed to have them once a month since Columbine. It seems some may not have them. Hospitals, airports, what else? have practices. So a lot of people have been involved in them.

Doctor's Facebook post about treating Orlando Pulse victims and a pic showing his blood stained shoes goes viral.

http://www.krmg.com/news/news/local/doctors-facebook-post-showing-blood-stained-shoes-/nrf23/

His Facebook post:

https://www.facebook.com/joshua.corsa/posts/10100818198900082

Amazing, heart-rending post from the Doc. The health care workers did, and continue to do, an amazing super-human job. Much thanks to them and I hope they never have to see such horror again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member