FL FL - Miami Beach, WhtMale UP6736, 30-40, 6'9" & 335 lbs, drowned, Dec'09

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
From the facebook page of his daughter who is looking for him, there is another sister as well that she never met. That probably means it might be a bit complicated to locate all of the family.

Masnitram, did you get any further info?

Nothing yet; I left a VM for both the ME in Miami and the detective in Halifax. I'll try again Monday...

The Delano is a very "go to" place for homosexuals. It has been that way for years.
Most people just are not aware of it. He may have shaved his legs.

Disclaimer: I am not implying that this UID or anybody else is homosexual.

Only a short distance up the road is Haulover Park and Beach (also known as North Beach), a clothing optional beach that has a majority homosexual crowd.

http://mapq.st/hef6ao

Prayers that he is identified.
Prayers for his family and those who love him.

ETA: Thinking about it some more...it may be possible that he did not know the area down there and was "Rickrolled".

I wonder if it is possible for detectives to figure out a spot he may have come from based on core temp from the ME Rept. and tides etc? Just thinking aloud... (In type)

The Delano is a very "go to" place for homosexuals. It has been that way for years.
Most people just are not aware of it. He may have shaved his legs.

Disclaimer: I am not implying that this UID or anybody else is homosexual.

Only a short distance up the road is Haulover Park and Beach (also known as North Beach), a clothing optional beach that has a majority homosexual crowd.

http://mapq.st/hef6ao

Prayers that he is identified.
Prayers for his family and those who love him.

ETA: Thinking about it some more...it may be possible that he did not know the area down there and was "Rickrolled".

I wonder if it is possible for detectives to figure out a spot he may have come from based on core temp from the ME Rept. and tides etc? Just thinking aloud... (In type)

The report says they tried to revive him on shore, so he can't have come from more than a few minutes away.

I received a call from the lead detective in Halifax. Unfortunately the fingerprint information does not match up between the unidentified and Gregory. He is waiting to officially rule him out until he hears back from Florida, just to be safe. They exchanged fingerprint information and are individually having each jurisdictions (Halifax and Miami) fingerprint expert inspect the prints. Halifax says "no match"...Florida is still pending. The detective told me he will try to contact Miami by weeks end to see what is up.

*edit* He also mentioned that he is certain that Gregory has tattoos (but couldn't comfirm it). Another area of concern is that Gregory had significant burn scars on one of his arms and legs, something not seen on the unidentified.

I received a call from the lead detective in Halifax. Unfortunately the fingerprint information does not match up between the unidentified and Gregory. He is waiting to officially rule him out until he hears back from Florida, just to be safe. They exchanged fingerprint information and are individually having each jurisdictions (Halifax and Miami) fingerprint expert inspect the prints. Halifax says "no match"...Florida is still pending. The detective told me he will try to contact Miami by weeks end to see what is up.

*edit* He also mentioned that he is certain that Gregory has tattoos (but couldn't comfirm it). Another area of concern is that Gregory had significant burn scars on one of his arms and legs, something not seen on the unidentified.

Dang :banghead:

That looked like a sure thing!

:banghead: Back to the drawing board for both of them now, huh?? I was pretty sure it was going to be a match also. Someone somewhere has to be missing the Florida UID!!!! If he isn't currently in a missing person database, I hope he soon will be.

Wow, I was sure it was him also. They looked so much alike!

thanks for all your efforts masnitram.

given the size of the UID you'd think he'd be easy to match. just goes to show either 1. how many people are not reported missing or 2. how many missing persons do not make it into easily searchable databases.

The report says they tried to revive him on shore, so he can't have come from more than a few minutes away.

That's why I am wondering about North Beach.
There are small motels there along that strip from the Northern most part of N Beach, headed S back towards the Delano, that are frequented by...well... usually people who can not afford the Delano, for lack of a more politically correct description. The motel owner at that Northern most motel is quite interesting himself. That whole area has another whole side of life most people never see, especially at night, kwim?

Haulover Park is called Haulover Park because you park on one side of the highway and have to haul your self and your stuff over to the other side.
In order to cross the highway you have to enter an underground passage that is frequented by people I never want to meet at night by myself. Always wear shoes in that tunnel too, it's gross, uhm, bodily fluids and hazardous waste. (sorry)

Could he have been moved by tides, beginning anywhere in that 8 mile stretch?

What I am trying to say is, if one does not know that area and the types that hang there at night, I do not recommend frequenting that particular strip of beach at night.

