GUILTY FL - Meredith Jessie, 6, & Mark Weekly, 50, Lakeland, 18 July 2015 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Friday, December 6th:
*Status Hearing (re Sentencing) -VERDICT-Guilty! (@ 8:30am ET) - FL - Meredith Jessie (6) daughter & Mark Weekly (50) father (July 18, 2015, Lakeland, found Aug. 1, 2015) - *Cheyanne Nicole Jessie (25/now 29) indicted (8/18/15) on 2 counts 1st degree murder, 1 count tampering with evidence. Plead not guilty. Held without bond. DA will seek DP.
Trial started on 7/1/19. Jury selection took place from 6/24-28/19. Jury is 9 women & 3 men. Deliberated for ~3 hours & came back with guilty on 2 counts of 1st degree murder, also convicted of tampering with physical evidence for hiding the bodies after the slayings. Penalty Phase deliberations: 7/18 to 7/19: Verdict: The jury in the Cheyanne Jessie trial on Friday recommended a death sentence for Jessie for the murder of her daughter, Meredith. They also recommended 10 years to life in prison for the murder of Mark Weekly, Jessie's father. The jury voted 10-2 on the question of the death sentence for the slaying of Mark Weekly. The lack of a unanimous vote led to the life sentence. They were, however, unanimous in their vote regarding Meredith's murder.
7/19/19: There will still be a series of hearings prior to the judge issuing a sentence for Jessie. The next hearing is scheduled for August 28. 8/29/19: Next Status hearing on 9/27 & hearing on 10/10.
9/27/19 Update: 10/8: Order granted defendant's motion for additional funds for the services of a videographer & motion to interview juror & notice of interview jurors. Next Hearing on 10/10. 10/10/19: Order sealing confidential records. Motion to interview & notice of intention to interview jurors. Next Status hearing on 10/23. 10/25/19: Next Status hearing on 12/6.

Cheyanne Jessie: Judge dismisses allegations of juror misconduct - death penalty case continues toward sentencing

With the denial of the defense motion Friday by Circuit Judge Jalal Harb, the historic Polk death penalty verdict continues on legal path toward final sentencing of 30-year-old Lakeland woman.
BARTOW — A circuit judge denied the defense motion Friday filed by lawyers for convicted murderer Cheyanne Jessie seeking to interview jurors after one panel member raised questions about possible misconduct.
In his two-page ruling, Circuit Judge Jalal Harb said the issues raised about the jury deliberations appear to fall within the ordinary course of jury deliberations, and it’s unlikely the issues would have altered the outcome of the trial.
[.....]
Jessie has been held in the Polk County Jail since her August 2015 arrest, and will remain in custody pending sentencing. Her next court date is a status hearing Jan. 10, according to court records.

@SeesSeas - I hate to ask, but I have not been able to get into the Polk County court site for quite a bit....

Welcome to Polk Records Online, the Polk County Clerk of Court’s consolidated case records search application. Please select from the available options.

Can you see if they have a time for the 1/10 hearing & if they "might" have a sentencing date on there yet?

TIA!
animated-smileys-christmas-133.gif

@SeesSeas - I hate to ask, but I have not been able to get into the Polk County court site for quite a bit....

Welcome to Polk Records Online, the Polk County Clerk of Court’s consolidated case records search application. Please select from the available options.

Can you see if they have a time for the 1/10 hearing & if they "might" have a sentencing date on there yet?

TIA!
animated-smileys-christmas-133.gif
This is the link I use (see post #201 above):
PublicCaptcha
^^Can you get into this link? If not, I'll check this afternoon when I get back home to my computer.

