FL - Megan Todt 42, Alek 13, Tyler 11, Zoe 4, & dog Breezy, Celebration, 6 Jan 2020 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my first time posting on anything like this and I hope I don’t regret it, but I thought that this might add something to the discussion to make sense of this all. I’m closer to this situation than I’d like to be. I will leave it at that.

I believe this is his blog: Health and the Stay at Home Dad

Wow this blog is really boring.

Welcome aboard!

Was this perfection-projection streak something that was visible in other areas of life too?

The recipe posted is of course hugely calorific. Not actually healthy eating. Some people believe that if you spin it in that way it’s okay, if you know what I mean.

He gushed on fb about his love for his family and how wonderful they were very often. He was also big into antivax/anti-gluten, very critical of Obama, Obamacare, and social welfare programs.

He gushed on fb about his love for his family and how wonderful they were very often. He was also big into antivax/anti-gluten, very critical of Obama, Obamacare, and social welfare programs.

Why am I not surprised. Of course, gluten was probably okay for him, because he’s special. Uber misogynist power abuser. In my humble opinion.

He hated Obamacare so much he put a special effort in to steal from the insurance that covers those that need it the most.

I sense here a syndrome I’ve seen before: the meanness of the also-ran. Couldn’t get into med school: anti vax. Pretends to be wealthy on credit: hates social mobility programs. Hates women and minorities: anti Obama. Based on a lifetime of observing humanity.

So he considered himself a stay at home dad in 2013 and Megan worked full-time to support the family? They were living in CT, right? There was one comment that mentioned "Hope you and the family had a good time at Disneyland". They were doing well enough back then for only one of them to work and they were taking the family to a Disney vacation in CA?

He hated Obamacare so much he put a special effort in to steal from the insurance that covers those that need it the most.

I sense here a syndrome I’ve seen before: the meanness of the also-ran. Couldn’t get into med school: anti vax. Pretends to be wealthy on credit: hates social mobility programs. Hates women and minorities: anti Obama. Based on a lifetime of observing humanity.

Well said and very interesting take.

So he considered himself a stay at home dad in 2013 and Megan worked full-time to support the family? They were living in CT, right? There was one comment that mentioned "Hope you and the family had a good time at Disneyland". They were doing well enough back then for only one of them to work and they were taking the family to a Disney vacation in CA?

Except that in the one and only comment on his blog it mentions - "sorry for the reason for your unexpected cross-country trip"? I am still curious if there will be anything more than just living way beyond one's means as a reason for the dire financial picture, but I don't think there will be. I keep coming back thinking we will find an explanation for an inexplicable act. I guess I find it interesting that this family annihilator did not kill himself as the majority do.

Interesting. In my experience, the ones who “gush” (that’s the perfect word for it!) for spouses on fb are the ones who have the worst relationships. I can think of more than one couple who were the worst “gushers” on fb who are now divorced. I don’t necessarily think this would apply to children and families as a whole, because many people gush about their children and families on Facebook… As they should. That’s one of the main reasons people use fb, to share about their families with friends and loved ones. But the spouse gushing, it seems to correlate every time. Just my observations, opinions.

Very interesting since he was stealing from a social welfare program! Sure didn't mind taking advantage of defrauding Medicare!

"Todt collected more than $130,000 from fraudulent bills he sent to private insurance firms and government-run programs, including Medicare."

https://nypost.com/2020/01/16/antho...elebration-florida-ordered-held-without-bail/

Interesting. In my experience, the ones who “gush” (that’s the perfect word for it!) for spouses on fb are the ones who have the worst relationships. I can think of more than one couple who were the worst “gushers” on fb who are now divorced.

I totally agree with this and refuse to play this game! I still remember my spouse feeling bad-in-comparison to someone's facebook post when I had just dropped the kid off and the front lawn was brown, clearly hadn't been mowed in weeks! Perfect on facebook, shambles in real life.

Last thought - I've been haunted by the thought that this guy is such a narcissist that he couldn't see if he just killed himself, not the others, so many of the family's problems would go away. Medicare fraud indictment, gone. Person who couldn't make a living because their professional license was not current, gone. Licensed person who could earn a living, still there. Social security benefits, life insurance on "dad" providing income to the family. Sure, they might have had to live in that two bedroom condo and go to school instead of being homeschooled so mom could work, but they would all be alive, instead of the one person with the vast majority of the problems who is just sitting in jail for the rest of his life.