Trying not to get banned here and still make my point. Bad section, very bad at night.

The fact that his lower legs were hairless just might mean a lot in this section of town.

Let's put it this way, I would not let my hubby down there alone at night. :)
And... I sure would not go down there, even with him. :)

The Delano has security that watches their beach area, that's why I think this UID may have floated from further North.

I've looked for tide info for 12-23 and 12-24-2009 and can't locate the info.
If anybody else finds it please post?

Iirc, there are usually riptides at that time of year but I am not sure I am remembering correctly.

I did find that the water was around 72 degrees at the coldest around that time of the morning, if I read the charts right.

I've looked for tide info for 12-23 and 12-24-2009 and can't locate the info.
If anybody else finds it please post?

Iirc, there are usually riptides at that time of year but I am not sure I am remembering correctly.

I did find that the water was around 72 degrees at the coldest around that time of the morning, if I read the charts right.

I know the rip tides are bad at that time of year not very far north of there (Ft. Lauderdale, Delray Beach).

I get your drift about what you're saying about the area to the north. Since he was apparently found at 2am, and they thought he could still be revived, meeting an "accident" there certainly sounds possible. I don't think LE ever said whether there was or wasn't other trauma to the body.

Unfortunately, too many men who are living that lifestyle have lost touch with their families -- while they might not have heard from their loved one for many years, they've probably never reported him missing, either.

Can anybody blow up the pictures of him without the distortion I keep getting?
Geez, those pics are teeny tiny.

And that is an artists rendering, correct?

If he were staying at a hotel and left his things in his room he would still take his wallet, right men?

He had on swim trunks but also had his sneakers on. To me, this says he went for a late night stroll on the beach but where is his wallet? I don't know of coral reefs and rocks in this area like the Bathtub Beach in Jensen Beach so I don't think he would wear his shoes in swimming. Are their reefs there that show at low tide that can be walked on like Jensen Beach?

Let's say he was checked into a hotel, went for a walk and was mugged and robbed. The robber takes the cash and throws the wallet in the trash. The room is probably attached to a credit card. The hotel bills the card and cleans his room, but would they report him missing? I am asking...because I don't think so. As long as they can recoup their money they do not care, right? Brainstorming, hope that is OK.

Some of that area, the islands etc... is pretty well to do. If he were a resident somebody would miss him for sure.

I would also like to see the pics blown up so I can see if he has razor stubble or was considered very freshly shaven. Do the bars down there close at 2 am? He was found at 2:04 or is that when the ME pronounced him? I know we used to go over county lines to get alcohol until 4 am but I don't know what the laws were there in 2009. I'll look it up tomorrow. :)

My husband says "not necessarily" on the wallet -- he says if he was going out for a swim, stroll, or assignation, he might only take his room key, leaving the wallet locked up safely in his room. Or relatively safely, anyway.

So, with a less than honest housekeeper the wallet is gone.
If it were in the room safe, there again it depends on the housekeeper.

hmmm...

Thanks Carbuff!

Can anybody blow up the pictures of him without the distortion I keep getting?
Geez, those pics are teeny tiny.

And that is an artists rendering, correct?

2123102710045078242S425x425Q851.jpg

Yes, that's correct. It's an artists rendering.

Oh Thank you Carl!

See, this is what 330 pounds looks like.
<modsnip: broken link>

Where is all that weight in the UID sketch?
Is it possible for a man to weigh that much and not have the weight also show in his face?

It says the UID was weighed so I know the weight is correct but the picture seems like a man that is lighter than 335 lbs.

They both have a bump on the right side of their nose but visually the similarities end there.
The noses are as different as they could possibly be also.
I am just using this picture to show the weight discrepancy that exists in my mind.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh Thank you Carl!

See, this is what 330 pounds looks like.
<modsnip: broken link>

Where is all that weight in the UID sketch?
Is it possible for a man to weigh that much and not have the weight also show in his face?

It says the UID was weighed so I know the weight is correct but the picture seems like a man that is lighter than 335 lbs.

They both have a bump on the right side of their nose but visually the similarities end there.
The noses are as different as they could possibly be also.
I am just using this picture to show the weight discrepancy that exists in my mind.

The example that you are showing (William C Jones) is a man who is 5'8". This UID is 6'8" (i.e., A full foot taller). So his weight is distributed over a taller body.

335 lbs on a 6'8" frame is definitely stocky, but not excessively obese.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahhhh, Thank you so much!
I knew I had to be missing something basic!
The thanks button just was not enough.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back