FL - Megan Todt 42, Alek 13, Tyler 11, Zoe 4, & dog Breezy, Celebration, 6 Jan 2020 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been reading all along on this thread as well as the Facebook pages that were established when they all first were considered missing. It is truly a horrifying and bizarre case...from his dad putting a hit out on his mom years ago, to the premeditated and heartless murder of a woman and 3 young children, as well as a tiny little dog...to living in the house with the bodies of his family. It's so so hard to wrap my brain around what could enable a man to do this to his wife and kids and pet. I'm sorry, but his guilt and wanting to spare them from shame or whatever story he will try to sell would be just a reflection on the type of coward he truly seems to be. RIP to the victims.

Last edited:
So he was sentenced to 5 to 10 years for planning the murder of his wife? And she had her left eye shot out, while their little kids were asleep in the next room.

Tony grew up in a nightmarishly dysfunctional home.

Yes. And for years his mother steadfastly support his father and brought them to prison to visit and then suddenly, 180 and he has a stepdad and his dad is gone, right? Weird.

It's reminding me a bit of the Susan Powell case as far as family strain of evil. Her murderer was himself kidnapped by his dad as a child and he and his siblings were kept from their mother for years. Actually, I think his dad may have been kidnapped by one of his parents too.

For any who don't know, then dear old dad fell in love with Susan and took hidden photos of her (and some little girls next door) but helped his son hide his obvious murder of Susan and then tried to keep the grandkids away from Susan's family.

Once the kids were finally removed from Josh, he ultimately killed himself and his poor kids during a supervised visit. Dear old dad was then tried and convicted for child *advertiser censored* and his his brother, who was likely also an accomplice, jumped to his death off a parking garage. Dad died after being released from prison.

Good info on Health Fraud

"“Todt stated that he kept having to bill for services that were not rendered to keep pace with the personal loans that he took out. When asked if he was living above his means, Todt replied, ‘That’s the best way to put it.’ When the agents asked Todt if his wife, Megan, knew about his fraudulent billing practices, Todt responded, ‘No, only me.’"

Anthony Todt was a man under pressure - from creditors, landlords, Medicaid investigators and federal agents
I wonder if he eventually told her, maybe when the eviction notice arrived. Or if his his only solution was to kill her and the kids and dog so what - they wouldn't know? Or wouldn't have to deal with it? He can commit premeditated murder of his wife and kids but not deal with them knowing he was in financial trouble. Because murder is much better for his reputation, and easier to live with. Sarcasm intended. JMO

Last edited:
Yes. And for years his mother steadfastly support his father and brought them to prison to visit and then suddenly, 180 and he has a stepdad and his dad is gone, right? Weird.

It's reminding me a bit of the Susan Powell case as far as family strain of evil. Her murderer was himself kidnapped by his dad as a child and he and his siblings were kept from their mother for years. Actually, I think his dad may have been kidnapped by one of his parents too.

For any who don't know, then dear old dad fell in love with Susan and took hidden photos of her (and some little girls next door) but helped his son hide his obvious murder of Susan and then tried to keep the grandkids away from Susan's family.

Once the kids were finally removed from Josh, he ultimately killed himself and his poor kids during a supervised visit. Dear old dad was then tried and convicted for child *advertiser censored* and his his brother, who was likely also an accomplice, jumped to his death off a parking garage. Dad died after being released from prison.
FL-Todt Family*MEDIA only*Megan, Alek, Tyler, & Zoe, in Celebration, 6 Jan 2020 *Tony arrested
Interesting how this whole thing played out IMO

who can predict this? It happens over and over and all we seem to be able to do is incarcerate the killers and here in FL - put them to death IMO
I’m so sick of this waste of beautiful potential

So Todd’s father tried to have his mother murdered.
Did Todd witness this?

I've read in one of the articles from that time that he overheard it. He was very young (around 4-5 IIRC).
Health Care Fraud.

Twitter

WOW! So this is different than the False Claims Act investigation, I think.

It is - from the article in the quote below this:
Connecticut Attorney General William Tong, whose office represents the Department of Social Services, the state’s steward of federal Medicaid dollars, has also opened an investigation into Todt’s therapy practice under the federal False Claims Act, which covers health-care fraud.

"“Todt stated that he kept having to bill for services that were not rendered to keep pace with the personal loans that he took out. When asked if he was living above his means, Todt replied, ‘That’s the best way to put it.’ When the agents asked Todt if his wife, Megan, knew about his fraudulent billing practices, Todt responded, ‘No, only me.’"

Anthony Todt was a man under pressure - from creditors, landlords, Medicaid investigators and federal agents

This is an EXCELLENT article. He folded immediately in this case according to the affidavit. I hope he does the same in this case.