Last edited:
Very interesting since he was stealing from a social welfare program! Sure didn't mind taking advantage of defrauding Medicare!

"Todt collected more than $130,000 from fraudulent bills he sent to private insurance firms and government-run programs, including Medicare."

...Last thought - I've been haunted by the thought that this guy is such a narcissist that he couldn't see if he just killed himself, not the others, so many of the family's problems would go away. Medicare fraud indictment, gone. Person who couldn't make a living because their professional license was not current, gone. Licensed person who could earn a living, still there. Social security benefits, life insurance on "dad" providing income to the family. Sure, they might have had to live in that two bedroom condo and go to school instead of being homeschooled so mom could work, but they would all be alive, instead of the one person with the vast majority of the problems who is just sitting in jail for the rest of his life.

His narcissism is going to let him try and find some way to blame the mom and kids for their deaths. You see, he’s so uniquely special and entitled to special consideration that we must understand what the incredible performance pressure made him do. I wish we could see the basis of his plea.

His narcissism is going to let him try and find some way to blame the mom and kids for their deaths. You see, he’s so uniquely special and entitled to special consideration that we must understand what the incredible performance pressure made him do. I wish we could see the basis of his plea.

Just my opinion and experience, while there has been so much said about what he did to help others etc, Megan seemed to me to be worthy of that praise. I don’t want to give info that is too specific, but she was helpful without having it be a spectacle. Imo the was something disingenuous about his behavior vs she was genuinely a loving person. She def loved her family. I feel like he was more distant. Comparing his online public persona to what I know of behind the scenes, it seemed like his generousity was more for show.

Just my opinion and experience, while there has been so much said about what he did to help others etc, Megan seemed to me to be worthy of that praise. I don’t want to give info that is too specific, but she was helpful without having it be a spectacle. Imo the was something disingenuous about his behavior vs she was genuinely a loving person. She def loved her family. I feel like he was more distant. Comparing his online public persona to what I know of behind the scenes, it seemed like his generousity was more for show.

He cared and cares only for himself. And I’m serious that I think he thinks he can appeal to sympathy for his position so that he still looks great to himself. His wife was between a rock and a hard place.
How much of his irrational beliefs did she have to go along with to make him feel like Superman? Perhaps she stood up to him for once. It could be something as trivial as having the children vaccinated for all we know.

This is my first time posting on anything like this and I hope I don’t regret it, but I thought that this might add something to the discussion to make sense of this all. I’m closer to this situation than I’d like to be. I will leave it at that.

I believe this is his blog: Health and the Stay at Home Dad

This blog says absolutely nothing! Just blab, blab, blab. Vacant, vapid, empty. It's not even boring; there's no feeling, no person, no stuffing. The words are flat, the thoughts banal, and almost certainly he copied that recipe (or all the posts) from someone else. This is not just a case of "he has trouble expressing himself"; this is a case of "there's nothing to express". Nor is it a question of having no idea how to be grammatically correct and not be able to convey what he means; after all, his sentences are grammatically correct.

Who writes a personal blog with a dark grey background like that? Cold, dull, energy-sucking. And who uses a yellow font that you can't see: a mote of sunshine, and it's blanketed by a dense grey fog?

Creepy. IMO.

Last edited:
He cared and cares only for himself. And I’m serious that I think he thinks he can appeal to sympathy for his position so that he still looks great to himself. His wife was between a rock and a hard place.
How much of his irrational beliefs did she have to go along with to make him feel like Superman? Perhaps she stood up to him for once. It could be something as trivial as having the children vaccinated for all we know.

His rants about anti-vac were more about timing and doing studies on outdated techniques and quoting a European study that implied possible autism connection, but still maintaining that he was not against vaccines. (LOL, okay, he probably was but hid behind his "moderate" rants against the system).

But I don't know if it would do much good either way, if they were both indeed anti-vac, because homeschooling in FL requires immunization to attend music and art classes I believe. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

His FB posts also highlight home birth and organic foods (anti-processed anything), so I do get the vibe that they were very much into natural everything. I get some of it because I became very involved in Le Leche when my kids were small, and even tried cloth diapers for a spell (you know, because I wasn't about to have chemicals touching my kids' genitals LMAO).

And then of course there's his anti-government rants. All done while making it clear that BOTH political sides are at fault. He's the personality that seems to have a ton of anger and a strong opinion on everything, but needs to be liked so much, that he has to taper every outburst with stroking the other side. That's just F'ed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member