GUILTY FL - Meredith Jessie, 6, & Mark Weekly, 50, Lakeland, 18 July 2015 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
From September:

http://www.tbo.com/news/crime/state...-woman-accused-of-killing-dad-child-20150909/

Prosecutors are seeking the death penalty against a 25-year-old Lakeland woman accused of killing her father and 6-year-old daughter.

From November:

http://www.wtsp.com/story/news/loca...unty-girl-one-day-before-her-murder/75637366/

New questions are being asked after just-released documents show that a 6-year-old girl was visited by a Department of Children and Families investigator one day before her murder.

Documents from the department’s final investigation show that the investigator met with the entire family and there were no signs of the tragedy that would happen one day later.

It is sad to look at the related stories link on the second page and see all the other cases where DCF failed prior to a child being murdered in Florida.

Snipped by me for reference.

Holy cow. Not to waylay the conversation, but this is unfathomable....

While the reports show the investigator did not make any mistakes in this investigation, the documents do show the same thing that we've seen in child protection units all over the Bay Area -- there's a recruitment and retention issue.

For investigators in Polk County, on average new recruits resign within 8 weeks on the job and that's after a very lengthy training

8 weeks!!!!

:bump: ing up this thread....

What happened in the trial??

TIA!

Odd, never heard of this case, I live in Lakeland and see what I can find..

Emailed my local Lakeland Ledger, this is what they wrote me..

Hi Shaun,

There haven't been any new developments in that case worth reporting, but she has a court date April 6 so we'll be keeping an eye on that. Jury selection is scheduled for July.

Best regards,

Amy Gehrt
Electronic Media Editor
300 W Lime St, Lakeland, FL 33815

Thanks for checking this out Shin Masamura! Wondering what happened in the April 6th hearing. So jury selection starts in July - Thanks again!

:bump: up again! :)

Was wondering if there was a date stated on when jury selection is starting. It is "almost" July....

JUSTICE for Meredith and her Grandpa :rose:

This woman killed her daddy and her six year old baby and then went to work as a checker and checked out people's purchases as if nothing had happened.

[all of the above posts by me are paraphrased info from the presser which is quite long and detailed]

I'm bumping this cause I needed a reminder on this case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On the link you provided NIN - nothing came up.... :dunno:

wondering what happened at yesterday's hearing and "when" the next court hearing will be....

TIA if anyone finds something!

I'm sorry, but we don't typically cover status hearings.There haven't been any developments worth reporting in this, but we are keeping an eye on the case.

Best regards,

Amy Gehrt
Electronic Media Editor

Sorry to bother - but anything on this? I've tried googling, but unfortunately, nothing is coming up for me....

TIA!

Finally after 4 years....

Monday, March 5th:
*Trial set to begin - FL - Meredith Jessie (6) & Mark Weeley (50) (July 18, 2015) - Cheyanne Jessie (25) accused & indicted of 2 counts 1st degree murder, 1 count tampering with evidence; her father and daughter killed.

:judge:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
enthusiastic
Back