I think the Powell comparison is spot on. I'm almost scared about what we're going to find out about the home-life of those kiddos.

I wonder if he eventually told her, maybe when the eviction notice arrived. Or if his his only solution was to kill her and the kids and dog so what - they wouldn't know? Or wouldn't have to deal with it? He can commit premeditated murder of his wife and kids but not deal with them knowing he was in financial trouble. Because murder is much better for his reputation, and easier to live with. Sarcasm intended. JMO

I still think he knew the walls were closing in and killed them all before they could know anything. According to the Health Fraud affidavit, he knew this arrest was coming, he had to know the eviction was coming, and the debt was crippling.

In these types of investigations, the subject generally knows when they’re going to be arrested or indicted. They’re interviewed and documents are subpoenaed so you can often see the writing on the wall (particularly when they know they’ve done something wrong).

It sounds like the investigation was winding down in December and he knew his family would find out about the fraud. He probably felt trapped - if their lifestyle was only accessible by fraud, how would his family cope when it all ends and he’s locked up and his wife is alone to care for the children.

Obviously the answer is NOT murder, but you can see how the situation was extreme for him. Some people cannot take the stress. As business defense attorneys we worry about suicide when it becomes clear one or two people are really responsible for some financial fraud. You see bankers or executives take their own lives rather than face consequences. But this is so much worse.

It’s really sad. I wonder if he had a lawyer during the investigation. It turns into counseling sometimes- convincing your client they’ll get through this and be able to start something new once they pay for what they’ve done. But there’s no moving past murdering your whole family.

Is it possible that Megan knew about the fraud and debt and was trying to leave him? Maybe the car was packed because she was trying to leave with a the kids on the 15th instead of going on a vacation like the neighbors assumed. Based on his Facebook where he seemed to really adore his wife and family, could he have been fueled by a jealous rage if she tried to leave? Like everything was just shattering and that was the last straw? Just a thought I had.

In these types of investigations, the subject generally knows when they’re going to be arrested or indicted. They’re interviewed and documents are subpoenaed so you can often see the writing on the wall (particularly when they know they’ve done something wrong).

It sounds like the investigation was winding down in December and he knew his family would find out about the fraud. He probably felt trapped - if their lifestyle was only accessible by fraud, how would his family cope when it all ends and he’s locked up and his wife is alone to care for the children.

Obviously the answer is NOT murder, but you can see how the situation was extreme for him. Some people cannot take the stress. As business defense attorneys we worry about suicide when it becomes clear one or two people are really responsible for some financial fraud. You see bankers or executives take their own lives rather than face consequences. But this is so much worse.

It’s really sad. I wonder if he had a lawyer during the investigation. It turns into counseling sometimes- convincing your client they’ll get through this and be able to start something new once they pay for what they’ve done. But there’s no moving past murdering your whole family.

BBM. I don't think so, but maybe does currently. I'm hoping one of the news agencies will release the full redacted affidavit, but this quote from a news source with access to the document stated this:
He agreed to plead guilty and meet with an attorney to work out the details of his federal prosecution.
Feds Accused Dad in Celebration Slaying Case of Health Care Fraud

There's a bit more detail than the Hartford Courant at the link above. Also the motion to unseal is there.

Is it possible that Megan knew about the fraud and debt and was trying to leave him? Maybe the car was packed because she was trying to leave with a the kids on the 15th instead of going on a vacation like the neighbors assumed. Based on his Facebook where he seemed to really adore his wife and family, could he have been fueled by a jealous rage if she tried to leave? Like everything was just shattering and that was the last straw? Just a thought I had.

Possible? Sure. I don't think so, though. It was a gut feeling before the release of this affidavit and everything that's being reported in the affidavit states she didn't know.

Possible? Sure. I don't think so, though. It was a gut feeling before the release of this affidavit and everything that's being reported in the affidavit states she didn't know.

Either she didn’t know at all, she just very recently found out and there was some kind of reaction/argument, or she did know and he wanted to protect her from being part of the investigation.

Either she didn’t know at all, she just very recently found out and there was some kind of reaction/argument, or she did know and he wanted to protect her from being part of the investigation.
I don't think so. That's not really the pattern of family annihilator. If he had just killed her? I'd buy the argument. I think his only motivation was to protect himself. It's not rational, I know, but this is the way he could protect his image to his immediate family.

Inmate search

Osceola County Corrections | Details

Print This Rap Sheet
Name:ANTHONY JOHN TODT
ID:1205085

Name: ANTHONY JOHN TODT
AKA: Race: W
DOB: 09/29/1975 Sex: M
Inmate ID: 1205085 Eyes: BRO
Booking: 345170 Hair: BRO
Category: Weight: 250
Height: 5'07"