FL - Megan Todt 42, Alek 13, Tyler 11, Zoe 4, & dog Breezy, Celebration, 6 Jan 2020 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So Dad was just hanging out with the bodies in the house? o_O

Seems that way! “Deputies [in Florida] made several attempts to make contact with the family inside the home throughout the weekend, but were unsuccessful until Monday” (per news station WFSB). If he was holding the family hostage, I feel they would have heard something when they came knocking on the door, but maybe not. Perhaps they didn’t take it seriously... It is strange he didn’t kill himself also. Sounds like finances sent him over the edge. Wonder where the dog is... poor family.

5e1cef310e7c1.image.jpg

Police in Florida found four people dead and arrested one person.

The Todt family bought property in Celebration in 2005, but still owned the Family Physical Therapy business back in Connecticut.

The family fell on hard times.

Tony Todt's license to practice in Connecticut was not renewed last September.

Last month, before the holidays, the family was evicted from the house at which they'd been staying in Celebration, FL. It was at that home where police were spotted on Monday.

Death investigation underway in FL as concerns over missing Colchester family grow

I've been following this in SM for a while. At first people were trying to figure out where the family went because Tony's sisters started a FB group asking for the communities information on the last time anyone had spoken to anyone in the family.

Tony and one of his sons were supposed to have flown into CT on 1/9 and never showed up. Which allegedly what prompted people looking for them. In the Facebook group it came out that Tony was last heard from on 1/6 via text. The family was last seen on 12/15 by a neighbor. It was also revealed by a patient of Tony's physical therapy practice that the office called the week after Thanksgiving and cancelled all future appointments. And his PT licence had expired in September.

This lead people to dig into them. It was found that the family sold their home in 2017 in CT. And appears Tony had been commuting between FL and CT since then. They had owned a condo in Celebration since 2005, but at some point recently had moved into a rental home. This is the home that had eviction proceeding started in December. It appeared the family was having financial issues based on public records searches and people began to think they had voluntarily disappeared.

All we know right now is that 4 bodies were found and Tony is "in the hospital" or "in custody." I checked the Osceola County daily arrests and he's not listed as an arrest for yesterday.

Anthony ‘Tony’ Todt Family: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

Osceola County Corrections | Daily

Also been following this on SM for awhile. His sisters had a FB group to help find them but kept deleting posts with anyone asking questions about the cars and when they last heard from them. The group has now been deleted.
The speculation was/is that he texted sister(s) what he had done or was going to do and they were trying to protect their brother. IMO

So, what are the possible theories?

Mine is: TT business was failing. Money was super tight (closing practice, lapsed license, eviction notice). This sets up the classic family annihilator scenario. He kills the wife and kids (and probably dog) sometime around Christmas - most likely before. I bet we find there were no Christmas gifts. He stays quiet for a while, but ends up confessing to his family that "something bad" has happened or is going to happen to his family. Sufficiently vague but alarming. The sisters set up the FB page trying not to spook him but just get info from friends, etc - my guess is he hasn't told them he actually killed the family, maybe only threats. That would explain the extra cautious odd behavior of the sisters. Then, the FB group goes viral, the neighbor calls the police and police go to investigate again and boom, he's actually there, gets arrested, family found, etc.

If the man being arrested is the Dad, the pic seems to show him in a wheelchair.

I think he is sitting on the side of an EMS stretcher. MOO

Yes, he's on an EMS stretcher.

So if he sold his house in CT in 2017 but was still seeing patients- where was he staying?

The expense of flying back and forth to maintain the business wasn’t cheap either.

So he killed the family but didn’t kill himself.

I think he was staying with family when in the area. The family stated they expected TT and his oldest son on 1/9/20.

Yep, exactly. Fits with the family annihilator profile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kellieshoes