Nope!
vil-nono.gif

Take your time - no hurry! :)
No sentencing date yet.
01/10/2020 1:30 PM - STATUS HEARING

PublicCaptcha
Polk Records Online
Case Style : STATE OF FLORIDA vs. JESSIE CHEYANNE NICOLE

Court Date Court Time Location Motion Section Judge
01/10/2020 1:30 PM BARTOW COURTHOUSE STHR - STATUS HEARING F9 JALAL HARB
12/06/2019 8:15 AM BARTOW 9 C BLUE ELEVATOR STHR - STATUS HEARING F9 JALAL HARB

Friday, January 10th:
*Status Hearing (re Sentencing) (@ 1:30pm ET) - FL - Meredith Jessie (6) daughter & Mark Weekly (50) father (July 18, 2015, Lakeland, found Aug. 1, 2015) - *Cheyanne Nicole Jessie (25/now 29) indicted (8/18/15) on 2 counts 1st degree murder, 1 count tampering with evidence. Plead not guilty. Held without bond. DA will seek DP.
Trial started on 7/1/19. Jury selection took place from 6/24-28/19. Jury is 9 women & 3 men. Deliberated for ~3 hours & came back with guilty on 2 counts of 1st degree murder, also convicted of tampering with physical evidence for hiding the bodies after the slayings. Penalty Phase deliberations: 7/18 to 7/19: Verdict: The jury in the Cheyanne Jessie trial on Friday recommended a death sentence for Jessie for the murder of her daughter, Meredith. They also recommended 10 years to life in prison for the murder of Mark Weekly, Jessie's father. The jury voted 10-2 on the question of the death sentence for the slaying of Mark Weekly. The lack of a unanimous vote led to the life sentence. They were, however, unanimous in their vote regarding Meredith's murder.
7/19/19: There will still be a series of hearings prior to the judge issuing a sentence for Jessie. The next hearing is scheduled for August 28. 8/29/19: Next Status hearing on 9/27 & hearing on 10/10.
9/27/19 Update: 10/8: Order granted defendant's motion for additional funds for the services of a videographer & motion to interview juror & notice of interview jurors. Next Hearing on 10/10. 10/10/19: Order sealing confidential records. Motion to interview & notice of intention to interview jurors. Next Status hearing on 10/23. 10/25/19: Next Status hearing on 12/6.
12/6/19 Update: Judge dismisses allegations of juror misconduct. Death penalty case continues toward sentencing. She will remain in custody pending sentencing. Her next court date is a status hearing Jan. 10.

@Suglo - was wondering if there might be a sentencing date? Maybe a bit too early....

TIA! :)

@Suglo - was wondering if there might be a sentencing date? Maybe a bit too early....

@Niner You tagged the wrong person :cool: I think you meant to ask @SeesSeas ! Looks like she’s been helping you out. I tried to look but it keeps giving me errors on her name! Sorry about that.

@Niner You tagged the wrong person :cool: I think you meant to ask @SeesSeas ! Looks like she’s been helping you out. I tried to look but it keeps giving me errors on her name! Sorry about that.

Well - she is taking a break from all the threads - that's why I was trying someone else to help me on ALL the cases that she did help me on... :(

@PayrollNerd - can you access Polk County court site? TIA if you can! :)

edited to add - see post 208 for link to court site.

Well - she is taking a break from all the threads - that's why I was trying someone else to help me on ALL the cases that she did help me on... :(
Shoot. Let me try again in the morning. What is the defendant’s name? When I entered it as Jessie Cheyanne Nicole it didn’t produce any results. I’m wondering which are her first, middle and last names?

@Niner Okay I found it! They have reset the status hearing from 1/10/2020 to 3/20/2020. That is all there is on the docket for now other than there was a motion and memorandum filed in support of defendant’s request to interview a juror and a memorandum filed in opposition to that by the state which hasn’t been ruled on yet. The notice by the clerk was filed today 01/14/2020. Remind me and I will look again in a couple of weeks.

Thanks @Suglo - yes - her name is confusing!

Is there a "time" on the 3/20 hearing? TIA! :)

Thanks @Suglo - yes - her name is confusing!

Is there a "time" on the 3/20 hearing? TIA! :)
@Niner No there was not which I thought was strange. I will look again in a couple of weeks to see if they have updated the docket.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fruit
Back