GUILTY FL - Melissa Stoddard, 11, tortured to death, Sarasota, Dec 2012

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Kim Kuizon FOX 13 ‏@kkuizon · 1m
Goffinet says Melissa was fine around Kenneth and Misty #StoddardTrial #Sarasota

Michelle R. Davis ‏@abc4success · 1m
#stoddardtrial while Special Ed teacher testified for prosecution, teacher aide testifying for defense

Gabrielle Russon ‏@GabrielleRusson · 56s
Kenneth said he put Melissa in timeout for hours to the aide. #stoddardtrial

Kim Kuizon FOX 13 ‏@kkuizon · 58s
Goffinet asked Kenneth how he got Melissa to behave he said I don't hit her, but I flick her #StoddardTrial #Sarasota

Gabrielle Russon ‏@GabrielleRusson · 2m
Aide never saw marks or bruises, seemed healthy "at the beginning." #stoddardtrial

Michelle R. Davis ‏@abc4success · 3m
#stoddardtrial teacher aide says Melissa father would keep her in time out for hours and 'flick' her

 Gabrielle Russon ‏@GabrielleRusson · 2m
Did Misty Stoddard seek out help for Melissa? defense asks. "I have no idea," aide says #stoddardtrial



Gabrielle Russon ‏@GabrielleRusson · 16s
Melissa got 100's the last week her aide saw her, before her parents pulled her out of Oak Park School #stoddardtrial

#stoddardtrial Melissa was removed from school by Misty and father around Thanksgiving

Gabrielle Russon ‏@GabrielleRusson · 1m
"It made you feel good when you work with these kids," aide says. "It sticks with you." #stoddardtrial

Michelle R. Davis ‏@abc4success · 43s
#stoddardtrial Melissa earned time w her favorite Nemo toy daily before parents took her out of school

Kenneth said he put Melissa in timeout for hours to the aide. #stoddardtrial

Kim Kuizon FOX 13 ‏@kkuizon · 58s
Goffinet asked Kenneth how he got Melissa to behave he said I don't hit her, but I flick her #StoddardTrial #Sarasota

Thanks for all this work helping keep us update!
Now, if I had a parent or child tell me that a child was frequently kept in time out for hours, I would be legally mandated to report that to CPS! And this is for the defense? :facepalm:

There maybe an issue....looks like second witness was not supposed to be in courtroom, but was inside the room #StoddardTrial #Sarasota

Kim Kuizon FOX 13 ‏@kkuizon · 44s
Second Witness is Jody Smith. She asked if she was allowed in courtroom and apparently 2 people outside said yes #StoddardTrial #Sarasota

Jody Smith, the next witness, walked into the courtroom while another witness was still testifying #stoddardtrial

Kim Kuizon FOX 13 ‏@kkuizon · 56s
State has an objection to the second witness testifying. Judge over rules the objection #StoddardTrial #Sarasota

Thanks for all this work helping keep us update!
Now, if I had a parent or child tell me that a child was frequently kept in time out for hours, I would be legally mandated to report that to CPS! And this is for the defense? :facepalm:

I can't believe what I am reading--really wish it was streamed

Judge is now lecturing the defense team. She will testify #StoddardTrial #Sarasota

#stoddardtrial next witness came into courtroom and heard aide testify, judge allowing it

Amber Stidham ‏@amberstidham · 1m
State objected to Smith testifying, Judge over rules objection. Smith on stand now #stoddardtrial

Gabrielle Russon ‏@GabrielleRusson · 55s
Smith can still testify. She's a social worker who is the bridge between parents and Oak Park School #stoddardtrial

Kim Kuizon FOX 13 ‏@kkuizon · 53s
Jody Smith is a home school liaison with her old school #StoddardTrial #Sarasota

Gabrielle Russon ‏@GabrielleRusson · 21s
Smith was supposed to do a home visit to find out why Melissa was not attending school #stoddardtrial

Jody Smith said she did a home visit to find out why Melissa was not in school. Misty said her behavior was too intense #StoddardTrial

#stoddardtrial Smith, home-school liaison, did a home visit to find out why Melissa not in school

Misty told Smith that Melissa had been so aggressive, the stepmother couldn't get her down the street to the school bus stop #stoddardtrial

Michelle R. Davis ‏@abc4success · 40s
#stoddardtrial Misty told Smith that Melissa was so poorly behaved, couldn't get her to bus

When Smith went to Stoddards' home, Melissa was running errands with her dad on his day off, according to Misty #stoddardtrial

Smith recommended two agencies for Misty Stoddard to get support #stoddardtrial

Michelle R. Davis ‏@abc4success · 45s
@GabrielleRusson school could have done parent counseling & training and arranged door to door bus #stoddardtrial

Gabrielle Russon ‏@GabrielleRusson · 54s
Children's Medical Services was supposed to start helping the family on Jan. 1, 2013 #stoddardtrial

Jody Smith says she believed Stoddard's needed help in their home #StoddardTrial #Sarasota

"My concern was getting Melissa back in school. If behavior was the issue, we wanted to get that addressed," Smith said #stoddardtrial

Gabrielle Russon ‏@GabrielleRusson · 4m
Misty and the school social worker stayed in touch on the phone up until Melissa was in All Children's Hospital #stoddardtrial

Social worker went to home visit in December. Misty wouldn't let her inside. They stayed out on the front porch #stoddardtrial

#stoddardtrial Misty refused to permit school staff in the house during the home visit

Gabrielle Russon ‏@GabrielleRusson · 51s
"Wasn't it important during a home visit to check on the student who wasn’t at the school?" Prosecutor asks social worker #stoddardtrial

Gabrielle Russon ‏@GabrielleRusson · 2m
Misty still didn't let the social worker inside the house #stoddardtrial

Kim Kuizon FOX 13 ‏@kkuizon · 2m
State is grilling Jody Smith asking why they didn't ask to see her once she didn't show up in classes #StoddardTrial #Sarasota

Kim Kuizon FOX 13 ‏@kkuizon · 31s
Jody Smith: "Misty had an explanation for everything." #StoddardTrial #Sarasota

Gabrielle Russon ‏@GabrielleRusson · 49s
Social worker: "Misty had an explanation for everything." #stoddardtrial

Michelle R. Davis ‏@abc4success · 2m
#stoddardtrial school rep saw Misty black eye and scratches, but did not try to come back to home

That was a pretty tense exchange between prosecutor Karen Fraivillig and Jody Smith, the social worker #stoddardtrial

Gabrielle Russon ‏@GabrielleRusson · 51s
Prosecutor asks social worker if she would have heard Melissa scream if her mouth was duct taped shut or stuck outside. #stoddardtrial

Kim Kuizon FOX 13 ‏@kkuizon · 26s
Now the defense is recalling Detective Northfield...Misty was supposed to be next #StoddardTrial #Sarasota

"I'd like to think I have heard some kind of noise," Smith says in #stoddardtrial. "I have no way of knowing

Amber Stidham ‏@amberstidham · 57s
Detective Northfield next witness for defense.. #stoddardtrial

Court is taking another 10 minute break before Misty Stoddard could take the stand #StoddardTrial #Sarasota

#stoddardtrial the prosecution has no questions for the detective.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elementpro
Back